Rayzor 31-Jul-16
HDE 31-Jul-16
ohiohunter 31-Jul-16
bigeasygator 31-Jul-16
ohiohunter 31-Jul-16
Drahthaar 31-Jul-16
HDE 31-Jul-16
25-Jul-16
I'm looking to use new broadheads. I will only used fixed blade. What is the best broadhead for high speed bows.(315 fps on chrono or more). Flight, durability, sharpness ect. I will be hunting animals from moose down to turkey.

I want to hear what you got to say, good , bad, inbetween. Evidence and opinion, likes and dislikes, failures and successes of any and all brands.

25-Jul-16
Muzzy Trocar

25-Jul-16
Your gonna get a million opinions on this. For me, Wac'ems fly the truest right out of the box. Slick tricks too.

25-Jul-16
Shuttle T-locks (a little hard to sharpen but they fly great and are very durable). I've also used and liked Magnus Black Hornets.

25-Jul-16
Slick Tricks and Ramcats here.

25-Jul-16
Slick tricks and QAD Exodus Swept blade

25-Jul-16
Slick Tricks and your search is over.

25-Jul-16
Have heard nothing but good things about the new head from Magnus, can't think of the name, and then Slick Tricks. All depends on how good you can tune and shoot a bow. These days, my bow only shoots in the high 170's so I can get good flight with a bent up head and warped arrows!

26-Jul-16
Over the years I have found standard Wac'ems to fly the best. other good ones to try would be, qad exodus (100gr swept) and ram cat (not the cheap Chinese knock off on Amazon).

26-Jul-16
Can't believe no one has mentioned VPA's yet. Can't beat them.

26-Jul-16
QAD Exodus - Solid, sharp, fly great and made in USA.

26-Jul-16
I believe as strongly as possible that Wasp Boss SST 3 and 4 blade broad1-1/16" heads are THE most under rated fixed blade BH out there.

Atomic Bomb proof tough, hair popping scary sharp, needle sharp bone smashing tip, and they fly great and punch big holes and leave good blood trails. I've killed deer with both, but the 4 blade flew same as the three so I stuck with the four bladed ones. Killed six deer with them all went trough the deer like a laser through butter and left impressive holes going in and out. Never had a deer go farther than 75 yards after being hit, granted all were text book double lung hits. I'm so worried they will go out of production and I won't know until its to late I buy a dozen or so every year and stock pile them.

I did an extensive SbS test of them and Slick Tricks and the Wasp SST's flew better and were more accurate out of MY BOW, no doubt the ST's are a fine performing BH, they just didn't fly as well for me as the wasp's and the Wasp SST's took virtually no adjusting to work for me out to 40 yards.

As long as Wasp makes them that's all I will be using.

26-Jul-16
"Can't believe no one has mentioned VPA's yet."

Maybe it's because not as many people use them?

26-Jul-16
Ramcat

26-Jul-16
The ThunderHead has been around longer then most for a reason .

26-Jul-16
Exodus, I find them more forgiving than slick tricks

26-Jul-16
VPA but the heavyweights say 175 grainers. Shawn

26-Jul-16
I have a mix in my quiver, slick trick mag 125, qad exodus 125 and new last year was the VPA 125 solid. The two deer I killed with the VPA acted like they weren't even hit and were down in less than 30 yards...not your typical death run. There is something to how the deer react when shot with a true cut on contact head versus being "punched" with the others. That being said they all shoot the same out of my e35, and will all be in my quiver again this year.

27-Jul-16
Vpa. Fly as good as any and tougher than any.

27-Jul-16
VPA gets a lot of love here, what about similar bh's like NAP hell razors and montec cs? Redhead makes a knock off, blackouts, that my buddy loves. All of which are less expensive. Just curious.

27-Jul-16
Dave B, I've had the same experience with VPAs. I know it is likely a combination of a quiet bow and being a clean pass through with little bone contact, but mine have usually jumped 3 or 4 times then stopped and look around wondering what happened. Begin walking off then collapse.

VPA's get a lot of love on here for good reason. Solid machined steel, tough head, easy to sharpen, true cut on contact, fly perfect (naturally assuming your bow is in tune!!!!) and multiple kills with one head is the norm.... What's not to love.....

I guess some might say the price, but many guys pay the same or more for a package of "One Hit Wonders!!"

27-Jul-16
X 2 on the Muzzy Trocar, best flying head I've ever shot. All the history and toughness of Muzzy with .035 blades

27-Jul-16
Dave B, you mentioning the deer showing little to no reaction reminded me of two deer I shot with the four bladed 100grn Wasp Boss SST's one exhibited what I would describe as a slight shudder and begin to walk slowly away for about 25-30 yards and expire, the second deer my longest archery shot ever right at 40 yards, besides rising her head at the impact, didn't move and actually went back to eating acorns until her back legs gave out, laid down and expired.

28-Jul-16
magnus stinger or slick tricks

28-Jul-16
DartonJager I'm right there with you on Wasp heads! There is a reason they are still around and that's because they flat out perform! So many people get caught up in TV commercials and fancy advertising from some of the newer bh companies but Wasp has been around longer than almost all of them,heck they invented the replaceable blade head. I have always used the Hammers simply because they have a slightly larger cutting diameter than the boss. I can put a fp and bh touching each other out to 50 yards( probably farther if I was a better shot lol) and have had similar experiences as you with the deer simply walking a few steps and tipping over.They never knew what hit them!

28-Jul-16
Zwickey No Mercy.

28-Jul-16
Wow

Lots of you are shooting more than 315fps

28-Jul-16
Cnelk I'm no where near 315 more like 285 but just wanted to give my 2 cents ;)

31-Jul-16
There are only approaching 100,000 VPA being used in the field. About the only thing "similar" about the other heads mentionedas well as a couple that were not is they are Pyamid design and made of steel. None are CNC machined in one piece from tool grade steel. The are injection molded, cast, or welded together. None as tough.

31-Jul-16
Just curious, what type of "tool grade steel" do you use?

31-Jul-16
"There are only approaching 100,000 VPA being used in the field. About the only thing "similar" about the other heads mentionedas well as a couple that were not is they are Pyamid design and made of steel. None are CNC machined in one piece from tool grade steel. The are injection molded, cast, or welded together. None as tough"

I don't doubt the vpa's are tougher, but to what degree? Have you guys done any torture tests to illustrate where the vpa shines compared to comparable bhs? If all of the above bh's can take on a cinder block and not crumble I don't see how tougher is better at that point.

I'll admit I was going to give some vpa's a try but I wanted 125gr non vented 1.25".

31-Jul-16

bigeasygator's Link
See the following link. I bought some VPAs after these test results were posted.

31-Jul-16
I guess that answers my question. I plan on using exodus 125's this year, they do have thicker blades than the 100's. But I'm going to keep my eye out for when vpa puts out a 125 nonvent 1 1/4"

31-Jul-16
you will never shoot a better broadhead than the VPA. Forrest

31-Jul-16
Better how? Everyone looks for something different in a broadhead.

I've seen a VPA blunted at the tip the same as a Montec after striking something hard, so...

But, if I were to try some, it would be a solid 100 gr.

• Sitka Gear