AZBUGLER 04-Oct-16
ben yehuda 04-Oct-16
BowmanMD 05-Oct-16
elkmtngear 05-Oct-16
AZBUGLER 06-Oct-16
10-Sep-16

AZBUGLER's embedded Photo
Looked back and it's been 9 long years since my last semi-live elk hunt. That was the last time I had drawn 2007. Lots can happen in 9 years! I have so wanted to go hunt some other states but it just wasn't in the budget. I didn't even have my two youngest kids back then. Weird! I knew I had max points to draw my home unit this year so once I decided to cash in, I pretty much new I would be drawn. That meant the scouting started early this Spring with some shed hunting! We were lucky to have a pretty great year and find some real nice sheds. Kaitlynn, my youngest was always willing to go out and look. She absolutely loves it! Here's Kaitlynn with our first find in late February.

10-Sep-16

The months went by more slowly than ever. I bought equipment and cameras, found new locations and as the season progressed put up a couple of stands. Got some great pictures of nice Bulls and and had backup plans lined out. As September grew near, I felt like I had a pretty good plan. I also negotiated with work to get the full two weeks of the season off!

10-Sep-16

Finally the day came! It was Sept 9th and I was leaving work and answering the call of the wild! As I was driving out I was overcome with emotions (excitement, anxiety, and even son sadness). I realized this would be my first ever elk hunt with out my dad. Due to Prkinsons Disease, my dad is no longer to endure these kinds of hunts. I know it killed him not to be going as it did me. I promised I'd call daily to give updates. It's strange to wait so long for something you love so much. But it was finally here.

10-Sep-16

My friend Ron was to meet me up at my cabin to hunt 4-5 days with me. He got held up with work last night and didn't get here until 3:30am having only had 2 hours of sleep! Because Ron was running late, I figured I might as well go out and listen for bugles. This kept me out until 1:30am! So I got my two hours of sleep before Ron got here. I had only heard one bugle all night which was definitely a rough start.

10-Sep-16
That is sad about your dad.

Mine is now in the Veterans home......no more hunting with him--dang it.

Enjoy your hunt and thanks for sharing with us.

Good luck, Robb

10-Sep-16
Rough day yesterday for an opener. We sat the wallow where this bull was seen recently. Heard a few cow calls close by but nothing came in. Later that morning went to grab my memory card off a camera I had up at a trick tank. When we got there, I found the cam was stolen along with the tree stand I had placed there! Both were locked up with cables and padlocks.

We ventured into a different area in the late morning and found some great sign at a couple of dirt tanks. It's been warm and dry for a few days now so they just started to hit the water pretty decent.

Went back to the wallow and someone had set up a blind right next to my pop-up and put a camera right next to mine. He had beaten us there and had no intentions of leaving so we packed everything up and hit the road. Insert annoyed face here. We hit another drinker tank after a bit of a drive. There we were harassed by two guys driving around in a ranger bugling away and talking for most of the evening hunt. We did hear a bull bugling and coming to water as it was dark. We packed up and moved out before he got there.

Off to the new area this morning. Going to plan to sit water unless we get there and have a bunch of bugling. It's early yet and they are just getting started.

Thanks for the kind words Rob. Dad taught me everything I know. He is a great man.

10-Sep-16

Forgot the pic of the wallow bull.

10-Sep-16
I'm in and good luck! I'll enjoy this one...

10-Sep-16
Can't wait for this to unfold ! I am at home this weekend on Daddy duty and can't hunt until next Thursday. This will hold me over until then. Best of luck!!! Hunt

10-Sep-16
How can someone steal another mans equipment ?

Best of luck. I hope you kill the biggest bull there is in AZ.

10-Sep-16
Good luck on the hunt and your daughter looks like she had a great time. Sorry about your pops, mine had Parkinson's and my mother in law has it. Your updates will make his day. Good luck.

10-Sep-16
Slow morning thus far. It is 9:20 and we're still in the ground blind at water. We did hear a bugle this morning at 7 but that's it. Still believing in this new spot and feeling good about this afternoon. There's a Cooper's Hawk keeping is company this morning. Beautiful bird! Not quite worked up for an all day sit yet so we'll probably leave after a while and catch a wink before we come back early afternoon.

