aandw's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

24-Sep-16
Beauty berry I believe

24-Sep-16
Yep, Beauty berry. Forrest

24-Sep-16
Thank you.

25-Sep-16
There was some browse on this bush. Can I picked the berries and plant near or in plots? How would I do this?

25-Sep-16
French mulberry, also known as American beauty berry. The berries are highly browsed by deer and the leaves and stems also when the plant is tender. The berries can be picked and dried out, thus harvesting the seeds to plant.

That was a quick google search using " American beauty berry as deer browse "

26-Sep-16
I don't want to question "Almighty Google" but I have a ton of this stuff on one of my properties and I've noticed very little if any use by deer. The song birds on the other hand can't seem to get enough of the berries. On this particular property which is 240 acres I have 3 1/2 acres in food plots and plenty of hard and soft mass so there is plenty of food. In a area where food is more scarce the deer may browse it more heavily. If you're looking for something to plant around food plots that you can find in the wild look into persimmons trees. You can google all the info on how to harvest the seeds from the fruit and prepare it for planting. I then grow them in a pot in the backyard until they are 2-3 feet tall before transferring them.

• Sitka Gear