r-man 27-Aug-16
KJC 27-Aug-16
LC Archer 27-Aug-16
r-man 27-Aug-16
Florida Mike 27-Aug-16
LC Archer 27-Aug-16
r-man 26-Sep-16
19-Aug-16
In SC chasing velvet. Its 90+ degrees Hot, and Humid, with storms in the forecast, but hopefully will have some luck. I've never taken a whitetail in velvet. Will be alternating set ups with each sit. I have a couple of new broadhead models that haven't shed blood yet. Hoping to change that over the next few evenings. Thank God for Thermocells! Mosquitos are swarming.

19-Aug-16
Good luck Ray... keep us posted.

19-Aug-16
Remember that the season opens on the 15th. Good luck.

19-Aug-16
I don't miss hunting Aug. 15 in South Carolina. I did do it when I live there back in the mid 60's and 70's and that was with a gun too.

19-Aug-16
any bugs down that way?

19-Aug-16
I live here and wont go out side except in the AM . or a cool evening. good luck, what area u trying

19-Aug-16
Yep, the heat must have got him.

20-Aug-16
Was actually 78 last Thursday morning when I was out hunting coastal SC. Heats up fast but have to learn to move and climb slowly, stay in shady spots and wish the seasons were later. :)

20-Aug-16
Wonder if Ray is field testing an undisclosed prototype?

20-Aug-16
I hog hunted last week and it was brutal if the wind laid, and I was gun hunting. No way I would bow hunt in this heat, I'd smell worse than the damn hogs !

Actually, it wasn't hunting, it was an execution........

20-Aug-16
I have 67-69deg mornings, last 2 where 72ish . I watch the deer from my AirConditioned house. It usually cools down in the am more so come sept. Best time to hunt here is oct 7-21 crazy buck movement

26-Aug-16
Deer still move here early season despite the heat. I tend to hunt agricultural field edges or trails leading to/from them this time of year.

26-Aug-16

LC Archer's embedded Photo
Here's one that I took this week.

27-Aug-16
nice ,

27-Aug-16
I'm surprised to see a buck out of velvet so early, especially that far south. Is this the norm for that area?

27-Aug-16
This year I'm seeing more bucks out of velvet sooner than past few seasons. Not sure why that is the case. I'm sure folks more knowledgeable than myself would know what factors cause them to get hard horned earlier.

27-Aug-16
Norm for me, there are a few exceptions of course. Pre-rut action begins in first week October

27-Aug-16
Nice buck LC!

27-Aug-16

Thanks. Was gratifying to take one here in the land of rifles and corn piles. ;)

26-Sep-16
I wonder if a gator got Rayzor ,

• Sitka Gear