LBshooter 26-Oct-16
Mad Trapper 26-Oct-16
Saxton 26-Oct-16
sdbowhunter 08-Nov-16
sdbowhunter 08-Nov-16
21-Oct-16

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
So how many other hunters will have an occasional encounter with tweety birds, (chickadees, nuthatches, creepers) that climb into your tree maybe even join you on stand or land on your broadhead or arrow??

I do sometimes have them come by in a small flock just before the deer show up. Maybe they follow along to catch insects the deer disturb??

21-Oct-16
When they land on your arrow it's a good sign you are keeping movement to a minimum! So many great things "happen" while on stand! Good luck!

21-Oct-16
They don't stay on the broadhead too long. Great to see their reaction, almost a ouch, when they do that...

21-Oct-16
Its happens a lot , they are every where , have you ever had a hawk near take off your hat or face ? One yr it occurred 7 times , just cant get used to something almost impacting your face .

21-Oct-16
Was thinking this on stand this morning as a nut hatch landed about 4 feet away. Very cool to have those encounters. I've had a few land on my shoulder while hunting deer and one landed on my knee (a robin) while turkey hunting - that one about scared the poo out of me... but I held it together and it was really cool to see him look my eyes over :)

21-Oct-16
I had a flying squirrel climb around my tree and ended up about 2 feet from my head for about a minute a few years back. He hung around for several minutes. They are not very common here. Very cool encounter! Also had a fox squirrel jump onto my shoulder once. Not sure who it scared the most crap out of, him or me!

21-Oct-16
Today it was two red wasps that invaded my bow blind. One was this morning while it was cool. Pretty easy to kill him. The other was this afternoon and he was a little more fiesty, but he died a violent death. That was ALL I KILLED TODAY. Always tomorrow........

21-Oct-16
I had a small bird land on my foot last weekend. It gave me the eyeball and fluttered away.. Had a fox squirrel inch up to me one time on the side of my tree. I could hear him getting closer until he was a foot or so from my head. I suddenly jumped at him and said "blah" !! He jumped right out of the tree at 20' up and hit the ground running...I about tested my harness laughing so hard!

22-Oct-16
I was almost asleep in a natural ground blind when a deer came up to the blind. The deer was seriously about to step on my foot as it walked almost through the piled up brush that made the blind. I have had mice and a chipmunk walk across my feet in similar situations, mostly in ultra remote spots I had to take a canoe to get to.

22-Oct-16
"So how many other hunters will have an occasional encounter with tweety birds,"

Hundreds of thousands of hunters experience this phenomena. It not exactly "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in terms of rarity!

22-Oct-16
Observing nature and actually becoming one with nature is all part of the memory and experience if ya ask me...

22-Oct-16
Bou'bound ever have anything positive to add to ANY thread ?

22-Oct-16
R-Man, Your the only other person I have heard that happen to. 2 years ago I had a hawk knock my camo baseball cap right ogg my head. Nearly pushed me off my stand. Crazy stuff happens.

22-Oct-16
Hammer, i thought the same. Far as i can tell, only when hes responding to one of the few ppl here that seem to be "in" his special ring of folk. Then hes as charming as can be....

22-Oct-16
Hammer there was that thread back in July 1999 so the answer is yes.

22-Oct-16
Had several squirrels near me and a hawk came zooming through twice to try to snag one. the second time was 10 minutes after the first and I nearly had to duck out of the way- good thing I was watching for it.

22-Oct-16
Once had a small bird land on my arrow when bow was in my lap on the stand.

22-Oct-16
Plenty of different birds that I enjoy, but my favorite was a young pine marten that couldn't quite figure out what that strange looking thing hanging on the side of the tree was. Fortunately, he didn't decide to take a chunk out of me when we had a nose-to nose encounter. ;-)

22-Oct-16
My favorite is the Hawks and owls... The land and look around and then jump out of their skin when you moved in they realize you were there

22-Oct-16
I had a kestrel(sparrow hawk)land on my quiver one time.Also been buzzed a couple times by larger hawks;that is not fun.

22-Oct-16
I've had chickadees land on my broadhead, bow and hat all at once. Bow was across my lap (as always). Had a gray squirrel jump on my lap while gun hunting w/orange on. Hawk almost took my face off, but I jumped and he swerved at about 3'. Had mice run over my foot. Also had a fisher stop at no more than 5' from me in my guillie, looking at me trying to figure out what I was. Some of my best hunts didn't include deer.

22-Oct-16
Had a squirrel fall from 30 feet above hitting the arrow on my bow this past Wednesday. Knocked it clear out of the whisker biscuit. It took 5 minutes for the squirrel to recover.

24-Oct-16
I have a bomber cap with grey wool inside of it. When I have the ear flaps up and fastened over the top it must look like something tasty to raptors. I've had a number of hawks and owls come screaming at me only to pull up at the last moment. You never get used to that, adrenaline bursts every time.

24-Oct-16
One of my most favorite things about bowhunting is the encounters we have in the woods with all the fauna we share creation with. The birds, the small mammals, and everything else in the woods. We are only visitors but it feels like home to me.

24-Oct-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16

24-Oct-16
Nice pics Paul. I once had a couple dozen doves land in the small cedar my treestand was in. I stood up to look at them and they all took off at once. Between standing up and them leaving the tree, they made it sway so much that I almost fell out of the tree (was tied in). It also scared the chit out of me too. That many doves taking off a few feet above your head is louder than you'd think.

24-Oct-16
On an elk hunt in NM. I had quite a few hummingbirds come in an stare at my colored nocks like they were flowers.

X2 on the pics

24-Oct-16
Once, sitting on a rock ledge in Co., I had a chipmunk crawl out from under and scamper up on the rock with me. He paused, then went right back to wherever he came from, but he left a liitle bitty wet spot behind. How many ever seen a chipmunk pee ?

Betcha not hundreds of thousands !

24-Oct-16
When I was in high school I was kneeling on a pocket gopher mound in a fenceline waiting for something to come down the fenceline to me. All of the sudden the ground under one knee started moving like something was pushing against it. It was the pocket gopher coming out of his tunnel and pushing the dirt plug out. I moved my knee and just watched him. Saw a nice buck later skylined against the sunset at the top of the hill and coming down toward me along the fenceline. It was a spectacular image, but he disappeared somewhere after he came over the top of the hill and never came past me.

25-Oct-16
I had a skunk to walk up and smell of my boot one time. he came up on my deaf side. by the time I heard it, it was too close for me to move and not get sprayed so I stood still. it sniffed of my new boots, looked up at me then turned around and walked back the way he came. I went the other way. I thought it was strange it didn't stink but a trapper friend told me that they don't stink if they haven't sprayed anything for several days/weeks.

25-Oct-16

otcWill's embedded Photo
otcWill's embedded Photo
Humming bird trying to feed on my fletchings this past Aug

26-Oct-16
Had a retail land about 3 feet from me on a branch facing away from me. Watched him scan the field for a mouse or whatever he could cat hand then he took flight after about a five minute sit, very cool.

26-Oct-16
I enjoy the tweety birds, but have not seen many this year. With the raptors, ferral cats, and now fishers, I think that they are getting decimated.

26-Oct-16
I always called them "deer Birds". I seem to always see them while hunting deer and when they are around I am not seeing any deer.

08-Nov-16

sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
Had this pheasant almost seem to try it tonight

08-Nov-16

sdbowhunter's Link
http://vid39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/jtrtmt/Mobile%20Uploads/VID_20161108_171633367_zpswhb2y8ry.mp4

• Sitka Gear