Bowriter 24-Oct-16
APauls 24-Oct-16
DeanMan 24-Oct-16
Teeton 24-Oct-16
IAHUNTER 24-Oct-16
Quailhunter 24-Oct-16
Ben 24-Oct-16
20-Oct-16
I'm gathering my gear for my annual Wisconsin bluff country bowhunt. I usually do all day sits and always have some snacks as well as a sandwich in my pack. Anybody got any suggestions? I recently tried the belvita breakfast snacks and they are great.

20-Oct-16
Dehydrated apples in a zip lock baggie! Quiet snack!

20-Oct-16
I just peel the bark off the tree...not real tasty, but keeps the survivalist in me alive.

20-Oct-16
I cut up power bars and put in zip lock and also have some sort of nut, Gatorade and water. Protein is the key and a snickers always works too.

20-Oct-16
I challenge anyone to top the snickers peanut butter snack size bars. Not the original snickers. The Kit Kat would be next.

20-Oct-16

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
These... ^^^

Peanuts/almonds, sliced apples and every now and then a couple slices of pizza. :)

20-Oct-16
Rick got it right! Instant energy - they can warm u up when u get that chill.

20-Oct-16
To follow up on LBshooter's post, CUT THE LABELS OFF the Gatorade bottles, they are very noisy! I carry them as well along with some water in a Nalgene bottle. I always have a peanut butter sandwich and then some smoked almonds with craisins mixed together is my standby snack. Also, pepperoni sticks and string cheese. TODDY

20-Oct-16
I bring a small baggie of almonds and peanuts with me. I also make up a bunch of dehydrated apples with a little sugar, cinnamon and clove on them. They are tasty, and they don't make me crash like candy bars do.

20-Oct-16
Gorp - My go-torecipe is equal parts raisins, plain M&M's, and salted peanuts.

20-Oct-16
Like Scott I eat the Mint Choc Cliff bar. Only downside is they get pretty firm when its real cold. I've got some long term stomach issues so I keep most of my eating/snacking to a minimum. These new water bottles are so thin and noisy I stick with Gatorade most of the time now.

20-Oct-16
i like to energy bite recipes off the internet, you can make them as healty or unhealthy as you want, easy to make, package them to the size you want in little ziplocks. i freeze them and just grab a pack in the morning.

man some hot liquid of any kind in a thermos is amazing on those long days. lots of good thermos out there in different sizes

20-Oct-16
for store bought stuff, i am becoming a big fan of RX bars and always like Pro Bars too - both very filling and pretty healthy

20-Oct-16
My kid's Halloween candy starting in November! They'll never catch me! Until then I mix strips of jerky and almonds. The PB Snickers is the bomb. I dress up and ring the doorbell if I find a house giving those out!

20-Oct-16
Jerky and water. Then more jerky.

20-Oct-16
Honey and bacon samiches:) Power Bars, beef Jerky, peperoni, snack crackers are filling, but not much nutritional value. I am allergic to all nuts and peanut butter- so that's out for me GRRRRR!

Scar.

20-Oct-16
All day sits, Peanut butter, nanner and honey sandwhich, cliff bars, jerky, PB snickers or regular, protein bars made of cashews, PB and dark chocolate. I also bring a couple Propel Water and a small bottle of milk. I do not bring all of this on one sit but a couple of them each day for some variety. Shawn

20-Oct-16
Usually just jerky, candy and Diet Dr. Pepper for me. I like the bigger bags of the bite size candies, so I can open the bag in my pack, and just reach in for munchies as I sit. I love candy, so pretty much anything can be in my pack in November, butterfingers and hersheys bars are a favorite, but pretty much anything with chocolate will find it's way into my pack at some point.

I'm going to try taking croissants this year, if I can keep them unsquished. Maybe sourdough bread too. I love bread

In my college years I bragged that I would lose 10-15 lbs in November, and another 10 lbs over Christmas break, because I hunted all the time and never ate.

Now I'm pretty sure I gain weight from all the candy and snacky stuff I eat in the stand.

20-Oct-16
Bake... me too! That's why I'm getting a gym membership for the winter months. :)

Brotsy... LOL! Hey, kid... you have a beard. No candy for you!

20-Oct-16
I crack/spit/eat a ridiculous amount of sunflower seeds during hunting season. Mostly out of a tasty habit than actual nutrition.

20-Oct-16
I usually bring apples, granola bars, peanuts/almonds, and water......maybe a PB&J sometimes too.

I purchased some chocolate covered coffee beans last year to take in the stand......they were pretty damn good and seemed to give me some "pep" at about 2 pm!

