GregE 22-Oct-16
Oregoncritter 24-Oct-16
Mad Trapper 25-Oct-16
Paul@thefort 25-Oct-16
Oregoncritter 27-Oct-16
19-Oct-16

Oregoncritter's embedded Photo
It's been a while since I've done any posting on-line. I guess work, kids, sports all catch up to you in time. Unfortunately I tore my Achilles Tendon on the last day of school last year playing in a staff vs. 8th grade basketball game. Yep, that would be the last time I will ever play:) Anyway, my only initial concern was not being able to archery hunt here in Oregon come September. Well, after doing a ton of PT work and being a fairly stubborn person I was able to hobble around enough to find a few bulls. First weekend of the season we had a couple very close encounters and ended up calling in a small five that my father in law killed. Second weekend, bulls were talking away and we called in a few more and one of my best friends killed a nice 5. Third weekend, first opportunity I had to hunt by myself, I got a bull going, kept moving on him and ended up shooting him at about 6 yds. 4th weekend the only one left with a tag was my wife. She is not very picky when it comes to archery elk, had a big bull going and this little spike came running in and she arrowed it for her second bull in two years. I felt very fortunate to even be able to hunt this year, calling in several bulls with great friends and family just made the year even better. I even got to visit with Blacktail Bob and Tom. Congrats to all on your season!

19-Oct-16
Congrats on the whole season and a great bull! Nice mass on that bull.

The Oregon coast is such a challenging place to hunt and kill elk for so many reasons: the terrain, the jungle, the weather, the secretive elk, the pressure... I was so lucky to get one and after what I went through, I doubt I'll ever go back even though I'd like to get a bigger one. My hat's off to those of you who hunt Oregon Roosy's year-in, year-out.

19-Oct-16

My Bull

19-Oct-16

My wifes bull

19-Oct-16
Great Year for you guys...well done!

Best of Luck, Jeff

19-Oct-16
Nice! That hunt is still on my bucket list....jealous!

19-Oct-16
Congrats you all had a good year!

19-Oct-16
Way to go Jody! Say hello to the killing machine, Sara! I also tore my Achilles years ago playing basketball and it was the last time I ever played. C

19-Oct-16
You always have got it done. Looks like nothing has changed! Congrats on a fine year. Hunt

19-Oct-16
Well done!! Great year!!!

I too, will never play in a game at school anymore. I had to coach HS baseball on crutches due to a broken leg from basketball at school.

19-Oct-16
Well done!! Great year!!!

I too, will never play in a game at school anymore. I had to coach HS baseball on crutches due to a broken leg from basketball at school.

20-Oct-16
Excellent and well done

20-Oct-16
I love Oregon. Great bulls and great people. Can't wait to get back there.

20-Oct-16
Nice work..weathers been rough lately in the great PNW

20-Oct-16
Not nearly as rough as they made it out to be... Heck, that was just another rain storm:)

20-Oct-16
Congratulations Jody... I have to get back up there. I need to do a Roosevelt elk / Albacore combo... Ed F

20-Oct-16
I can help you with a bull Ed, but you're own your own in the ocean..That is no place for this dude:)

20-Oct-16
Congrats Jody!

20-Oct-16
I'm just glad to see you posting on the forum again!! Congrats.....and tell your bride that I said "hello"!

21-Oct-16
Nicely done my friend !!!

21-Oct-16
A couple of elk slayers there! Nice!!

21-Oct-16
yeah critter according to them it was gonna be hurrican sandy in the NW ,,,,swing and a miss weather people BUT better safe then sorry

22-Oct-16
You did well!!

I ruptured my R Achilles 20 years ago playing softball ( # 1 sports injury cause ) The surgery fixed it fine but I found out recently I've been compensating and not using that leg as much as the left. This resulted in decreased muscle mass in my right calf.

Stick with your PT program on your own and keep active with both legs- love to see some more pictures. :) G

24-Oct-16
Thanks Guys, I just started running again... Should be good to go here before long. Actually canceled an elk hunt in Idaho this year because I didn't want to have to pack one out. Instead, I stayed home and have been packing deer for my daughter and wife:) I will say this, I've always thought those Trekking poles were a little silly.. However, I did pick some up because I new I was going to struggle with a bunch of weight on my back this year. Those things are awesome and I feel like a fool for not using them the last 20 years!!

25-Oct-16
Partially tore my Achilles Tendon on a goat hunt a few years ago. It eventually healed with no surgery involved. I strech them religoiusly now, but I definitely have permanent damage to that calf.

25-Oct-16
4 for 4 bulls, that has to be a world record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice. my best, Paul

27-Oct-16

This was the first time I put weight on my back. Felt great..

• Sitka Gear