APauls 23-Sep-16
midwest 23-Sep-16
Gutpile Addict 25-Sep-16
Gutpile Addict 25-Sep-16
WV Mountaineer 25-Sep-16
RogBow 25-Sep-16
caribou77 25-Sep-16
25-Aug-16
Haven't been on here in a while. Gearing up for elk season in the market for rain gear that actually works wher I hunt I always seem to get wet. Please help in this matter thank you

25-Aug-16
Pros and cons for most raingear. I prefer Cabela's Space Rain.

25-Aug-16
X2 space rain. Won't be as pissed if you rip a hole in it compared to kuiu, Sitka, or first lite stuff.

25-Aug-16
I've always used a poncho. Purchased Kuiu ultra NX rain gear earlier this year. Bring on the rain!

25-Aug-16
Sitka. You will stay dry as a bone. Costs a lot. Worth it to me. If cost is not the issue. Get the best.

26-Aug-16
Kuiu

26-Aug-16
Kuiu Chugach

26-Aug-16
First lite stormtight.

26-Aug-16
Kuiu

26-Aug-16
X3 for Cabelas Space Raingear. However, it depends on how you plan to use it. Hunting backcountry & camping there? Hunting from basecamp? My Space Raingear is always in my pack. But if its a really wet day & I'm near my truck, I would use my Sitka. The Cabelas works very well and is the lightest and most compact raingear out there. Depends what your priorities are.

>>>>-------->

26-Aug-16
The space rain is nice to have in your pack just in case....

If I was hunting in the rain a lot I would' spend the money and get something quality from Sitka, first lite or kuiu

26-Aug-16
Frogg Toggs, which can be purchased at any Walmart. Not sure if they carry the camo stuff though, that can be had on Amazon for around $45 for top and bottom. It's light, cheap, and breathable. If you wash it, DO NOT dry it in the dryer, hang dry. FYI the Cabela's stuff I believe is really similar to Frogg Toggs, just at 4-6x the price of course.

My other set of rain gear is Shark Skin rain gear ordered from China off Amazon. It is really really great stuff. You can order it from American companies as well; but they just buy it in bulk from China, stitch their logo onto it, and then jack the price up by 200-300%. Which has been thoroughly shown by multiple side-by-side comparisons that can be Google searched.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either of those.

09-Sep-16
Just purchased kuiu bothers me to spend that much but I also turkey hunt a lot in rain can't stand to get wet hope it's good

09-Sep-16
Kuiu Chugach or Yukon igf you are looking for a warmer /tougher option

09-Sep-16
Kuiu Chugach is great stuff. Not as packable as the Space Rain, but quality stuff.

09-Sep-16
I have the Canelas Space Rain in my pack for my upcoming elk hunt.

09-Sep-16
KUIU has been fantastic

09-Sep-16
i have kuiu chugach. I would def get it over some of the lighter versions. Now its not heavy at all but its pretty durable and I've done away with my soft shell and strictly use this early season

09-Sep-16
Kuiu Chugach

11-Sep-16
Love my First Lite

11-Sep-16
Kuiu Teton rain gear worked great. I hunted 6 days in Colorado and it rained just about everyday.

11-Sep-16
Kuiu chugach ! Just got back from a 10 day mountain caribou hunt and lived in my rain gear. Top notch stuff!!

11-Sep-16
Cabelas Space rain is NOTHING like Frog Toggs.

12-Sep-16
A hunting partner used some new Kuiu raingear. I don't recall the model. It was good quality, light and compact. Expensive too! He got it at 30% off and it was still $400 (about $580 retail!). He also paid $50 for next day shipment as we were time critical on leaving for our hunt. I don't know if it is as compact as the Cabelas Space Rain that I own and used on that hunt (mine is ~13 years old too), but it was impressive stuff.

>>>>-------->

16-Sep-16
Received my kuiu rain suit today impressed so far will be in Colorado next month at 11000 ft for first rifle I always get snow that high. One year we got in trouble in snow storm that lasted 3 days and kept coming down scary ordeal thank god I wear rain gear. I could have died

16-Sep-16
Sitka cloudburst or dew point

16-Sep-16
I came back from Quebec last week and we had a day of 35 -40 mph sideways rain for 8 hours. My First Lite kept me dry as a bone. Excellent stuff for blocking the wind and still being able to breathe too.

