spike78 23-Sep-16
Seabear 23-Sep-16
Ridge Runner 23-Sep-16
ohiohunter 24-Sep-16
spike78 24-Sep-16
CurveBow 26-Sep-16
bowriter 26-Sep-16
23-Sep-16
I am debating on going back to finger shooting and thought "what is Dan Fitzgerald shooting these days"? I looked him up and was not surprised to see him shooting a Mathews as 90% of the pros are now but what blew me away is that he is shooting a Halon. That is a 30" ATA bow, but maybe a little bigger with those huge cams. I also noticed Tim Wells is shooting a Mathews with around a 33"-34" ATA. I guess maybe you don't need a 37-40" ATA for fingers.

23-Sep-16
Comes down to the individual. I had a hoyt defiant that was 34" ata and could comfortably shoot it fingers. With that said I do think 34 is on the shorter end of things.

23-Sep-16
Same here no the old defiant. Those redline cams really did improve the angle though well beyond a standard 34"

23-Sep-16
My old finger bow used to be a Pearson Spoiler. I miss that bow, I shot it better with fingers then I do now with a release. The release just doesn't feel comfortable for me.

23-Sep-16
No problem...my son shoots a Hoyt carbon 34'' and I shoot a older Hoyt pro 38 and we always shot fingers. Neither ever shot a release. Shoot just fine so why change a thing....

23-Sep-16
Would like to go back to fingers too.Seems like I hardly never missed with fingers and was more confidant .It just seemed more easy to slip my hand out of my pocket and grap the string with my tab . Trying to get my release on the loop in a hurry has cost me more than one deer Got talked int o shooting a release by fellow bow hunters and a pro shop.Should have never listened What else is everyone who shoots with fingers shooting.Any of the newer bows with a reasonable price ?

24-Sep-16
When I do shoot fingers I feel like I hold 5x more solid vs floating the pin over the target using my release. Seems the increased point of contact increases stability which makes sense.

24-Sep-16
Ridge runner, after looking into it I came across a APA Mamba 39 and an Elite Victory. Both long ATA bows. Darting has one out there too but It doesn't look like they make them in camo only colors. I'm sure the 34" are fine with the bigger cams.

26-Sep-16
The short ATA bows also usually have LARGE cams on them. This helps with the finger pinch aspect. The olden bows that were MUCH longer, also had small diameter cams on them. So, the short bows are still short, but not as short as the ATA measurement if you measure from bottom of cam to the top of the top cam.

>>>>-------->

26-Sep-16
I never used a release, shot all lengths of bows with fingers, never had a problem.

• Sitka Gear