X-Master 27-Jul-16
Brotsky 27-Jul-16
HUNT MAN 27-Jul-16
Dino 27-Jul-16
X-Master 27-Jul-16
SteveB 27-Jul-16
wyobullshooter 27-Jul-16
26-Jul-16
Have a new Hoyt Defiant 34 coming in two weeks. Want to know what sight you'd recommend for this bow - 29 inch draw at 67 lbs- so it's got plenty of getty-up with any arrows (currently GT kinetic kaos with 100 grain pts). Comfortable on any distance out to 65 for elk and deer as well as antelope. Suggestions on: Straight pins...slider...pin slider combo--- what's working well out there?

26-Jul-16
Everyone has a preference and may brands are worthy of tour situation.

You may to to try different ones to find out what is perfect or works well for you.

All have pros and cons, it depends on your need.

I've Used HHA, Tru Ball Accu Touch and now a MBG Ascent which I'm very happy with.

Maybe pick up a few used ones or go to your local archery shop or 3 D shoot, I'm sure other hunters wouldn't mind letting you look through their sights.

Good luck !

26-Jul-16
I'm a Spott Hogg fan. I have the Hogg-it and have been very pleased. It's tough as nails, tight throughout, and easy to adjust. I played with the idea of switching to a one or two pin adjustable but after looking at the what they want for a new one, I decided to stick with it. I was at my favorite shop yesterday looking at sights and let's just say that I'm suffering from sticker shock. Good luck.

26-Jul-16
Chevy.

Seriously though, I want a Spott Hogg. But Montana Black Gold, Axel Armortech, Sword, all make a great sight. For me, durability is the most important thing. Bought cheap stuff in the past and ended up breaking pins. They did get me to use my backup bow a couple times though.

26-Jul-16
I just switched to a single pin slide (HHA). I love it. The sight picture is so much clearer.

And setting it at about 25 yards will let me kill anything from 10 to 30 yards.

(But I'm also 52 years old and my eyes are not as great as they used to me...)

26-Jul-16
MBG Ascent 3 pin slider...best of both worlds! I have my pins set at 20-30-40 and my 40 yard pin is my slider good to 110 yards before I run out of clearance.

26-Jul-16
Brotsky/Scoot how exactly does that slider work? I was curious about that set up!

27-Jul-16
What Castle Oak said; I'm running a five pin Hogg It on my Faktor 34 and love the sight...nails tough

27-Jul-16
Switched to a spot hogg slider this year from a multi-pin sight; really cleans up the sight picture. I plan to leave it on 30 yards and adjust is the situation allows. Set at 30 yards at 20 I aim a little low, 40 a little high, 50 on the back. I was a little worried that this wouldn't work so well, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

27-Jul-16
Axcel armortech, if the fiber optic for the pin is completely protected dont buy it, the fiber should go through the center of the pin body, if its on the outside it can get pulled out

27-Jul-16
I also shoot the same set up as Brotsky and Scoot. MBG Ascent. Best system out there will never shot anything else. Live2hunt88: The set up is somewhat different. First you need to determine which sight tape you need to use by sighting in your 20 and say 50 or 60 yd. Then you actually have to sight your 40 yd. pin in first with your sight set at the "Home Base". Once you match up your pins to the correct sight tape, you're ready to go. You'll have your 20 , 30, and 40 set for fixed position shooting. The really nice thing about this is you'll be able to slide your 40 yd pin to any yardage on the tape and you'll be right on. I have mine set up with .019 pins on my 20 and 30 and .010 pin on my 40 so that it doesn't cover up the vital/target center at longer yardages. Another nice thing is that you can also buy a single pin aperture off MBG and swap out the apertures if you want to shoot a pure single pin sight and still be right on when you mount either one.

27-Jul-16
Live2hunt, X-master described the set-up perfectly! If I'm understanding him though I did set mine up a little different but it is all personal preference!

I set mine up like you would a normal sight in the home position, setting my pins in the housing to have my slider pin centered in the housing and my 20-30 above that. I sighted those 3 pins in at 20-30-40 in the "home" position, meaning topped out. I then dialed my slider in at 50, 60, 70, and 80 making little tick marks on the sight with a fine point sharpie at each distance. I found the sight tape that corresponded with my tick marks and cut it off at 40 yards on the top and applied it to my sight so the home position would be set on 40. That way I have maximum range of motion on my slider for longer distances and my slider pin is always centered in the housing. I believe the way X-master has his set up he can use his slider up and down for any yardage, my slider is only good on yardages past 40 yards. I'm comfortable gapping pins at short yardage so I set mine up for maximum range of motion, again no way is right or wrong, just depends how you want to do it! This sight really is awesome, it has made me a much better shot compared to my old fixed pin spot hogg!

27-Jul-16
I am a fixed pin spot Hogg guy. Solid sight and never let me down. I tried to shoot a slider. It bit me hard twice forgot to reset the sight. Each to there own. Hunt

27-Jul-16
After shooting multi pin for years, and having bad target panic at the same time, I decided to change things up. I have used 2 HHA single pin sights, awesome products. But then, I saw the Spott Hogg Fast Eddie with the double pin...I had to have one. The double pin on a single vertical pin is brilliant, plus you still get the uncluttered sight picture. Good luck to you and let us know what you decide.

27-Jul-16
Brot, It's been a while since I set mine up but I too set my 40 dead center in the aperture but used the whole tape so it's movable though the whole range of yardages. It's all good and works real well.

27-Jul-16
HHA Single pin slider. I rarely need to adjust it, but like that I can. Just like a Ronco Rotisserie...set it and forget it.

I don't know how guys have the presence of mind to use the right pin with a multi-pin setup in a hairy situation like a moving elk changing distances by the second.

Just buy a quality brand single pin slider and don't look back.

27-Jul-16
Everybody has their own idea of what's "best". For me, it's the Black Gold Ascent 3-pin slider. Mine is set up just like Brotsky's, with the 40yd pin being the slider.

• Sitka Gear