HDE 25-Aug-16
leo17 26-Aug-16
Teeton 26-Aug-16
Bowbender 27-Aug-16
huntingbob 27-Aug-16
TD 27-Aug-16
CAS_HNTR 27-Aug-16
25-Aug-16
Just saw this morning that UA took down their Visitor Posts section.

Even after Cecil the airlines didn't take it down because responses were more even.

Proud of all the THOUSANDS of hunters who went and posted.

25-Aug-16
UA has become the Target (no pun intended) of the hunting community...I believe it is the hunters who are dropping UA.

As far as the "celebrities" keeping their celebrity status...they might want to make sure they don't wait too long to distance themselves from UA.

It is funny that they took down their visitors post section...guess they can't stand the heat?

25-Aug-16
Some of the sponsored "celebrities" are quiet as church mice on the issue.. They must really enjoy those Preakness Stakes tickets.. (i.e Lee and Tiffany. Eva Shockey).. Cameron Hanes is the only one that I have seen truly address the issue

25-Aug-16
Pat I don't know - it's a lot of money to invest into a line without knowing there is a string market.

I believe they had a lot of cross-over potential as they are so heavily reliant on team sports and the states with the best and most are in the heartland of hunting community.

They choked a great opportunity. Like I mentioned in the other post 13% of hunters are Nike consumers. That's no small number. For UA I believe it's in the 18-20% area.

I do these type of deals all the time and what I don't get is why they just didn't wait for the contract to end and then no resign them.

25-Aug-16
What surprises me is they bowed to anti's. Everyone knows ARA's buy their clothes from goodwill, how much of the market can that control?

25-Aug-16
Political statement maybe?

I wonder if Hoyt will continue their venture with the Ridge Reaper camo pattern?

26-Aug-16
Why is anyone surprised? This was bound to happen. They are a fortune 500 company that specializes in athletic apparel. I was surprised when they decided to get into the hunting game.

Its like GE deciding to make bows, if it gave them bad PR, do you think they would hesitate on dropping The whole project?

Buy from companies that have roots in the hunting industry and need us more than we need them.

26-Aug-16
I would not be surprised if UA was not planning on dropping out of the hunting industry before this all happened. Just not saying anything would of been there best move from a business stand point. Takinf no sides and this for them would of blew over with very little repercussion.

My opinion and I'm sticking to it. Ed

27-Aug-16
They are NOT a Fortune 500 company. Their previous ranking is mid 800's. Respectable, but not 500. Currently their revenue is 3.96 billion per year. If hunting and the cross over makes up only 10% (my guess it's higher) or just shy of 400 million per year, the BOD and share holders won't stand for that type of loss.

27-Aug-16
Bowbender is right. The owner is a hunter too! Maybe a pause and see how they will regroup?

27-Aug-16
UA sells hunting gear and sponsors hunters. Hunters kill stuff. Shocking, yes I know. Those people who were threatening social media terrorism will do so no matter what the subject, no matter what the situation. They hate hunting. Period. At some point or another this was going to happen. It seems they were caught completely flatfooted.

It seems the company kind of forgot all that. If you are going to enter the market, move into the hunting industry, you should very much support your customer base against those whose goal is to destroy it.

They tucked tail and ran.

27-Aug-16
I never liked their stuff before and dont own much beyond what I got for presents......F'em!

• Sitka Gear