Eagle_eye_Andy 21-Sep-16
woodstick 21-Sep-16
scentman 21-Sep-16
nutritionist 22-Sep-16
Ohio Brad 22-Sep-16
scentman 24-Sep-16
scentman 24-Sep-16
17-Sep-16
recently had some logging done, need a quick grower to cover landing area...the landing is right off the road so I just want something to establish quick without being a magnet for deer and road hunters.

20-Sep-16

DanWesson357's Link
I would use winter rye different from Ryegrass. Here is a good explanation of the difference.

21-Sep-16
thanks guy's... have to get something spread before next rainfall.

21-Sep-16
Cereal rye

21-Sep-16
I'd probably go with the ryegrass also. Anywhere I grow rye, the deer are all over it. The ryegrass will establish quickly and not be as attractive to deer

21-Sep-16
Ok, I'm going with rye grass for landing and some road spots... also I will spread some winter rye for a plot I have yet to seed. Thanks again gents!

22-Sep-16
annual rye is super cheap and with the smaller seed is better for throw and go than any larger seed like rye.

a 50 lb bag of annual rye costs about $40 and covers 1 acre

22-Sep-16
Check out grandpa rays logging trail mix

Only problem I can see is just about anything from grandpa rays will attract deer. It will be super fast growing and hardy..best of all it's almost foolproof to plant.

This unique logging trail mix contains the overlooked meadow fescue forage. Most logger’s trails use cheap fescues and low palatable forages but this blend gives one the rough and tough blend of grass and a mix of the more nutritious clovers. An all-around blend that keeps the soil in place covers the ground for many years to come and the added nutrition of clovers. 25% Meadow Fescue 20% HS Perennial Ryegrass 15% Creeping Red Fescue 15% Medium Red Clover 10% White Dutch Clover 10% Alsike Clover 5% LadinoClover

24-Sep-16
weather man said rain... yea right! broad casted the rye grass and nothing, not a drop. won't be a couple days at least til we get some moisture. will it be ok?

24-Sep-16
oh, and to top it off they sold me winter rye... I specifically said rye grass, i gets home and hurriedly spread out the seed... thought to myself seed looked rather large for grass, googled the size and found out wrong seed! my bad. Can I still cast out some rye grass?

• Sitka Gear