Elkaddict 25-Aug-16
Cheesehead Mike 25-Aug-16
elkmtngear 25-Aug-16
TD 25-Aug-16
Dyjack 25-Aug-16
sam 26-Aug-16
Grubby 26-Aug-16
25-Aug-16
Do you guys have any great methods for lashing gear to the outside of your pack? I'm talking about things like trekking poles and bugle tube that you want to be able to access fairly quickly. I have plenty of spots to tie things on but am looking for a method that allows me to get at them quickly and return them to their spot quickly too.

25-Aug-16
Lash kits for my Kifarus. Simple, fast, quiet.

25-Aug-16

Cheesehead Mike's Link
These Arno straps come in really handy and I use a lot of them. You can usually get them in the camping section at Walmart.

25-Aug-16
My bugle tube has the cord on it...so I just pull the doubled cord through a loop at the tip top of my pack, run the tube through it, pull it tight, and throw it behind my back.

I can still reach it and use it when I need it.

25-Aug-16
"G" hooks and webbing strap work real well, as per the Kifaru kit mentioned above. The "S" mini carabiners with whatever webbing or cord you want works pretty well too. Much depends on your pack and what you have to anchor into. Molle webbing? Loops?

I use some of both to lash on my bow or poles, top lid, etc. Make sure your webbing or cord is long enough to make a wrap around whatever it is you are lashing if you want some extra stability on it.

My bugle I do something similar to what Jeff does, I have a mini S carabiner on the cord and clip that to a good spot on the pack. The cord can slide through the biner and I can reach back and use it without unclipping it from the pack.

25-Aug-16
I have an alpz pursuit pack that has straps for a bow and some other things. I usually just put bugle tube, and maybe a few random things on it.

26-Aug-16
niteize.com

gear tie reusable rubber twist tie 18"

These things are awesome, we even use them to tie ladders down on our service trucks.

26-Aug-16
The nite ize look cool!

• Sitka Gear