Florida Mike 23-Sep-16
non typ 23-Sep-16
Florida Mike 23-Sep-16
SlipShot 23-Sep-16
midwest 23-Sep-16
05-Sep-16

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
Broke out my destroyer 340 to get in some practice prior to my NM 2nd season trip. Pull it back and I hear a click. Then it blows up. The bottom limb breaks in two places. Lucky I started to shoot at 530. I call bowtech and the said to send it to them. Rushed it to UPS shipped it 2 day for Wednesday delivery. Hopefully they look at it and have quick turn around. We are leaving on the 13th.

Thinking about getting the BTX-31 any reviews

05-Sep-16
I love bowtechs best bows with the worst limbs, have a look on AT there was a batch of btx's that had limb issues, it wouldn't be my choice, I'd get a rpm 360 instead.I think barnsdale makes limbs for the destroyers

05-Sep-16
Any idea what caused that?

Sure hope all works out

05-Sep-16
No idea why. I somehow missed a huge bear in June from a ground blind. My arrow mule kicked and shot low at 30 yd. that was the last time I had shot the bow. I though my arrow must have hit the bottom of the window even though I had checked and had plenty of clearance. I'm wondering now if this limb was the cause of my miss.

Bowtech said they only had 50 lb limbs for my bow and would either give me a carbon Icon or I can get a BTX or a prodigy for an extra $200

05-Sep-16
My 340 also had a bottom limb failure about 18 months ago. Bowtech replacd it with a rpm360 for $250.00. shortly after Barnesdale made limbs available for the Destroyer. The 360 is a great bow but I really liked the Destroyer. If limbs had been available at the time of the failure, I would have replaced the limbs with ones from Barnesdale.

05-Sep-16
I've seen several bxt's blown up in the box. Couldn't give me one.

05-Sep-16
Some guy's love them even though there seems to be a lot of limb failures. I know it has turned me off of even looking at them.

05-Sep-16
I may knock the dust off my extreme VFT and see if Bowtech will work with me in January on a 2017 bow

05-Sep-16

09-Sep-16
Great customer service from Bowtech. They got my bow Wednesday and offered me an option to upgrade to a BTX. They shipped my new bow out on Thursday for a Monday delivery. Leave to elk hunt Wednesday am.

09-Sep-16
Never own a bowtech...

09-Sep-16
Good to hear. Good luck on your trip.

09-Sep-16
Good luck

09-Sep-16
Hopefully your luck improves on your elk hunt! Stay safe!

09-Sep-16
Im with turkeyhunter; never again will I own a bowtech. Glad your customer service was better than I got, but I think the company changed hands since I had my Allegiance.

09-Sep-16
Had a 31 and it blew on me months ago. Know of 4 others within an hour that did same thing.Not bashing. Just really think something wrong with that bow. Prodigy was fine. I can't in good conscious shoot another Bowtech after my experience. Scary stuff.

09-Sep-16
I've shot 2 bows since 2003 both bowtech and this has been the first issue. I don't baby my equipment and still have the 2003. It seems that there are some limb issues here and there. I have talked to people I know shooting this bow and like it. I hope this bow will perform as it is supposed to.

09-Sep-16
Barnsdale makes limbs for the Destroyer 340...end of drama! I love my 340, I bought the Barnsdale limbs so if my originals ever fail... I like to be prepared! mike

09-Sep-16
Not a Bowtech but I have Barnsdales on a Rytera and they are amazing limbs

09-Sep-16
Im rough on my gear. Its not a back yard or 3D course bow. Its a working bow of killing stuff. Ive been shooting the hell out of this RPM 360 and it keeps on taking a beating and killing stuff dead.

09-Sep-16
My destroyer 340 also had a limb break, bow tech told me they didn't have any replacement limbs. They sent me a carbon overdrive to replace it. Shot it one year, didn't like it . sold it to my nephew cheap, i now shoot a Mathews halon.

10-Sep-16
They offered me a carbon Icon but I did not like the grip.

10-Sep-16
"I somehow missed a huge bear in June from a ground blind. My arrow mule kicked and shot low at 30 yd. that was the last time I had shot the bow."

Am I reading your posts correctly saying you are fixing to leave for a hunt and the last time you shot your bow is three months earlier. You must be a way better shot than me cause I need to practice way more than that.

Glad it worked out and good luck on your hunt. I think I would have had tears in my eyes if my bow broke like that.

10-Sep-16
$175 for the Barnsdale limbs and your done...

10-Sep-16
I shot quite a bit prior to my bear hunt. I travel with work and have not been able to shoot like normal this yr. I have been shooting for 30 yr and feel very confident in my usual equipment and my ability. 7-8 days of practice would have been enough. I will be shooting all I Monday&Tuesday shooting 12 then take a break then shoot 12 and so on through the day as I pack. Usually I go elk hunt with 60 yd as my farthest range. This year it may be only 40yd. I will just have to see how me and the new bow get along.

22-Sep-16

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
Limited my range to 60. The new bow did its job. Shot was a little high but the angle was right. Less than 200 yd sprint down the mountain.

22-Sep-16
great !

22-Sep-16
Good job!

22-Sep-16
Awesome NT, glad it went well...Congrats!

22-Sep-16
"Any idea what caused that?"

It was the sticker on the limbs. It looks like it broke right on the "B".

23-Sep-16
Send me that broke 340 and I'll use it for a back up. We can negotiate the price! Mike

23-Sep-16

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
Bowtech required I sent the bow to them for warranty trade for the new BTX. Not sure why it broke but it did prior to arrow release. I heard two cracks then it broke with me still at full draw. I really liked that bow it killed many animals and placed in 3D a few times.

23-Sep-16
I will have my Destroyer for a loooong time because it shoots better than me and I already got the Barns limbs. Goodluck with your new BTX. Mike

23-Sep-16
I have two Bowtech bows and both have treated me good. My go to bow now is a Destroyer 350. It is a little unforgiving but it shoot very good; my field points and broad-heads shoot the exact same spot. My backup is a Extreme Solo.

23-Sep-16
Sure is nice being able to yoke tune those Bowtechs.

Congrats on the bull, non typ!

• Sitka Gear