20-Oct-16
For all day sits in my stand I take a thermos of soup, water bottle with iced tea, pack of crackers and snickers or trailmix

20-Oct-16
I have been steeling my kids Lunchables, ham and cheese and two Oreo's , and a juice box.

20-Oct-16
At least a sixpack of apples...that's not bait officer, it is the biodegradable waste from my treestand snack.

21-Oct-16
Mixture of unsalted peanuts, raisins and M&M's

21-Oct-16
I generally try to put on about 20-30 lbs in October. That way I don't have to worry about bringing any snackswith me, plus that's one less layer of clothing I have to pack;>}

Bite size candy bars and a thermos of hot chocolate or soup. Plus, the hot cup keeps my texting finger warm.

21-Oct-16
Food Thermos, and deer stew. Past that I eat a lot of granola bars in hunting season. I've really enjoyed dehydrated mangos as well.

21-Oct-16
I have never brought a thermos of soup.....that sounds like a good idea!! The snickers crispers are awesome too!!

21-Oct-16
Fresh, raw venison...

21-Oct-16
I have never brought a thermos of soup.....that sounds like a good idea!! The snickers crispers are awesome too!!

21-Oct-16
I go with cylindrical snacks, deer sticks, baby carrots, string cheese and anything in a water bottle.

21-Oct-16
3 Cliff bars. I spread out eating times evenly, like every 3 hours or so. It helps you pass the time during the slow part of the day when you're looking forward to your next snack. I normally mix up the flavors for each one for variety during the day, and always make sure to take them out of their noisy wrappers and put them in ziplock bags beforehand.

21-Oct-16
apple, nuts, granola bar, crackers, candy bar, and 24 oz diet Pepsi to keep me awake. Sometimes a bottle of 100% juice. With this I go dawn to dusk and I am looking forward to getting home for dinner. I eat a can of tuna in a package of Ramon noodles for breakfast which has to have 2,000 calories so I am not hungry until about 1.

21-Oct-16
I just bought some Core Power protein shakes to give a try on a few all day sits. 18 grams of protein in a 8 ounce bottle, I figure that a cliff bar and some jerky with a bottle of propel water will get me through a day on stand, oh and maybe a snickers bar or 3 :) Shawn

21-Oct-16
My homemade jerky and mixed nuts. Maybe a couple of protein bars.

21-Oct-16
Peanut butter/bacon sandwiches and a couple of candy bars and I'm good to go

21-Oct-16

21-Oct-16
I try not to eat while out in the field....keeping scent to a minimum. I will take a thermos of hot water.

21-Oct-16
Dehydrated mango's are my favorite. that with some almonds or cashews gets me through.

Sometimes when we are out of the Mango's and/or nuts, a half stick of pepperoni fills the gut nicely. God Bless men

22-Oct-16
I use to grab an apple or two from my orchard on the way to stand... bout half hour later i'd have to climb down and (eheh) find some leaves, never failed. Now i take peanut butter on a hamburger bun and chocolate covered cranberries my wife gets at wallymart.

24-Oct-16

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Look closely over the passenger side cab. See the stand? This was three days ago.
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Look closely over the passenger side cab. See the stand? This was three days ago.
I only sat all day one time, years ago and never again. Now, sitting in three different stands during the day, yes, I might do that. However, I can't recall the last time I sat over four hours. I just don't have to. Therefore, I carry a water bottle. Nothing to eat.

I hunt light. I carry a small pack with the tools for a clean and comeplete field dressing, a water bottle and that is it. If I can't get it in my pockets, I don't need it. Of course, I am seldom more than 200-yards from the truck.

24-Oct-16
My stove is so small and light I was thinking of doing Mountain House in the tree this year.

24-Oct-16
Chocolate chip cliff bars

24-Oct-16
Apauls, do u really have to do everything I do. :)

I have done ramen noodles with my stove from my treestand a few cold times. That's one time you hope a deer doesn't come in.

It's kind of a tradition for me to take a couple pairs. Candy bars as guys have said above and 5 hour energy help me when I start to doze off.

24-Oct-16
Bacon, bologna sandwich, Pepsi, hot chocolate, chips or summer sausage. Anything easy really, I usually hunt all day in November too. Also, carry a small FM/AM radio and have one ear bud in listening to football or talk radio to help break up the day. You are in God's country up there! Good luck!

24-Oct-16
Had a big buck run by two years ago while eating a honey crisp apple. That's my go to snack.

24-Oct-16
If I eat Cliff bars the deer could sent me from a mile away!

• Sitka Gear