Candor 23-Oct-16
WV Mountaineer 23-Oct-16
Zack 23-Oct-16
LBshooter 24-Oct-16
Davy C 25-Oct-16
JRW 25-Oct-16
wild1 27-Oct-16
20-Oct-16
Since I didn't get much response to my inquiry about the Atomic beam I will ask what everyone is using for blood trailing. Please don't respond "Coleman Lantern" I have on of those. I am interested in flashlights.

20-Oct-16
Bloodtrail? I thought all animals fall in sight???

JK I use headlamps exclusively. Running a Petzl right now with like 80 lumens or something.

20-Oct-16
Just got the Stanley Fat Max which is a small spotlight (I know not a flashlight) that throws out 2200 lumens. Thing is incredible for the size as it fits easily in small backback - can shoot a light out 100+ yards. Has 2 modes (high and low).

20-Oct-16
A few years ago I got a new hand held light. It's daytime! It's from "Coast" who is sold at Lowes and possibly other home stores. It's an aluminum light, and freakishly bright with an adjustable beam so you get a focused beam or more of a broad flood. I use it with the flood.

I do still use a head lamp at the same time (I carry two, an old browning I like due to it having a "red" beam option and another, also a Coast, which I bought for fishing for it's insane brightness, but carry hunting for a spare). Any way, I got into that habit so that, if I needed to use both hands for some reason while trailing, I could.

But, if I could only have one light... that Coast flashlight would be it. Maybe 6" long, light, sturdy and again, it's like daytime when that thing is on! It's about 40 bucks.

20-Oct-16
The Zebra light works well for me. If you don't want to use it as a headlamp you just take it out of its holder and use it like a regular flashlight.

20-Oct-16
Coleman later bar none, a piece of foil to keep it out of your eyes and reflecting towards the front. If you have to trail in the dark and it is a tough blood trail they cannot be beat. Also great for gutting once you find your animal. Shawn

20-Oct-16
Coleman later bar none, a piece of foil to keep it out of your eyes and reflecting towards the front. If you have to trail in the dark and it is a tough blood trail they cannot be beat. Also great for gutting once you find your animal. Shawn

20-Oct-16

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I carry a Streamlight in my truck as well as a Browning in my pack, but my main bloodtrailing asset is this:

Ssshhh, he's resting up right now.

20-Oct-16
The company that makes the Atomic Beam also makes several other brand names for the same identical light. Mine is the Bell&Howell version of the same light. I love it. Only difference is the name printed on the side.

I haven't tried it for blood trailing but it is well worth the $19.95 you pay for it. Plus, you get the second one free if you find the right deal.

21-Oct-16
I use a Browning with the multi color spectrum . Almost as good as the Coleman lantern. Blood doesn't glow quite as bright but almost.

21-Oct-16
I use a simple sreamlight stylus pro. 90 lumens I believe. Two AAA batteries and its small enough to fit In a pocket. My buddies have bought a few different kinds that have a "white" light...but...they don't show the blood nearly as well. I buy about 5 of these every year and hand them out as gifts.

21-Oct-16
Surefire

21-Oct-16
I love the fenix line of flashlights. The PD 35 is great!

21-Oct-16
PowerTac E5, 950 lumens. Awesome flashlight!!!

21-Oct-16
Truenite or coast headlamp. The coast has 300 lumens and an adjustable spot beam. It is really bright. However, the Trunite is insane. It is 750 lumens with a beam that illuminates everything from your feet to both your sides. It also throws a concentrated light beam about 300 yards. All at the same time. It really is that bright. God Bless

22-Oct-16

Greg Kush's Link
I use the Fenix PD32. Unbelievable flashlight in such a compact size.

22-Oct-16
surefire. small and very powerful

22-Oct-16
I use a petzl headlamp and a fenix hand held, its been a while since i've needed to use them though, used coleman lanterns back in the day before cheap good quality flashlights where available.

23-Oct-16
Any suggestions that meet the following criteria:

1) Uniform beam when on flood (not brighter and dimmer parts of the radius that make your eyes work harder)

2) Zoomable beam so you can zero it down to look farther ahead and then back to flood on the ground

3) Not ultra white light

4) AA batteries

23-Oct-16
Coast 7 or 8 has zoom options. And a dimmer switch. The 7 is 300 lumens at max. The 8 is 750 lumens at max.

Honestly, the trunight is just as good even though the spot is fixed, And, I own both brands. God Bless.

23-Oct-16
Believe it or not the best tracking light I have used is my Ryobi 18 volt with the krypton bulb, it's bright and shows up blood great! and the large 18 volt lithium lasts all night! I have tried a few blood tracker lights and hated them. Also hate any LED lights I have tried.

24-Oct-16
Guys, a non hunting buddy of mine stopped by as I was leaving out the drive to go hunt and gave me one of those tac lights sold on TV. It is a fantastic light and especially for 20 bucks, actually 10 considering you get two lights. The flood light will make tracking a breeze, it puts out an amazing pattern and has high,low, strobe, sos and zoom. The only unanswered question is, is its durability and longevity. As a first use tonight and overall quality is an A+, so if you all are thinking about buying one I would say do it.

25-Oct-16
lots of bright cheap lights out today. I have and use a lot of them....if you want the top of the line performance in terms of lumens vs size you still have to pay some dough.

if you want like 800 lumens in a small tactical light suitable for mounting on a weapon you are going to pay a little more.

25-Oct-16
I went with a Coast PX1. At 315 lumens there are brighter light out their but I think it was a good compromise between size (small enough It takes up little space or weight in my pack) and cheap enough ($20 so if I loose it I won't cry) and bright enough that it fills the gap for an easy trail. If I need more light I am firing up the coleman gas lantern. I also like that it runs on 3 AA, which is what most of my other stuff works on.

25-Oct-16

JRW's embedded Photo
JRW's embedded Photo
Peak LED spotlights that run on 4 AA batteries. About $15.00 each.

I picked up a few of these two years ago. They are amazing and throw a very bright beam far through the woods and I can fit one in my coat pocket. I can light up the houses two blocks behind mine with one.

27-Oct-16
Surefire + Petzl = no lost animals.

• Sitka Gear