10-Sep-16
Sorry the POS stole your property. Enjoy the hunt !

10-Sep-16
Now I'm glad you didn't borrow my stand, lol! Good Luck buddy!

10-Sep-16
Nick, so true!

So on the way back in town ran into a nice young man and his father that I know from the archery club. The son had killed a magnificent 6x7 last night. Green scored right at 370. Congrats Parker! Now I'm more pumped then I already was. Going to down a sandwich and get back to the blind!

10-Sep-16
Sweet!

10-Sep-16
Keep it coming. Good luck!!!

10-Sep-16
Well we got set up at about 3pm and boy was it hot! We were sweating away at 86 degrees and felt sure that the elk would be hitting water at any minute. WRONG! Nothing came in and no bugles either. Kind of a bummer of a night, but that's elk hunting.

11-Sep-16
This is going to be a good one...Good luck Chris!

11-Sep-16

This morning we sat out tank blind again. Got in about 40 minutes before light and not a peep! We had a Muledeer doe come by but that was it.

Finally at about 7:30am we heard a bugle from behind us, just like yesterday. It sounded half mile away or so, so we decided that we'd had enough sitting and got out to pursue. He wasn't bugling much, but enough that we could keep tabs on his direction and get the wind right. When we figured we were within 100-150 yards we decided to try our luck and cow calling him in. Ron stayed back to call and I snuck another 25-30 yards closer and found a shady spot. When Ron let out the first peep, all Hell broke loose. Elk started running everywhere! We hadn't realized the bull had a bunch of cows with him. Not sure if they just didn't like the call, if the lead cow didn't want to have anything to do with another girl, or if the wind shifted at just the right time. I saw 10 or so cows go trotting away from me and four came straight at me to about 20 yards. I could hear the bull glunking in the thick trees still and running around. Quickly I screamed a short bugle with chuckles hoping the bull would fight for the ladies that came my way. He wasn't having any of it. I saw him crest out on a small hill following the big group of cows. He was an average 6 point that I would've passed on anyway, so that made me feel a little better.

At least for the first time in three days I felt like I was actually elk hunting! It was nice to see some elk and have some excitement! After getting back to the truck we went back to one of the spots I had scouted all summer to pull a trail cam (if there still was one)! I had both a cam and a tree stand up and I was fairly concerned that I might find nothing, but very pleased when we got there and found everything intact. This had been my priority location prior to me getting good pics at the wallow. I had some real nice Bulls hitting it regularly but I knew that would change with the rut starting and the influx of hunters opening weekend. When I looked at the pictures I found several Bulls still actively using the water as well as a bunch of cows. I decided this place would still be in the running for this week. Especially after seeing the 6x8 bull that was there at 11:00am on opening day just 20 yards from my tree stand! Lol.

Going to finish up one more evening at our stock tank and if nothing comes in, we're moving on. The Bulls have been bugling a little better in the higher elevations. With some of the weekend hunters going home, I might head up higher this week to see what we can do. If not, it's on to the tree stand.

The pic is of that bull on September 1st as I haven't yet downloaded the recent pic.

11-Sep-16
Good luck Chris!

12-Sep-16
Great stuff AZ!!

Just finalized an elk trip with my older brother.....set them up and go!

Mark

12-Sep-16
So last night was tons of fun! We were a little later getting settled in. Decided on the same ole ground blind at water for one last night. I figured this way we'd have two full cycles there. All was silent for most of the evening. It was still hot, but down five degrees or so from the previous day.