16-Sep-16
Getting ready to send my order through for a Vapor Stormlight Ultralight rain jacket and and Boundary Stormtight pant from First Lite... Think I'm going to throw a set of Brambler gaiters on the order too just to help with shedding away the water.

I can't stand getting wet out in the woods!

16-Sep-16
KUIU hands down for me.

17-Sep-16
I took the advice from the BS crowd on a light weight, inexpensive rain suit and went with the Cabelas Space suit. It proved its worth on a recent antelope adventure and kept me dry.

For hardcore working brush everyday and daily heavy rains, I would recommend a tougher rain suit.

21-Sep-16
Thank you guys your gear opinions and reviews is a real bonus to this site.

21-Sep-16
I bought sitka years ago, its like the cloudburst, packable, great stuff, last year I bought the cabelas space rain pants and they didn't last the elk season, if you walk in thick bush the space rain won't hold up, I'm in the market for new stuff, probably kuiu

21-Sep-16
All Sitka for me. I have the down poor jacket and pants and also the dew point jacket.

21-Sep-16
I bought sitka years ago, its like the cloudburst, packable, great stuff, last year I bought the cabelas space rain pants and they didn't last the elk season, if you walk in thick bush the space rain won't hold up, I'm in the market for new stuff, probably kuiu

21-Sep-16
I have Cabelas MT50 bibs and jacket. Very quiet and good for the whitetail stands. I found out it is not good for all day in the rain hiking the mountain for elk. Do NOT purchase MT50 for elk hunting. I'm looking at Sitka and Kuiu for next season.

22-Sep-16
Sitka dew point , it's high doller but worth every cent, packs small, light. I can use it for fly fishing too. Best rain gear out there.

22-Sep-16
A set of Sitka is going to cost you around 750.00 to 800.00 dollars! Unless you are going on an EXTREME high mountain, back country hunt there is no need to spend this kind of money on rain gear!

Get two sets of space rain and you'll always have a backup for less than half the cost of Sitka. That is what 90% of the "working class folks on here do and it serves them very well!

Honestly, if it's raining that hard, for that long you probably won't be hunting in it anyways. There are VERY few people that will hunt in really bad storms and conditions! A couple hours here and there, no problems, all day, days on end, not so much!

I know some pretty hardcore guys and several guides that use the space rain stuff all the time.

If money is no issue, or super hardcore hunts bite the bullet and get the Kuiu or Sitka.

Scar.

23-Sep-16
If Sitka is even in the running I can't imagine why a guy wouldn't buy Kuiu. I've bought some Kuiu and some Sitka (back when Sitka were half ways reasonable) and the Kuiu imo is better stuff. Then there's the fact that it's 30% cheaper.

Sitka $700-800 retail for a set. Kuiu $500-600 retail for a set.

I have the Kuiu Chugach jacket and the Sitka Downpour pants. Wish I had the pants in the Chugach, but I used a Cabelas gift card to get them...which is not possible with Kuiu.

23-Sep-16
For western elk hunting, truck camping, all I carry is the Space Rain jacket. I've had some pretty wet seasons and I never bother to put on the rain pants but will have my KUIU gaiters on. It's a great, lightweight system.

25-Sep-16
I don't camp by the truck I hunt back country with horses 11000 feet I bought kuiu Chugach jacket and pants I will give review upon return in October. Feel certain I will be in the white stuff. Yuk

25-Sep-16
I don't camp by the truck I hunt back country with horses 11000 feet I bought kuiu Chugach jacket and pants I will give review upon return in October. Feel certain I will be in the white stuff. Yuk

25-Sep-16
My goodness. $700-$800 for a jacket and pants? Sitka had better be good for that stupid amount.

25-Sep-16
Worth the money if it lasts years and actually keeps you dry. It must be highly breathable.

I like the Kuiu gaiters but it seems the grass and bushes where I hunt are waist high, so full on rain pants are more the way to go.

The Kuiu gaiters are going to be perfect for deer/pheasant season.

25-Sep-16
I was very happy with my first lite storm tight set I used in quebec this fall. Though we had nice weather for most of the trip. Every morning was very wet and the pants kept me dry and then dried out very quickly.

• Sitka Gear