Pistol P 03-Aug-16
Tracker12 03-Aug-16
critterstalker 05-Aug-16
Bou'bound 05-Aug-16
HerdManager 09-Aug-16
Shawn 10-Aug-16
Shawn 10-Aug-16
25-Jul-16
So I bought a new Hoyt last year and it came with a QAD rest. I was not thrilled because I knew what was coming, and it happened a couple of weeks ago. Mechanism is grinding badly internally. I'll send it back and get a new one just so I can sell it. Already have a new Ripcord on the bow. The QAD never worked properly. I had arrow contact from day one (bouncing).

How does this company stay in business? Every rest my kids and I ever had has failed, and quickly. They are crap.

25-Jul-16
I have had 5 of them and shoot 1,000's of arrows annually. I have never experienced a single failure with any of my QAD's.

My wife has had one on her last two bows as well. Never a single failure with either of those rests.

Sorry you've had such bad luck HM, it certainly has not been my experience with QAD.

25-Jul-16
Brotsky x's 2. Not one issue in five years of hard shooting

25-Jul-16
I've had great luck with mine as well. 3 years and going strong. I bought the higher end one and always stay away from the low end models no matter the brand.

25-Jul-16
15 years on one whisker biscuit and one replacement $40 inner... 0 failures

Time to make a new bowsite quote.. "If the success of your hunt hinges on the flight of an arrow make sure the arrow to fly gets launched off hinges" or something like that.

25-Jul-16
I had two that worked good. But my brother bought one and has had nothing but problems with it. Sometimes it doesn't drop.

25-Jul-16
I bought a QAD Pro HD. First it was loud falling with a snap. Much louder than feathers going thought the Whisker Biscuit I took off. It wasn't long and it started making a loud scraping sound raising and lowering. It got to the point it took a pliers to cock it up. Great CS, they sent me new one. 2nd had issues too. The 3th one I never took out of the package and sold it. No QAD for me. I tried a NAP Apache Carbon and was impressed. Compact, QUIET and ONE moving part. I ended up with them on 3 bows now. FWIW I will always have a bow with a Whisker Biscuit. You can beat simple.

25-Jul-16
I had the top model for a season and had no problems. I have since simplified and use whisker biscuit. I do not miss the complications or fear of failure from a drop rest.

25-Jul-16
The bow shops I have talked with all say the same thing...QADs are made for hunting bows that aren't shot a lot. Basically they are not made to last. WTH??

25-Jul-16
Had an Ultra-Rest HDX on my Hoyt for years without a problem. One day it began exhibiting that crunchy, sandy sound. ..arrow flight was erratic and had marks ok my vanes. QAD replaced it quickly and promptly. Installed the new one a year ago, and now the replacement is doing the same. Now there is a Whisker Biscuit on my bow, and I'm shooting just as good...maybe better now that I'm not worried about my rest failing. I'm always amazed by all the guys who slam mechanical broadheads, yet shoot mechanical rests. :-)

25-Jul-16
PA - to me that is the biggest conundrum in the bowhunting community.

I can't tell you how many times I've been bushwhacking through some thick nasty stuff and gotten all manner of stuff stuck in my sights/rest, etc. I can't imagine the mental agony of wondering if a sliver of grass got into where it shouldn't have, or on those sleeting days wondering if ice is building up where it shouldn't... mental torture I can do without :)

Reminds me of a time I was muzzleloader hunting with a buddy and he goosed it in his car because he was wearing big boots and can't control his foot. His binos flew off the dash and hit my scope. Couldn't get it out of my head wondering if it was off. A day later I shot it just to check. Yup...a foot and a half off. Sheesh. Should never have waited that long, but you know how it is with muzzleloaders...you don't dirty them if you don't have to.

25-Jul-16
Been using QAD rest for years and never had a problem.

25-Jul-16

HerdManager's embedded Photo
HerdManager's embedded Photo
I'd say there was a little arrow contact........

25-Jul-16
If it's failing, you don't have it set up right!

25-Jul-16
The bow shop (QAD dealer) set it up. I'm guessing they've done it a few times before.

And every time I've taken one back they comment on the huge number of returns they have to send to QAD.

25-Jul-16
HM, maybe your bow shop doesn't know how to set them up? Thus all the failures they have.

25-Jul-16
Can't say I have ever had a failure with any of my QAD's, granted I have never purchased their entry model. Talked the great majority of my friends into using them as well, so far no failures there.

25-Jul-16
I have shot 1000s of arrows through my current one and 1000s more on one I sold on my last bow and have never had a single issue. Neither have any of my buddies who almost all use them. Never hear any complaints at the bow shop I go to either. And how can you have "arrow contact" on the outside of the prongs?

