loopmtz 23-Sep-16
Mr.C 23-Sep-16
Alpinehunter 24-Sep-16
Bowboy 25-Sep-16
Pope125 25-Sep-16
14-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
after 20 years with a riffle and 8 with a bow it finally all came together on a very good bull....buddys all said come watch MNF opener! NAH its only two days into the season I said I cant kill a bull sitting on the couch! 530 that night down he went 25 yrds shot he only walked another 30 and tipped over

14-Sep-16
Congrats on a great bull. I hope you have some better pictures of him.

14-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
I wish I did but it got dark fast and I was alone until after sunset kinda bummed about it but maybe I can do something after it comes home from the taxi...I did have any room to spare right of the lungs as you can see! maybe rushed the shot a bit lol

14-Sep-16
Wow awesome bull!!!

14-Sep-16
Sweet! Congrats!

14-Sep-16
Great bull! The wait was worth it! Congrats!

14-Sep-16
good job!

14-Sep-16
Congratulations!!!!! Great bull!!

14-Sep-16
Nice job!!!!

does he have single brow tines on each side? Very cool looking!!!

14-Sep-16
Great bull. Congrats!

15-Sep-16
Congrats !!

15-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
I wish I had some dramatic story about the hunt but I really dont! no float planes boats rides or horses,it all started in 87 with my 308 and a east side elk tag my buddy talked me into!after 20 years of it not being the right bull or on the right piece of dirt and never getting a special draw for east side cows or branch bull and countless hours of hiking the Rattlesnake hills I decided to change the game! and pick up a bow and a west side tag( ya gotta be close on the west side of the state)!I knew of a friend that had land very close to Mt Rainer and elk visited occasionally.I ask and worked my butt off and he basically gave me about a 60 acres piecs of dirt with trees lotsa brush at the base of a heavey forrested private land to do what I wanted with, I could see where they crossed the boundry and brush hogged a nice trail to the open pastures they feed in when they were around and made some nice spots to hide! that was 8 years ago and Ive got a few cows sence then but never a bull.A few friends have taken some spikes and rage horns but nothing like this! Ive seen some other nice bulls on neigboring lands but just never got lucky enough or was in the right place at the right time... I knew he was there I could see his antlers from the barn roof 3/4 of a mile away and the 20 or so cows with him laying directly on said trail .. I came up with a plan to dist my buddys on MNF and headed out on a belly crawl that took 3 hours the wind was strong and perfect...when I first spotted him from the ground I was within 20 yds and thought BUSTED ..thanks strong wind..nope I snake backward and a little bit to the side stood up and drew! he and all the cows stood up in one motion I placed my pin and let er fly as I watched my luminock disappear into his chest my first thought was to far back and im so mad at myself... went back to one knee threw up the binos and watched him walk 30 yrs up the trail and stop,did the death wobble twice and tipped over both lungs just far back with no room to spare but FINALLY I have a nice bull

15-Sep-16
Nice bull! Is that a Roosevelt Elk....or a Rocky Mountain Elk?

15-Sep-16
Very Nice!!

Congratulations!!

Scar.

15-Sep-16
Great bull. Great story. And the pictures in the field are also great.

Thanks for sharing.

15-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
I was able to drive the backhoe right to him and scope him up Dad always said why work hard when you can work smart!and still does .....I do wish it was way up in the hills and I had to pack him out with some great adventure tied in!it would have made such cool story for such a great bull but im happy with it the either way #1`s in the bag notice the ghost bow hunter on the barn

15-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
Rosy 36" inside the chest 486lbs on the butchers hook no head,hide,cut off at the knees...he was one of them big ones that was closee to 1000lbs

15-Sep-16
Great stuff when a plan comes together. You "earned" him!

16-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
Thanks for the nice words fella`s ....the neighboring land owners son took these photos the day before almost two miles away..while at his bus stop..he heard the big bull went down and looked me up so he could sent the pictures pretty cool

16-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo

16-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
and there seems to be a ? now wether its a roosevelt or a rocky mountian always thought we had the rosys ..location is about 30 miles from the base of Mt Rainer on the west side of the state ...any thoughts Fellas?? I say its a Roosevelt just because its on the west side

thanks MikeC

16-Sep-16
Mr C.....Congrats! Great bull!!!

Mark

16-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
pictures of him alive where taken friday morning I guess getting mixed message on that but anyway last one

23-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
didnt really have a choice the weather was very warm and i wanted him to hang for 4 or more days and the cold storage rental fee was almost as much as having them do it all ...but it`s a stark reminder why the family does it ourselves Yikes

23-Sep-16
Yikes is right... Usually, it's a flat fee on processing and they ding you on the custom work (sticks, jerky, sausage, etc...).

23-Sep-16
Nice

23-Sep-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
even without the pepperoni it would have been a big bill...but thats OK id been saving for it for 28 yrs hahahah 7 cubic feet stuff full and I gave some away

24-Sep-16
Congrats on a well deserved bull!

25-Sep-16
Congrats on a great bull.

25-Sep-16
Awesome bull , Congrats !!

• Sitka Gear