huntinelk 28-Sep-16
elkmtngear 28-Sep-16
cnelk 28-Sep-16
EJG 28-Sep-16
Flatbow 28-Sep-16
808bowhunter 28-Sep-16
Z Barebow 28-Sep-16
27-Aug-16
For those that are using the InReach SE. If you have it paired to a smartphone and somebody sends a text to your smart phone, will the text also go to the Inreach, or is there a different number for the Inreach?

Thanks

27-Aug-16
The inreach has a separate number for the texts. A text to your phone will not show up on the inreach. When paired, the texts to your inreach show up in the app on your phone, not in your messages.

28-Aug-16
Nailed it with last post. The App is great.

29-Aug-16
Stekewood explained it. You can only receive texts from someone you have texted through the InReach. You text them, they can text back. All done with a smartphone using the Earthmate app.

>>>>-------->

28-Sep-16
Having an Inreach on my Aug-Sept hunt definitely made my wife more comfortable with me being gone so long. Weather option was nice. I guess I am thinking this might be similar to bear spray in that they both have a shelf life. There is a date on the spray and with the Inreach, technology never stops. I am not sure if I should sell my Inreach unit or hang on to it. Need to check ebay to see if there might be a resale demand for this.

28-Sep-16
Just got done using mine for a week. It is a super useful and handy piece of equipment. I'm thinking I will be selling my sat phone.

28-Sep-16
Just FYI, you can also send a map link to any recipient, that will show your exact location every time you send a text on a topo map.

Great for interacting with someone that knows the Country you are hunting, but also gives an exact point of last contact in case something happens to you.

Best of Luck, Jeff

28-Sep-16
I used mine in Alaska a couple weeks ago with great results.

The weather feature was spot on!

The battery had 30% after 8 days of occasional use

photo DSCN8156_zpsvkwbjebt.jpg

28-Sep-16
has anyone had any issues with message that were said to have reached there destination, not showing up too the recipient in a timely manner.

i had flawless use of mine over two weeks, except to one person, who said a particular series of messages didn't show up for a week. I'm apt to blame some user error on the other end but i don't really know?

28-Sep-16
I have had one for a couple of years now. This year I had it in the field twice. The first time for 2 weeks on a sheep/caribou hunt. Used daily I had 50% battery at the end of trip. The second time out was for a week, used multiple times daily and had 65% battery left. Have a had great service with it!

28-Sep-16
MY brother and I got back from our annual elk hunt and both had in reach this season. Messages worked flawlessly sending out to home and receiving reply. When we tried to message each other about needing help with a downed bull on 2 different instances, the messages didn't go through for 3 hours or even a day later. The device showed that it was sent out fine. Made for some frustrating times. Less frustrating knowing you have no way of communicating then waiting for a reply and thinking your buddy is not paying attention to his messenger. . I killed a bull at 850am very far from camp and messaged my brother. He got my message an hour later and saw my location and asked if he should come with our other partner. received that message at 330pm just as I was rolling into camp with the first load.

28-Sep-16
Just got back from using mine for 2 weeks in the field. Turned on nightly and weather checking. Still had 65% battery at end of trip.

Cheap insurance and it was far more reliable than my phone in regards to reliability and battery life.

• Sitka Gear