Right at 6:45 we heard our first bugle. I said, he'd better hurry because I've got about 15 minutes of shooting light left. A few other Bulls sounded off too and then one closer to us, right behind the dam of the tank. I got ready. Darkeness was approaching fast! Next thing you know, out pops the head of both the bull and a cow. They were coming in cautious. After deciding that all was good here they come right down to the water, joined by a second cow. Analyzing him as he drank. He was a beautiful 6x6 with real nice fronts, beams, and spread. But he was real short on his back end. I guessed him at just under 300 but it was tough to get a great read on him in the low light. So there he was at 38 yards. Decision time. I sighed, looked at Ron and said, "I'm passing". Just then the bull moved up the bank turned broadside and hit a hard and loud bugle at us! Ron took out the video camera at that point in an attempt to capture some of this. Much too dark for the camera. At least we got the audio of a second bugle before he disappeared. Awesome awesome night. I wouldn't have passed that bull on day 10, but I have 11 more days to hunt.

12-Sep-16
Good luck!

12-Sep-16
Good luck Chris! Sent you a PM

12-Sep-16
Thanks all! Sent one back at ya 6.

12-Sep-16
Since last night had treated us well, we went back into the same blind for the morning. The rain started right away. Not a hard rain but steady drizzle and lasted for the first 2 hours or so of shooting light. During this time we heard no bugles and nothing came in. We decided to drive to a glassing point after the storm passed in hopes that some elk would be up and feeding but that produced nothing.

It was about then that I received a text from my friend Gary who was here hunting from Washington with his son Ryan. They had a bull down in an area closed to motor vehicle traffic. I told him we'd be there soon. We didn't wait to long until Gary and Ryan came off the trail riding their bikes with a quarter each. These guys are hard core! Ryan had made a great shot on a 5x6 bull this morning after the rain. A ceremonial sip of Yukon Jack and a beer and we were all putting on packs and going back for two more quarters, head, and trim meat.

12-Sep-16

Ryan and Gary riding in to the trail head.

12-Sep-16

The smiles say it all for this father and son team! What a memory. This is Ryan's first trip to AZ and he's already tagged out!

12-Sep-16
Simply awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated, it very addicting to follow along!

13-Sep-16

Ryan's bull.

13-Sep-16
We sat the ground blind at the tank again tonight. First bugle rang off at 6:43 (20 min before dark). Nothing came in during shooting light but we had a couple of Bulls close as we packed up and headed in. One of them mocked is by bugling from real close as we walked by in the darkness!

Tomorrow I'm going to let this spot rest and head up higher in elevation hoping we'll hear more bugling action. I'm ready to take the game to them instead of waiting for them to bring it to us.

14-Sep-16

Day 5 began with me going to a pretty consistent spot in the higher elevations. We covered a bunch of ground listening and calling , trying to evoke a response. We didn't hear a single bugle or see any elk. It was early yet so I decided to shift gears and head over to the wilderness area near where Ryan killed. Ron and I made a good 5 mile loop but only heard one lone bugle.

For the evening I decided to sit water at a treestand I had set up last month. This was the same place with the 6x8 bull off my cam on opening day (pictured above). I kind of abandoned this place earlier in the week because the area had too many other hunters. I figured we might have it to ourselves during the middle of the week. We got in stand by 3:00. Once I got up there I was kicking myself for not hunting here the past couple of days. I had a great view of 100-150 yards all around me and only a 25 yard shot to the water. Then I could see a good storm heading our way. At the first it was a light rain so no big deal. Then came the downpour mixed with some lightning. I lowered my bow down and got off the 16 foot lightning rod I had been sitting in. I found some cover on the ground where I still had a good shot at the water. After 20 min or so it was done, so back up I went! Then came the second wave and the third wave. Each time it was the same: duck into cover, wait it out, then climb back up. And me with my rain jacket in the truck! Afterwards a beautiful double rainbow came out.

As it approached darkness my confidence got higher and higher. Until it was just about dark and I heard my first bugle a long ways away. Shortly after I turned to look behind my stand and came face to face with a 5x5 bull that had caught my movement. I didn't realize till later that I was silhouetted against the moon from his angle. He turned and slowly walked away, not quite sure what I was.

Got back to the truck wet and freezing cold! It was great to see a bull coming in though. Ron packed up and headed home right after the hunt. I'll be on my own for the day and then my buddy Kirk will be up to take the next shift. Thanks to Ron for hunting the first five days with me. We had a blast despite the slow hunting.

