drycreek 20-Sep-16
sagittarius 21-Sep-16
scentman 21-Sep-16
gebada22 22-Sep-16
Fuzzy 22-Sep-16
nutritionist 22-Sep-16
Ohio Brad 22-Sep-16
20-Sep-16
Guys, I live in West Michigan and I have several plots I put in one month ago. They are coming in great, but the deer are really hitting them hard. I have to believe this will significantly affect the growth. What do you do to avoid this to maximize growth? Thanks.

20-Sep-16
Go to your local barbershop and get hair clippings, and spread it aroud your plot the scent lasr up to a month. jeff

20-Sep-16
this late in the game you should let them at it, after all you planted it to draw them there. I cant believe you have much growing time left. If you chase them away your neighbor will be happy

20-Sep-16
I agree on the timing, not much growing left in MI probably. Next year, if you don't want to spring for the fence, try milorganite. I put it out this past spring on my iron clay peas and the deer didn't touch them for about three weeks. Had a good crop !

21-Sep-16
+1 on the Milorganite. It should slow down the usage. However, if the deer are desperate for quality forage, they will keep hitting it hard.

21-Sep-16
chootem

22-Sep-16
I appreciate all the information and will change it up for next year. Thanks.

22-Sep-16
shoot them and drag them out

22-Sep-16
blood meal mixes with vegetable oil and attach on rags on wooden posts every 10-20 yards or use an electric fence.

22-Sep-16
I haven't tried almost everything you can imagine. Including soap,hair, aluminum pans, eggs, suffer, and the list goes on. The only product I found that actually worked very very well was a product called "deer out"

It's a liquid that you soak a cloth fence "horse fence" in it and then hang the horse fence on fiberglass stakes around your plot. It really did work for about 1-2 months then it needs resoaked to get the smell back. It stinks bad, somewhere between vomit and rotten eggs with a hint of garlic.

• Sitka Gear