25-Jul-16
I had a QAD, went back to a WB after it "froze up" in cold weather. I just put a Hamskae Hybrid on my bow. Very Impressed.

25-Jul-16
Had them on last 3 bows and never had a single issue! To be fair though, I don't shot a ton and do not shoot 3D.

25-Jul-16
I think this is the first negative post I've ever seen regarding QADs. They are by far my favorite rest. Finally had one go bad after 8 years this past winter. Replaced it with a TT Smackdown Pro and I hate it.

25-Jul-16
"HM, maybe your bow shop doesn't know how to set them up? Thus all the failures they have."

Ding ding ding!

I've had them for years on two different bows and one is on it's second bow. Never a problem. If I ever change, I would go with a limb driven drop away.

Is that that the Hunter model you have, Herd?

25-Jul-16
Yes, Hunter model.

25-Jul-16
+1 HDBOW Try the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro. You will not regret it. Quality throughout. Very well made.

25-Jul-16
I believe the Hunter model QAD does not have the lockdown feature, so some of the early ones can bounce up and make contact with fletching.

The QAD model with lock down is a great rest when set up properly. I have never seen one fail.

25-Jul-16
So the shop let you walk out with that much contact?

Time for a new shop!

25-Jul-16
The "Hunter" model is pure crap! The rest of them are as good as you'll get regarding cable activated rests.

25-Jul-16
APauls, how 'bout "don't let your hunt hinge on hinges"?

25-Jul-16
My QAD has performed flawlessly for about 5 years. I have a Whisker Bisquit on my back up bow and am planning on putting a QAD on it.

25-Jul-16
Previous ones I had were put on by the bow shop. The current rest was on the bow when I bought it.

My kids shoot JOAD, and every kid there who has used a QAD rest has had it malfunction. It's not an isolated thing.

25-Jul-16
If they are the Hunter model that is failing, I might believe it. The top models are great.

25-Jul-16
First QAD worked great for a couple years of heavy shooting, but started getting tempermental (wouldn't stay up) after a rainy elk hunt (thank god after). Shop/QAD warranteed it, and I'm happily using the second one. Ideally I'd get more than two years out of it, but as long as it gives me at least that (and doesn't go south in a hunting trip) I'll probably stick with them. I like that they stay up when you let down unless you trigger the fallaway, and they are light.

25-Jul-16
Had similar problems after less than two years of heavy shooting on my bow. QAD's customer service is great, can't be beat, but the rest is lacking. I have nothing bad to say about the company.

I switched to a TT Smackdown Pro. The simplicity is what I'm a fan of.

-Joe

25-Jul-16
No way on earth that rest will live getting hammered on every shot.

25-Jul-16
i was once told(after failure started) that they are designed to be manually raised before all shooting. i always did that when hunting but never while target shooting. i just drew and let it come up. mine failed eventually and i moved on to a limb driven rest because i always wanted to try one. up to that point i loved the rest.

has anyone else heard that? is that maybe the cause of some people having there rest fail and others not ?

25-Jul-16
Only rest I've ever had a problem with.

25-Jul-16
ive been saying this for years this rest is junk

25-Jul-16
Looks like you just don't know how to set up the QAD rest. I have used them for years without problem.

25-Jul-16
Bear Track - that is much simpler!

25-Jul-16
For all the guys who say they've had issues...which model were you using?

I don't understand why QAD continues to sell the Hunter model with the bad rep they have. It is tainting the rep of the HD model which has been flawless for me.

25-Jul-16
Well, I have shot my PSE bows with several arrow set ups from heavy elk arrows at 280fps and very light pronghorn set ups with speeds up to 240 fps. Never had contact issues and the same rest has been on 3 bows and is 6 years old. No worries here!

25-Jul-16
should say 340 fps. duh!

25-Jul-16
I've shot the HD model for a couple years. Still performs flawlessly. It spent many days getting rained on last year.

I have heard bad things about the hunter model as well. If you're going to spend the money, get the high end model.

25-Jul-16
The only problem I've ever had with mine was my fault. After years of use in all types of weather, dirt mud and whatever. It hung in the up position costing me a nice 150"+ buck. The arrow flew funny and went right under him at 33 yards. After cleaning with air, WD-40 and then a few drops of 3N/one oil, it works great. But, I did put a new Rip Cord micro adjust on my new Halon. Just in case???

25-Jul-16
I have a QAD made specifically for Hoyts, its like new, I never had an issue with it but I hate drop ways. I like a biscuit as I could literally rip it off my bow and put a new one on in the field, eye it up and be hunting again in minutes. I will let my QAD go cheap if someone wants it. Shawn

26-Jul-16
It would be interesting to know how many of the failures are tied to the Hunter vs. the high end model. Problems are limited either way, there are always exceptions, but is anyone having issues with the HDX version.