14-Sep-16

14-Sep-16

14-Sep-16

I've got to admit, I'm finding myself just a little discouraged. It's been tough hunting so far and I've already started thinking of how many days I have left. I spoke with dad yesterday and he reminded me just how fast things can change. He was sure that some time before I have to leave the Bulls would start cranking up. I'm sure that he is right, of course. That's the highs and lows of elk hunting. I still have 9 days left to make this happen. That's more time then I typically have for a hunt period. It was nice to get some words of encouragement from my favorite hunting partner. Full speed ahead!

14-Sep-16
Day 6: decided to head to the area of the tank blind this morning. I figured I'd listen as I go. If I hear a bugle, I'll just go after them. If not, I'll sit in the blind and hope something comes in. So I didn't hear anything and here I am in the blind. It's 6:35am and still not a sound in the woods! I tried bugling a few times and nothing. Evidentially it's not time yet.

14-Sep-16
Stay the course Chris, it'll happen!!

14-Sep-16
It'll happen...

14-Sep-16
Only takes one. I am heading out myself for 18 days of battle. I can't wait to see your bull when I get back! Hunt

14-Sep-16
I'm enjoying this. And I'm pulling for you. Keep at it.

14-Sep-16
Get em Chris! I am following your's and Bigdan's threads closely and am enjoying them both very much! From a guy not traveling out west this year, thanks for taking the time to write up your daily events! It helps me get my elk fix for this year! Much appreciated and best of luck! TODDY

14-Sep-16
It's a catch-22. If you kill early, you can almost feel bummed that your hunt ended too soon. If you go several days with limited action, you can get discouraged. By the time this hunt is done, you will thrilled and thankful for the memories....regardless of outcome.

15-Sep-16
The evening of day 6 found me with another friend, Evan. It was super windy and the thought was that the elk would be hunkered down in some brush with some topography. We found a place that looked good from aerial photos and took maps and made a hike. Also got more aggressive with bugling and cow calls to see if we could spur someone in to talking. Lots of miles and lots of great looking country but we only heard one bugle and it was far in the distance.

15-Sep-16

Day 7: My long time friend came up for a few days and brought two horses with him at my request. My thought is that we could ride them deep into the wilderness area and get away from the crowds. My use of the words "wilderness area" are somewhat subjective. This is a 4 mile by 5-6 mile area where no vehicles are allowed.

Getting set up and off this morning was nothing short of challenging. It took quite a while for us to get the horses ready and packed. Kirk would be riding Doc, who belonged to a friend of his. He said he'd feel better about that choice because he didn't know Doc all that well and what his temperament was like. I hopped up on Bentley, an older paint who was fairly mild mannered. Should've known it was going to be rough from the start as Doc threw a fit when Kirk tried to mount. After a few attempts, he was just about on when Doc went bizerk and Kirk flew off and then got stomped in the stomach. I was sure we might be E.R. Bound but Kirk said he was alright after a few choice phrases and re-adjusted the saddle. Next try worked fine and we were off. We were surprised that we didn't hear a single bugle during this whole ordeal.

Finally after about two miles we heard a couple of bugles. We closed the distance a bit and then dismounted. Kirk stayed with the horses and I planned my approach. I soon discovered those elk (three Bulls from what I could tell) were moving way faster than my slow stalk. I had to bump it up several notches to gain on them. I was practically running when I saw the first elk butt. The head was in the trees so I wasn't sure what kind of elk it was. Then I heard the larger sounding bull off to this one's west. I moved forward a few steps and positioned myself in the pines with a good shooting lane or two in from of me and made a mew with my diaphragm call. He screamed back instantly and I could hear him coming. As he approached maybe 75 yards, I got a good look at him and could tell he was a shooter. A nice, wide, even six with whale tails. I could see he was angling toward the shooting lane on my right so I started ranging objects. It looked like he'd come in to 40 yards or so at least. He paused once and I hit him one more time with a cow call. He chuckled and continued! Just as I was about to draw, he paused and started looking for this cow. He was now at 50 yards but behind some brush with no clear shot. I decided to shut up and let him come find me. He waited for a few minutes, then turned and walked away. Frantically I called again and he stopped and turned with a sapling covering the majority of his body at 60 yards. No shot! For the next 30-45 minutes I tried to get back on him. At one point he was close enough that I saw him again, pushing a cow and a calf. I figured a challenge bugle might turn him so I blasted the bugle. Next thing I know he's running his cows out of Dodge! Exhausted, defeated, and invigorated at the same time, I made the treck back to the horses.

