Bake 26-Aug-16
Medicinemann 26-Aug-16
Florida Mike 26-Aug-16
Conus_Reaper 26-Aug-16
bowriter 26-Aug-16
AndyJ 26-Aug-16
wkochevar 26-Aug-16
25-Aug-16
All, SCI just announced that the Humane Society has sued USFW to release the names off all people who imported hunting trophies to the US in 2013 and 2014 (could expand). The default the USFW has proposed to protect hunters is the option to opt out of having your name released within 20 days of it posting on their website. If you do not opt out, your name will be given to the Humane Society.

https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-do/freedom-to- hunt/first-for-hunters-blog/first-for- hunters/2016/08/22/important-notice-for-all-who- imported-and-exported-trophies-into-or-from-the-u.s

Aug 22, 2016 Leave a comment If you imported or exported a hunting trophy into the U.S. in 2013 and 2014, and possibly earlier, you will soon be given an opportunity to tell the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service whether you want the FWS to disclose your identity to an international anti-hunting organization.

shutterstock_115333348On August 19, 2016, a D.C. federal court granted SCI the right to intervene in a lawsuit filed by Humane Society International. HSI filed suit against the FWS to challenge the FWS’s decision to withhold information about the identities of individuals who imported and exported animals into and from the U.S. in 2013 and 2014 and possibly earlier. Some of those individuals are SCI members and other international hunters who imported or exported legally hunted animals into or from the U.S. SCI has joined the lawsuit to defend the FWS’s decision not to provide that and other information in response to Freedom of Information Act Requests submitted by HSI to the FWS. SCI is very concerned that HSI wants to use the information once again to attack hunters, hunting and SCI.

HSI’s requests for the information and its decision to file a lawsuit mean that the FWS now has an obligation to notify all individuals who imported or exported animals into or from the U.S. The notice will inform importers and exporters that they should contact the FWS to state whether or not they want their identities disclosed to HSI. Instead of sending an individual letter to each of the thousands of individuals involved, the FWS has decided to publish the required notice in the Federal Register and on the FWS’s website. Once the notice appears in the Federal Register and on the FWS’s website, importers and exporters will have 20 days to respond to the notice. Unfortunately, it appears that the FWS has decided that if a person does not respond, the FWS will assume that person does not object to disclosure. In other words, it may be that if you do not expressly inform the FWS not to disclose your identity, the FWS will take your silence as an authorization to give out your name.

SCI is fully aware that the majority of SCI members (and others in the international hunting community) do not read the Federal Register or regularly visit the FWS’s website. However, SCI’s Litigation Department will be checking both sources daily. As soon as we see the FWS’s notice, we will send out an alert to all SCI members through our electronic publications. Our alert will explain how to inform the FWS whether you want your identity as a hunter/importer/exporter disclosed to HSI.

Please spread the word. If you know others who imported or exported legally hunted animals into or from the U.S., let them know that they too will have a limited opportunity to let the FWS know whether they want their identities disclosed to HSI. Encourage them to consult SCI’s publications and website for further information.

25-Aug-16

Mtgoat's Link
The link shown above does not work. Here is the correct link.

25-Aug-16
That's just not right.

25-Aug-16
So what to the

"I have nothing to be ashamed about it's my right and let those who don't like what I do stick it"

people have to say about this.

25-Aug-16
What can they do? Call you a bad guy? Granted, I did not import a trophy but, had I did so, I'd sue the heck out of USFWS, the USHS, etc... if my name were released to them I'm sure some of you see that as being stupid but, I see it as being fundamentally correct. God Bless

25-Aug-16
The names of hunters that legally imported trophies isn't the Humane Society's business. Nothing but harassment will happen to those that legally killed and imported trophies. The addresses of those in the Humane Society's terrorist ranks need to be released.

25-Aug-16
Bou.... they can still stick it where the sun don't shine. I wouldn't give em a drip of sweat if they were dying of thirst, much less any info about what I do for recreation or lifestyle. I couldn't care less about theirs, that's for sure....

I don't think this is about the average Joe Hunter being harassed. Mostly I think they plan on "outing" some high ranking executives for big companies. Lately several have been removed over what was considered non-PC speech or acts. They will pressure the BOD to remove them. Likely targeting some political office holders, etc. as well.

25-Aug-16
Its terrorism sanctioned by the liberal politicians clear and simple.

So what you say....thats naive. HSUS can create a terrible stink...to the point where folks avoid your business...just so they don't have to deal with it.

Doctor, lawyer, business owner, professional relying on your reputation- whatever....with social media being what it is they can post negative reviews to sink you...no matter if its true or not.

Yep, naive.

Didn't that happen to bigpizzaman? Thankfully he had many clients that overwhelmed the antis on social media. There are many situations where the good guy might not have this option.

25-Aug-16
Aimed at Trump via his son who hunts?

26-Aug-16
Glad my last trip out of the Country was 2012!

26-Aug-16

26-Aug-16
They can have my name. And they can "bring the pain" when they feel froggy.

26-Aug-16
Bring it!

26-Aug-16
Probably the BS over Cecil gave the inbreds at HSUS this idea.

26-Aug-16
Yep, they could have my name.

Everyone that walks in my office is immediately aware I hunt. I've yet to have a bad experience with a client or a potential client over the mounts in my office

I didn't import in those years, but will this year. And those mounts will be in my office as well.

26-Aug-16
Stickflicker and Bake,

"Aug 22, 2016 Leave a comment If you imported or exported a hunting trophy into the U.S. in 2013 and 2014, and possibly earlier, you will soon be given an opportunity to tell the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service whether you want the FWS to disclose your identity to an international anti-hunting organization."

If I read this correctly, ""...and possibly earlier...." means that you might be included at a later time....

26-Aug-16
I think when HSUS finally pisses off the wrong hunter they will rethink their business model. Kinda like Hillary Clintons associates that keep dying mysteriously, it tends to keep the rest of the rats in line. Mike

26-Aug-16
These freaking morons don't even understand conservation at all do they? Most of the animals taken in Africa, the big ticket animals, like elephants, lions, etc. are being culled for a purpose. An old bull who can't breed and won't let the younger bulls breed either, etc. You don't just walk onto the Savanna and shoot randomly. I have read many hunters waiting for weeks and weeks to find an animal that has been approved for hunting.

I personally am not a trophy hunter, as I don't kill anything I am not going to eat. However, the meat is also donated to local tribes which helps them greatly. Part of the reason we have so many endangered species in Africa is because the locals kill them for food, what is called "bush meat". Organized trophy hunting helps raise money for conservation, helps the animals as a whole, and helps the local peoples of that area with food stuffs.

We have wars all over the world, two idiots running for president, and millions of people without food or clean water. But yeah, lets worry about hunters culling animals that need culled anyway. 100% potato.

26-Aug-16
My attny says they can get the names through freedom of Info. act if they want to work at it.

26-Aug-16
Great! I hope they do get the names and make every attempt possible to publicly drag the individuals and their businesses through the mud. Then said individuals can do a whopper of a class action lawsuit against HSUS for liable and sue them for millions.

26-Aug-16
In turn they should be required to provide every name and address of their membership to SCI, etc., for public consumption. Once the shoe is on the other foot, I imagine their position may change. They are much more aggressive when they act in anonymity, which is most of the time.

• Sitka Gear