taxidermy man 23-Aug-16
XMan 25-Aug-16
Two Feathers 28-Aug-16
22-Aug-16

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
October 31, 1977 The Advent of the Compound Bow

22-Aug-16
thank God, I was worried it was gonna be the swimsuit edition!

22-Aug-16

22-Aug-16

22-Aug-16

22-Aug-16
Yep you never know about how Barry will appear! I agree best not in the latest swimsuit. I remember the anti crossbow ad from many years ago. Barry was shirtless, heart tattoo on the bicep, bandoleer strung across the shoulders and said something like "I am coming to your neck of the woods" Gotta love uncle Barry!

22-Aug-16
I had forgotten all about this. I do remember it was a lady who called me so I assume it was the author. I also remember I was really busy the day she called, thus the short quote. I never did the swimsuit issue but most people don't know Gene and I were models for a Hallmark Greeting Cards ad back in the early 1950s. We had our pictures in full page ads in Life; Look and Saturday Evening Post magazines... and you thought Elvis was big! bw

22-Aug-16
HAHAHA - you guys should consider a speedo shoot with a recurve in hand.... Maybe SI wouldn't want it, but surely one of the premier archery mags?

22-Aug-16
I'm not sure you could see the speedo's! LOL

22-Aug-16
the stored energy of one of the Wensels in a speedo would blow away any compound produced today, imo.

22-Aug-16
I see that Speedo just dropped Ryan Lochte. Better strike while the iron is hot!

Maybe Fur-Fish-Game can start putting out a swimsuit issue!

22-Aug-16
Cool- thx for posting

"More Accurate"....post that on the trad talk sites and you will hear about it.....

22-Aug-16
Outdoor Life, Oct. 1978 has a article from Wensel about Leasing and the negative impact to hunting, different time,different era. Then all I needed was time to hunt and now all I need is a place to hunt, a difference from then and now.

23-Aug-16
Holy smokes...almost 40 years. I remember sitting and talking bowhunting with a guy way back. He asked me "Who's this dude name of Wensel?" Without thinking I responded "Which one?"......nothing but confusion....

Congrats on your recent plumbing job Barry!

23-Aug-16
I didn't know Barry played for Portland!

23-Aug-16
I always thought those Browning Explorer 4 wheeler's were cool...still have one.

25-Aug-16
They do look like a piece of art taxidermy man, I had a martin when I was a young lad that looked similar.

Its hard to believe this was so long ago, where does the time go.

28-Aug-16
Barry - you and your brother are the reason I'm hunting with a stickbow today. Thank you!

• Sitka Gear