It had been a gorgeous day! I came dang close and got one Hell of a show in the process. Back into my treestand tonight. Hoping that the cool dry weather. Rings some Bulls and even my 6x8 in.

16-Sep-16
Day 7 evening I sat my tree stand over the truck tank. This sit was much better than the previous as it was all clear out! I heard my first bugle at 6:25 and another bull shortly after that. They bugled four or five times each but neither came in before dark.i decided to sit in the stand for a while longer to see what came in. Just after dark 7:10 or so, I heard hooves coming down the road. I turned my head but couldn't see the animal. Then came the sound of munching lol. After a few minutes the sound was gone and that was all.

16-Sep-16
Day 8: We decided to take the horses back into the wilderness. We took a different path in and we're riding for a solid hour in the darkness without hearing a peep. Finally, just after sunup we heard a good bugle. Same drill as yesterday. Tie up the horses and I'm off!

I got in fairly close to the largest sounding bull (there were three bugling in the area) and gave a cow call. He immediately screamed back at me and I called again. The next bugle was closer and I thought this was it! Then he turned and walked away. What the heck? He was now across a small canyon from me. I decided it was time to forget about the calling and go kill that bull. I made my way down the canyon and half way up the other side when he let loose again. He sounded close! Definitely under 100 yards at the top. I slowly climbed up and caught him running at about 60 yards. He wasn't running from me but chasing his approximately 20 cows around (so that's why?). Another nice 6x6 that I would shoot in a minute if I could. I eased ever closer to where he disappeared into the trees and then I caught movement. A cow bedded down 50 yards or so away. Then I saw another below me and another to my left. I was smack in the middle of their beds. I heard a commotion and looked up to see some cows heading my way. They came through an opening at 40 yards and I saw antlers coming after them. I readied myself to draw but then noticed that this WASN'T the herd bull, but a small 5x5 following them. I guess he wasn't much of a threat. They parallel me at about 30-40 yards heading along the side of the canyon. I decided I'd have to get a few steps closer to the edge in case the larger bull followed. Two steps was all it took and the forest erupted with the sound of hooves and broken branches. The bull or a cow near him had spotted me and they were gone in a flash! Dang! Another close call with a good bull. It was a long ride back in and Kirk loaded up and left for home.

16-Sep-16

Sitting in the ground blind tonight. Some New tracks and wallows since my last sit here.

16-Sep-16
Ooooooo that spot looks promising!!! I'm enjoying this Chris .... Gettm

16-Sep-16
I'm on the edge of my seat here ! Good luck !

17-Sep-16
Great looking spot! Good Luck!!!

17-Sep-16
Thanks guys! My confidence was high last night but it got even higher when I heard my first bugle at 6:25 pm. That's the earliest yet! But I only heard him a couple of times after that and by dark, nothing had come in. Except for a bobcat that I apparently didn't hit right! Arrow went through him but no blood anywhere. I'm jinxed when it comes to cats. It did, at least provide some entertainment.

17-Sep-16
Day 9: This day started off slow for me. The weekend hunters were out in full force today. I sat my treestand. A whole herd of elk had been in there since yesterday. I suspect after dark. I had a vehicle come driving up to the tank at 7am! They did, however, back out and leave when they saw me. I heard only one faint bugle and nothing came in.

I stopped by another dirt tank later in the morning and found it tore up with elk sign. It was very fresh like they were just there. I'm adding this one to my list for the near future.

18-Sep-16
:)!

