Hawkeye 28-Aug-16
drycreek 28-Aug-16
Mike Castillo 29-Aug-16
nutritionist 29-Aug-16
Mark Watkins 29-Aug-16
Rayzor 30-Aug-16
Rob in VT 30-Aug-16
28-Aug-16
I have a nice clover plot that is still battling some weeds. The plot was last mowed August 1st. I would like to mow it 1 more time to knock the weeds back but it is nearly Sept 1st. I live in Vermont so should have a frost in 6 weeks. Thoughts? Thanks, Steve

28-Aug-16
Mow it. You need water. Clover will grow in soil temps of 45 degrees or there a bouts. Water is your limiting factor. Mow it. This time of year the dew gets so heavy, it should grow some anyway. God Bless

28-Aug-16
mow

28-Aug-16
Mow it for sure

28-Aug-16
Too late to mow mine, two weeks of 100* and two months with no rain fixed that ! It will be back next year though, one reason I love clover.

29-Aug-16
Steve, I agree, mow it now. I just planted clover last week, still lots of growing time.

29-Aug-16
Most areas you have until sept 15th to plant for clipping you usually want to have your clippings done by september 15 and NEVER clip below 6" and preferrably take half and leave half.

29-Aug-16
Mow AND fertilize (and pray for a shot of rain) to get fresh young growth right before the hunting season

Mark

30-Aug-16
Glad we only cut half and left half last year about this time. Didn't get rain and wiped out what had been a lush plot. We had that happen one other year but thankfully the plots bounced back in the spring with minimal overseeding in thin spots. Lots of rain this year but that plot we cut last year just didnt really recover as expected. Going forward we're only cutting based on whether or not we have any rain in the 10 day forecast and cut higher than in the past. Lessons learned. Too much time and $ to flush down the toilet.

30-Aug-16
Mow it Steve. I plan on mowing my clover for the last time this weekend. I'm in Washington county.

• Sitka Gear