Cheesehead Mike 27-Sep-16
longbow 27-Sep-16
>>>---WW----> 20-Oct-16
dg72A 20-Oct-16
>>>---WW----> 27-Oct-16
dg72A 27-Oct-16
houndy65 31-Oct-16
30-Aug-16
Just picked up a used Switchback, and was wondering what you switchback shooters use for a quiver. Thanks....

30-Aug-16

sdbowhunter's Link
I use a Alpine archery soft lock 5 arrow quiver on mine.

30-Aug-16
I had a Kwikee Kwiver on my Switchback- no issues.

30-Aug-16

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I also like the Alpine soft lock. Only pix I got of my switchback with a soft lock. not the best pix.

Ed

30-Aug-16
I have 2 Switchback XT bows & I have a mathews 2 pc. quiver on each one of them. I always leave my quiver attached when hunting. I really like the quiver & have never had any problems at all with them. They hold the arrows very securely. I like the 2 pc. quiver way better than a 1 pc.

31-Aug-16
I have an Alpine (5 arrow) since the day I bought my SBXT. Great quiver, no issues whatsoever.

31-Aug-16
Thanks guys... I like the look of the Alpine soft lock. May pick up one of those.

31-Aug-16

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
I also have the 2pc Mathews Quiver on my SBXT...

Bow's 10 years old now and still shoots fantastic.

31-Aug-16
Same as above, Alpine Soft Lock

31-Aug-16
I have used both and the 2 piece Mathews quiver IMO is a far better quiver. With the Alpine I had a lot of trouble with it staying on in rough country and while on horseback...The Alpine hooked a branch once, fell off and the horse stepped on it and broke 3 arrows. The Mathews 2pc. quiver is bolted on and holds the skinny Easton Axis arrows tight.

31-Aug-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Mine is the Apex MQX-Nano 5-Arrow Quiver. Put it on when I got the bow in 2007 and haven't had any trouble. I usually only carry three arrows.

31-Aug-16
Fuse 2-piece quiver

31-Aug-16
I bought my switchback the first year they came and never found a quiver for it. Loosing the whole quiver or getting the arrows pulled out by the brush was always happening to me. Nothing like crawling out of the creek and bucks chasing a doe all over the place only to discover I had no arrows. Bought a new mission bow last year and the pro-shop had an older left hand tight spot on the shelf. Boy wish I would have bit the bullet years ago. I had the kwikki quiver, the Alpine, and one from apex I think. I'm always a hang and hunt guy, so I'm always busting brush.

31-Aug-16
I have an extra Mathews 2 piece quiver I'd let go for cheap.

31-Aug-16

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
BTW, the old 2 piece Mathews quivers work on some of the newer bows (except the Chill I think). I've always had the 2 piece quiver on my old MQ1's and it also works on my new Halon.

If I didn't have one I'd snatch up Bullwinkle's!

31-Aug-16

AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
The Fuse two piece is a great fit, holds 6 and is lighter than the Mathews.

31-Aug-16
Yup, snatch the one from Bullwinkle. I prefer the Mathews two piece, quiet and rock solid. Shawn

23-Sep-16
Update---- did the deal with Bullwinkle and I love the Mathews quiver. Thanks to Bullwinkle for the pleasure of doing business with him. I appreciate it very much. In the meantime, I picked up another Switchback, so maybe I need another quiver. lol

23-Sep-16
Thanks for sharing the tip and picture Cheesehead Mike. That helped me out as well.

23-Sep-16
I also have a Fuse two-piece on my SBXT (back-up bow).

Love the SBXT, a classic smooth-shooting gem! Don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

24-Sep-16
Fuse, never an issue!

26-Sep-16
I use a vintage Chuck Adams hip quiver. And I shoot a left hand switchback.

27-Sep-16
Was shocked there wasn't a mention of a Tightspot. I have one on my Switchback XT and love it. I know your purchase is already complete, but seems like very other quiver thread is inundated with Tightspot lovers and this one didn't have a single one! (So I had to represent) lol

27-Sep-16
FYI and update on using the old Mathews quiver on the Halon.

The studs on the quiver that protrude through the bow riser are a little longer than the Halon riser is thick. Therefore you need to either add a washer on the back side of the riser or just file or grind a little of the length off of the quiver studs. A couple seconds on the bench grinder took care of it for me.

Also, the lower portion of the quiver sticks out a little farther than necessary from the riser due to the design of the Halon riser. This results in the fletch end of the arrows being a little farther away from the riser than the broadhead end, i.e. the arrows are not parallel with the riser. To cure this I had a machinist friend shorten up the mounting stud on the lower portion of the quiver by about 3/8". The quiver now holds the arrows tighter to and parallel with the riser. It worked fine without the modification but now the quiver is a little tighter to the riser at the bottom.

27-Sep-16
X2 on the 2 piece arrow web quivers, hard to beat them if you can find one.

20-Oct-16
dg72A- Doug: I have been trying to send you a PM but it doesn't appear to be going through. Could you please PM me your phone number? Or call me @ 970-824-7133.

20-Oct-16
WW, check your messages....

27-Oct-16
Got the package. Thanks! I sent you a couple of PMs

27-Oct-16
Your welcome.

31-Oct-16
I use a alpine soft lock 7 arrow quiver, I bought mine at mountain archery, they are online.

• Sitka Gear