Sitka Gear
X-Press "Archer" Carbon Defiant Question
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
axle2axle 26-Aug-16
archeryav 27-Aug-16
axle2axle 27-Aug-16
26-Aug-16
Just got back from a muley bowhunt in northern California. While I was gone, my Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 came in...and my wife picked it up for me while I was away. This is the norm for me...since I always set up my own bows...and don't rely on a bow shop for assistance.

So I'm reading the glossy manual last night on the couch...and I get to the section on "Approved Bow Presses." One listed is the X-Press "Pro" Press. Well I happen to own the X-Press "Archer" press. I'm no expert, but doesn't the "Pro Series" and the "Archer Series" use the same method of pressing on the bow limbs. They seem very similar to me...and the pressing technology seems identical.

So I call Hoyt directly...the young lady reads from her script (it seemed) and I get nowhere...just "we recommend the Pro Series"...but cannot tell me why an "Archer Series" wouldn't work.

Next I call the X-Press folks at Feradyne...get sent to voicemail by the receptionist and do not get a return call for the entire day...and now they are closed until next Monday. No joy!

Having said all this, can any of you Bowsite bow tuning gurus tell me if my X-Press "Archer" bow press is suitable for pressing my new Carbon Defiant 34...and if it is not, help me understand why?

Thanks for the help...really wanted to set this bow up this weekend and start shooting it. Seems I've waited long enough, right? Took five months to receive my bow in the first place!

Thanks in advance for the help, Kevin

27-Aug-16
Both press are use the same way to work with the bow The x press archer was not a "micro" tuning compared to the pro

Both are good to go with the new Hoyt ultra flex limbs

27-Aug-16
Thanks archeryav,

Kind of figured they operated the same way. Been swamped today...will give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks again.

• Sitka Gear