kellyharris 15-Mar-17
Pat Lefemine 15-Mar-17
CAS_HNTR 15-Mar-17
Pat Lefemine 15-Mar-17
19-Sep-16

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

Pat Lefemine's Link
I reviewed the new Moultrie Mobile system which allows you to access photos from your remote trail cameras as they are captured. Learn about the system, setup, photo retrieval options and my results by reading this in-depth interview.

19-Sep-16
Pat,

Do the service plans require a contract? Can you use the mobile app for two or three months, and then turn it off, or is there an annual obligation?

19-Sep-16
Yes. Watch th le video. Your all questions are all answered.

19-Sep-16
But Pat, your suggestion would take us each waaay too much time...we'd rather just have you watch it, set up the cameras, do the real world testing and tell us the answers to our questions:)

And, speaking of questions....how many "bars" does one need of cell service for the Moultrie device need to send pics?

I've had very good luck with the Moultrie cameras over the years (especially the last 4-5 years)....am sure I will need to get a couple of these guys...

Mark

20-Sep-16
Good review. I have been wondering about these and will likely now be purchasing

20-Sep-16
A poacher nightmare ,

20-Sep-16
Mark, bars on your phone or bars on the Moultrie device? I've connected with 3 bars on my phone but I did not check how many were on the device. I have seen 4 bars on the device and it connected no problem.

Understand that a bad signal will likely delay transmission times and increase battery drain. But we did not test how it performs in a bad signal area.

02-Oct-16
So I went out and got one of these!!! Set up was easy and it works well here at the house. Will be taking it to Kansas soon. Can you get it to alert more than one person? Would be neet for the guys coming to hunt with me to get alerts sent to their phones. The only problem I for see is the critters really liking that silver cord!

02-Oct-16
Forest, have the alert sent to e-mail and then set up an e-mail rule that forwards to your group of hunters. Only issue is that will just send them the alert and they wil have to go into your account to see the pics. That means you will need to share your ID and PW with them. I don't think that's a good idea. Probably best to just send them the photos of the mature bucks.

02-Oct-16
Looks really cool, definitely useful. I messed a full month of pics in September this yr because a battery exploded after i put new ones in. We dont go into this area much to leave it undisturbed, and that is why it was a month since we checked. Intell we were expecting to get was not there. Woulda been great to know it wasnt functioning right away. The main worry i have is, the last couple moultries i bought take a TON of pics throughout the day, of nothing. Looks to me like its the heat of the day and the wind. I would imagine that would eat the data plan right up. Been afraid to buy a moultrie since. Great battery life, trigger speed and pucs arent bad. But i wade through a hundred pics on some really sunny days. Anyone know about how many pics would the $9.99 plan take in a month without goin over?

02-Oct-16
Stick and string, sounds like you're camera is set to motion+time lapse instead of just motion detect. My buddy did the same thing. Easy fix.

02-Oct-16
Pat, we do use the timelapse function for turkeys in the spring, a fantastic way to see when and how the turkeys are utilizing certain fields from a distance. We use the typical motion/30 sec delay trail cam function all other times of year. The issue i am having is definitely a different deal. It doesnt take a ton of pics on cloudy days, just sunny ones. It is mounted so it isnt taking direct sunlight, but it seems as if the brighter days just trigger pictures more for some reason. Those cams are pre-2015 anyway, so id need to get a new cam altogether to use the moultrie mobile, but i guess im just a lil worried of sinking a bunch of money into the new cam and the mobile and then having those same issues with a newer moultrie cam and blowing thru data.

02-Oct-16
I have experienced that too but very rarely and I have 30 cams from 2015 and 2016. The new cams have a high and low infrared setting so that may help.

15-Mar-17
Seriously looking into these but have a couple questions for the users:

1) Battery life on the modem vs. camera: I know the camera will last a while based on my experience with Moultrie (and most "good" cameras now) but am worried about the modem and how fast it drains batteries. Any thoughts or expectations on the model battery life?

2) Depending on the answer to "1"......Is there a way to add a solar panel and/or external battery to the modem?

3) Now that you have a good "winter" season in......anything you don't like or wish was different?

15-Mar-17
Forest bows hey feel free to send me your ID and password you have nothing to worry about!

I am going to check this out hopefully this weekend?

OK so what is the cost of the actual camera and modem?

15-Mar-17

Cas, The battery drain varies based on temp, battery type, connection strength and volume of photos. Right now I'm averaging 50 pics a day uploaded from my dead cow coyote bait and I'm getting about 2 solid months with Li-ion batteries in my modem. I think I got four months early in September when I was getting 5 pics a day.

You can use both an external battery pack and a Solar unit. My next cam will feature that. You can also purchase a Y-splitter so you can power both the modem and the camera simultaneously with the external battery pack/solar unit.

The modem retails for 199 last I checked. You can run any moultrie camera from 2015-on.

I have a modem out now, here's a pic from a couple days ago.

15-Mar-17
Good to know......I'm thinking the panoramic camera and modem would be the cats ass

15-Mar-17
Cas, I was never able to get my Panoramic to work with Moultrie Mobile. Every other Moultrie cam connected fine. I reported the issue to Moultrie and they had no reports of that happening with anyone else so maybe it was just a fluke with mine. And that was after upgrading the firmware. I'm going to try again this spring with a different Panoramic unit.

• Sitka Gear