18-Sep-16
For the evening hunt I decided to stay close in to the cabin. My wife and kids were here and I wanted to spend a little time with them. I hadn't been getting in until almost 9pm with the long drives I was making. I headed to a close by tank that I've had some success with in the past but found it was dry. I took a 3 mile or so hike in the area calling and listening and heard Zero! It's been a challenging day. Not going to lie, I might be getting slightly worried. Only five days to go here. I'm ready for the bull from night three to come back! Lol. In all seriousness, it's not all about the trophy to me. I love this opportunity God has given me. I really wanted a 350 or larger bull, but I've invested too much time and money to go home with nothing.

I talked with Bowsiter Tejas tonight and he asked if I had been out to a particular place he knows well. I told him that I hadn't as it is an extra long journey but with tomorrow being Sunday and the woods being packed, it may be a good idea.

I rushed home and caught a high stakes board game with the fam. It's nice to have them around, but I wasn't about to let them win!

18-Sep-16

Day 10:

My wife Maree said she wanted to go out with me in the morning but she didn't want to be too late getting back. She had to go home today as she worked tomorrow. I told her I could have her back by 10am or so and she agreed. Sleep is about Maree's favorite thing in the world, so 3 am was a tough one on her but she did it. We made the 90 minute journey out the spot of the day. This area is wide open grasslands with a few wooded ridges. Cover is sparse, but you can glass in a lot of places and see the elk way out there. The temp dropped this morning too. It was 37 degrees and a little chilly for both of us. I assured Maree she would warm up as we walked.

18-Sep-16
Making our way along a little fence line, I bugled and cow called occasionally but got no responses. The fence line was absolutely full of elk tracks. Based on my observations while scouting this summer, the elk would feed and water in the bottom of a large green valley, then make their way back to our location for bedding. It's a pretty perfect set up as the elk are moving with the wind.

We hadn't gone 1/2 mile when I looked out and saw elky shapes in the open. I threw up the binoculars and confirmed we had elk (and a lot of them). I counted 18 cows within my view and then I saw a nice 6x6 working them our direction. Then I saw more cows and another smaller 6x6 in the same area. The elk we're heading toward our direction but on a diagonal that would put them out of range. With limited cover, it was real tough but I knew we had to get to our east and quick of we wanted an opportunity. We began slowly making our way using and tree or shrub we could find for cover. When we had moved maybe 75 yards or so I caught movement and saw the larger bull heading over the ridge with his cows. We weren't quick enough. The smaller bull, however, was still milling around and his cows were out in the flat. Since it was day ten and I had Maree there with me, I knew I would gladly take this second bull if I could get the chance.

We started crawling as we were out of cover. The cows were about 300 yards out and the bull was out of our sight at this time. We crawled about 100 yards before making the next little set of trees. I ranged the cows at 196 yards at this point and there was no getting closer without crawling through the open grass. I had to hope they would feed much closer. Then I saw the bull. He was fed up with the cows lagging behind and ran down and hooked them up our direction. These elk took the same path as the first ones and it was going to be out of range. What could I do?? I cow called and got the Bulls attention. He looked our direction and started to come straight at us. I last ranged him at 87 yards and closing and had the bush in front of him at 58 yards. My plan was to take him when he got to that point If not closer. I just had a feeling this was going to happen!

18-Sep-16
Just after I ranged him, he turned to his right and started angling away. I think he was nervous to leave his cows to find this mystery girl. When his head went behind a juniper tree, I just shifted into high gear! I knew it was now or never and I had to make up some time and get a shot. I stood up and moved pretty fast covering 29 yards or so before he was about to come into the opening. As he came out I drew back, aimed and released. The arrow looked like it had the right trajectory, but dropped at the end, and I missed! The bull took a couple of quick steps and then kept moving the same direction. I took out another arrow and readied myself for the next gap. When he hit that gap I drew again. This time he turned and faced me. A conscious thought did not go through my head at all. I aimed instinctively and let it fly! The thwack sound that followed was great. When the bull turned, I could see about 10 inches of my 29 inch arrow sticking out. He ran and I instantly began wondering, was it a good shot?? Seconds later I heard the crash! And then the moan! I knew he was dying and close! I fell backward and just lay there. Then I remembered Maree was behind me somewhere! She came out from behind her tree and we celebrated. She wanted to go to the elk right away and I told her we had to wait at least 30 minutes. I didn't want to take any chances that we didn't have to. After a long, long wait we took up the trail. Anyone could've followed this trail. There was blood everywhere! A short 80 yards or so later we found him!

