ohiohunter 24-Sep-16
ADKid 24-Sep-16
JordanMOFLCO 24-Sep-16
CO_Bowhunter 24-Sep-16
CO_Bowhunter 24-Sep-16
18-Sep-16

CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
I've seen some incredible bulls this year, but this one is the best. I believe he was the one responding to my calls below this wallow/meadow yesterday morning. Back out this week. I thank God I have the health and time to do this.

Monarch of the Forest from David Neils on Vimeo.

18-Sep-16
Heck of a bull I hope you get him.

18-Sep-16
Was this before season or did you want to wait for a larger one before you sent an arrow into his lungs?

18-Sep-16
What a Bull. Good luck and God Bless

18-Sep-16
Good luck, I hope you get him !

18-Sep-16
This video was captured on Monday, September 12th at 5:19 p.m. The bowhunting season in Colorado runs from late August through next Sunday.

If I have an opportunity I will definitely release the Zwickey Delta from my Montana Bow recurve. Love that bow, even with the limitations that come with traditional gear. All of the elk I've harvested have been at 16 yards or less. 15 yards is my favorite distance but I've killed them much closer.

18-Sep-16
Too Cool!

Good Luck! Bag that big boy!:)

Scar.

19-Sep-16
Sweet footage.

19-Sep-16
What a beast! best of luck

19-Sep-16
If you get him with that Recurve you will be my hero...I hope you get him!

19-Sep-16
Impressive bull. Have a great hunt and best of luck.

19-Sep-16
what a bull!!! best of luck to you!

20-Sep-16
Thanks! Headed out Wednesday to hunt through the weekend. I hope to have some harvest photos to share when I return. Either way, it's hunting.

20-Sep-16
Seriously, you are my bowhunting hero. If I were you, I would forever be talking about how if only I had my compound bow, I would have shot the bull of my dreams. You have a tremendous amount of dedication and integrity. No matter how it turns out, you should be proud. Good luck.

20-Sep-16
Wow! Thanks for sharing. That is some excellent footage! Good Luck!

20-Sep-16
The footage is so nice that I'm not sure everyone here realizes that its trail cam footage.

20-Sep-16
best of luck

21-Sep-16
Good luck. Awesome bull

21-Sep-16
Thanks for sharing the footage. That was super cool.

24-Sep-16
Wowser!! Very impressive!!

Please tell us about the camera

G

24-Sep-16
Look at the symmetry. Gorgeous bull is that on public land?

24-Sep-16
Thanks for the comments. I set up a hunting blind at this wallow after packing it in five miles from the highway. Crazy. I sat in the blind nonstop from Wednesday afternoon until Friday morning. Peed in a ziploc bag and avoided pooping by limiting my calorie intake to 10 Clif bars. I felt like an astronaut.

I only had one bull come through during daylight hours but lots of activity right after dark, including the 7X7. He was 15 yards from me, bugling his head off and throwing mud in all directions. At one point I had five bulls bugling all around me. Because the wind swirls constantly in this meadow, making it near impossible to hunt, I decided to try one of those Ozonics units. I'm sold. I had bulls pass downwind of my blind less than 10 yards away and never winded me, all at night.

Other than the 7X7, the other excitement was two large bull moose sparring less than 3 yards, yes 3 yards from the front of my blind. I wondered if I was going to end up being part of a genetic cleanup operation.

Two days before I arrived this 6x6 showed up. I learned a great deal again this season and thank God I have the ability to do this. Another trailcam video:

24-Sep-16
Is that footage from a game camera? If so, do you mind sharing which one. The footage of both those bulls looks great!

24-Sep-16
x2 BEG, amazing video quality!

24-Sep-16
I admire your tenacity,,pooping in a Ziploc bag..I have hunted wallows for the past 10 days in Colorado, and never encountered a live bull. Congrats on the fine videos, and it is truly an addiction!!

24-Sep-16
Thanks CObowhunter.....I was able to point out to my wife that I am not crazy. Peeing in a ziplock and holding your poop......dude you are WHACK!!! I'm not worthy!

24-Sep-16

CO_Bowhunter's Link
Let's set the record straight. I didn't poop in a ziplock bag. I'm not that talented. I peed and HELD my poop for three days by eating just what I needed to keep my ability to focus, draw my bow, etc. 10 Clif bars in 48 hours did the trick. LOL

I'm using a Browning Recon Force Platinum camera from www.trailcampro.com. I don't mind paying the extra 10% to purchase from these guys because they have a 2 year return policy and you don't have to deal with the manufacturer.

Camera height and angle are critical. Most guys set their cameras way too high off the ground. I prefer a low camera angle as it results in a more respectful footage of the animal I'm trying to videotape. There's nothing like mountain lion footage when the lion is looking DOWN toward the camera. Makes you feel a tad smaller. I rarely have my cameras more than 18 inches off the ground for elk and 15 inches for mountain lions and bobcats.

I also use custom cameras that I build for still images using slave flashes. I like the Nikon D3200 and the Nikon SB28 flashes. There is nothing on the market at any price that will produce the same level of resolution. I've attached an example of a lion image I captured a few years ago.

I'm happy to help anyone who wants to take their trailcam photography and videography to the next level.

24-Sep-16

Another trick. Using Adobe Lightroom, you can move forward or back, one video frame at a time, and capture a still image. This gives you the best of both worlds with a camera that is under $200. Crazy. I've included an example.

• Sitka Gear