My track record has been flawless, on all bows for about 10 years. Heck I even took the one Lou hated and it has been working well on my bow since he was kind enough to send it to me.

26-Jul-16
deerman406

PM sent about the rest.

26-Jul-16
I have had no issues whatsoever with the HDX, nor any of the other QAD rests that have the Lock Down feature. The Hunter model does not lock down, and may bounce up into the fletching as the arrow is released.

They must be tuned so that the rest comes to the vertical position within the last +/- 1" of the draw. When tuned this way, there is never an issue with fletching contact, even on the fastest bows.

26-Jul-16
I have no idea what or why your QAD rest is not working, but I have QAD Ultra rests on two bows, one over four years old and 1000's and 1000's of shots and I set it up myself, and in four years of IMHO harder than average use it has worked flawlessly and needed zero readjustment. My second QAD UR is on my most recent purchase a HCA X-10 speed bow and I also set it up and have about 500->600 shots on it with zero problems or readjustments once it was set.

Now granted two rests a standard does not make, but I cant express disappointment with a rest that has served me superbly, and I buy one again over all others, without doubt.

01-Aug-16
So I contacted QAD. They said I could send the rest back to them and they would refurbish it for $26.

I guess the "lifetime warranty" only lasts until the rest fails.........

There is only ONE reason they are now charging for a returned rest, and that is they have received more than a few in the mail...

01-Aug-16
I think if you are going to bash a product you should at least find out what the actual warranty of it is. There is no lifetime warranty on the Hunter model, never has been.

02-Aug-16
Love the qad hdx, and I drag my bow through some nasty stuff hunting elk, I pretty much destroy a set of strings every season and this rest has never let me down, if it does I might change! I have had 2 rests fail on me over the years, one was a limb driven rest the other was a quick tune 3000, but never a qad, and qad makes the best broadheads on the planet!

02-Aug-16
I have two of their more expensive rests, never had any problems of any type with either. I'm told the Hunter model is not as good. Now, that's not many data points, I admit. But my experience with them has been 100% positive.

02-Aug-16
Does anyone know this Tracker guy. Sent him my rest for a great price and I have never received my money! Shawn

03-Aug-16
I returned other Hunter models a few years ago and got free replacement using the lifetime warranty. Not sure when it changed but it used to be lifetime.

Again, only one reason they would do away with a lifetime warranty...............

03-Aug-16
Just checked the QAD website.

Hunter rest only has a 90-day warranty now!! Why would anyone buy a rest that they will only warrant for 90 days?

03-Aug-16
Deerman406 I'm sorry to here you got gotten by some guy on bowsite. Unfortunately I don't know your situation or anything for that matter regarding your trade with this fellow. I would like to say to him " you sir ruin good folks trust in humanity and fellow Americans even worse fellow outdoorsman." a great man once sang "I'd like to spit some beech nut in that dudes eye" if for some reason I'm reading this wrong and this fellow has payed up. My bad carry on. Godbless pistol P

03-Aug-16
Well I can tell you Deerman has not been had by anyone on Bowsite. I work for the DoD was sent on travel on business and was not on bow site since last Wednesday. I did not even know he sent the rest until I logged on yesterday where I I saw 6 PM's wanting to know what was up I immediately PMed him to tell him I was out of town. A lot of panic and jump to conclusion and pre mature thinking I was ripping him off over a used rest that I was buying for a backup. Never told him to send it and never would without him sending payment.

05-Aug-16
my buddy tried a rip cord and had nothing but problems now we both use QAD's and love them, 4 years with out a single problem and I shoot 2-3 times a week plus 3-d from march till july antelope hunting in august elk hunting in november they work great! both of us use the HDX model as well.

05-Aug-16
"A lot of panic and jump to conclusion and pre mature thinking"

Well that is a first on the internet. I guess after thirty years it was bound to happen someday

09-Aug-16
I was going to send the rest back, but decided just to trash it. Not worth the effort or cost and I don't really want another one.

Love my new Ripcord!!!

10-Aug-16
Yes, I have not been had. I just take people on their word. I did not recieve my money yet but was told it was sent out Monday. Still waiting, I will up date at end of week. I am sorry but still feel I wad deceived a bit as I wad told money was going out right away. The rest arrived well over a week ago. Shawn

10-Aug-16
Sorry just read the post. I told him I would send it and he send payment same day I have PMS to show that. He send that sounded good to him and sent me his Addy and I sent mine. Now how would I get his address if he did not know I was sending it. Come on!# Be real!# Shawn

• Sitka Gear