18-Sep-16
This one is for you Chris! Well Done My Friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvQQGv-yLyU

18-Sep-16

As mentioned, I had spent months preparing for this hunt. I so wanted to get one of the big boys I had on camera. I wanted to shoot a 350 or better bull for sure. In the end, there is so much more to this amazing lifestyle than score though. It's the moment! I had passed similar Bulls this season, but there was something different about this hunt. Something special. Having my wife by my side for just one morning. Having had ten days of seeing and being with the elk. Having shared my hunt with several good friends. It was just magical. The bull was beautiful! Evenly matched and covered with mud! I thanked the Lord for the blessing he had given me and for creating these amazing animals that I can't get enough of. Now what will I do?

18-Sep-16

18-Sep-16
Thank you Heat!

18-Sep-16
Beautiful bull......congrats man!!

18-Sep-16
Congrats, awesome to have the wife there as well.

18-Sep-16

writer's Link
Link for Heat

18-Sep-16
Thank you Tejas! Can't wait till you draw again.

18-Sep-16
Very nice! Congratulations and thank you for taking all of us along! TODDY

18-Sep-16
Congrats! And thanks for taking us along....

18-Sep-16
Atta baby...

18-Sep-16
Nice work! Awesome bull! Great story!

18-Sep-16
Great job!!! Thanks for sharing your hunt with us az!

18-Sep-16
Congratulations - and extra special having your wife there with you. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

19-Sep-16
Thanks for the great pics & story and congratulations on your success!

19-Sep-16
Nice! It's been great to follow.

19-Sep-16
You are so right. You nailed it. Congrats on a great bull and a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

19-Sep-16
Thanks for sharing your hunt! Congrats on a nice bull and a great experience.

19-Sep-16
Awesome! Congrats!

19-Sep-16
Great thread, fantastic hunt, congrats.

19-Sep-16
Thank you all! Funny how every time I forget just how much work there is after the shot! Meat is at processor, skull was caped out, and I got all my stuff out of the woods today. Guess I'll have to go home tomorrow.

19-Sep-16
Sounds like it was a great way to end your hunt and you killed your elk. Thanks for the story. Loved it.

19-Sep-16
Congratulations. Great memories for you and your wife. Thanks for sharing.

20-Sep-16
thanks for taking all of us along on a great hunt! Congrats on a great time and I'm glad you got to share it with your wife. Must feel super special!!

20-Sep-16
Congrats!!! Great write up bud. Thanks for sharing.

21-Sep-16
Thanks again guys. It's really over I guess. Back to work today...

21-Sep-16
That's what I wanted to see. Congrats to you. You get it for sure!! Well done. Hunt

22-Sep-16
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

22-Sep-16
Glad it all played out well for you.

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

22-Sep-16
Nice job sir, great bull, enjoy the rest of your season!

22-Sep-16
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

22-Sep-16
Great Job !!!! Thanks for taking me along!!!

03-Oct-16
Great job AZ! Great story and thanks for takin' us along! Congrats! Pretty special to have coach along on the ride!

04-Oct-16
Thanks Scoot!

Absolutely TD. The icing on the cake.

04-Oct-16
I really enjoyed following this one; thanks for taking the time to write it up.

05-Oct-16
Congrats! Makes me homesick for AZ. Good job on bringing it all together--and with the wife along, too! Awesome! #jealous

05-Oct-16
Nice work, AZ. Missed this one...because I was elk hunting lol.

Awesome that your Wife got to witness your bowkill!

Best of Luck, Jeff

06-Oct-16
Thanks Elkmtngear!

Isn't it about time for you to come back home BowmanMD?

• Sitka Gear