Jakeemt 06-Nov-16
Brotsky 12-Dec-16
Drahthaar 12-Dec-16
MichaelArnette 12-Dec-16
Duke 12-Dec-16
22-Oct-16

Brotsky's MOBILE embedded Photo

Well Half Pint and I were finally able to get out in the tree stand this morning for her first hunt of the season. She's been practicing hard all summer long! I've really been impressed with how she's improved in the last 6 months.

22-Oct-16
Great picture. The smiles tell it all...everyone is happy she got mom's genes.

Fun stuff. Have a great season. Short bloodtrails.

22-Oct-16

It wasn't long into our sit and we had a small buck approaching our stand. He was coming from a bad direction though and I felt he would wind us. Sure enough, about 50 yards out he caught our scent and bounded away. Half Pint and I had been so focused on the little buck we had failed to notice 2 doe and a fawn that had snuck in behind us. One of them was a giant old donkey, dry with no fawn. HP slowly repositioned herself in the stand and waited for the doe to move into range. The doe walked behind the stand at 17 yards and Half Pint's arrow was on the way! I heard the arrow find its mark but couldn't see the impact behind the tree. Turns out I didn't need to! She had made a great shot!

22-Oct-16

All of the heart ache and challenges she's faced these past two seasons were gone in the blink of an eye! She had killed an old matriarch of the switchgrass! Lots of hugs, smiles and a few tears followed! She finally achieved her first archery kill. She was her ever thankful and smiley self, but it didn't take long and she asked, "I still have a buck tag right?" Yes you do Half Pint! We're walking out the door now to see what we can do about filling that buck tag! Way to go Half Pint!

22-Oct-16
Alright!! Congratulations HP!!

22-Oct-16
That is terrific, huge doe.

Congrats to your daughter!

22-Oct-16
Absolutely fantastic. So happy for Half Pint and for you as well. Great job to the both of you. Cant wait to see her sittin behind a buck!!!!

22-Oct-16
Love it!

22-Oct-16
So cool! Half pint will need a new name soon! "Provider of family table fare" sounds good! Enjoy the ride! C

22-Oct-16
Awesome, congrats to her!

22-Oct-16
Love it! Congrats to you both..........

22-Oct-16

She wants to get the buck all by herself! Go Half Pint! Got her strapped in and I'm in stand about 200 yards away. Pretty sure I'm going to be texting her every 5 minutes to make sure she's okay. Let her grow up? No way!

22-Oct-16

22-Oct-16
Way to go HP. Congrats.

22-Oct-16
Very cool! Grats to both of you

22-Oct-16
Congrats! Now get after that buck.

22-Oct-16
Congrats HP! Great shot. I hope it's the first of many.....

22-Oct-16
Heck yeah! Way to go

22-Oct-16
Love to see this stuff! Great daddying!

22-Oct-16
Congrats! Awesome post!

22-Oct-16
Congratulations. Way to go now go get that first buck

22-Oct-16
Simply awesome! Congrats Half Pint and Dad!

22-Oct-16
Congrats HP ! Good shooting!

22-Oct-16
Alright!!!! Way to go HP!! Can't wait to see the buck pics!

22-Oct-16
Justin, way to go brother.

Congratulations to you both. GIRL POWER!!! Awesome, just plain awesome. Good luck on a buck Half Pint!!!

22-Oct-16
Any update for the evening buck hunt?

22-Oct-16
Sweet! Congrats to both of you!

22-Oct-16

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Just got back to town, no bucks tonight! She can hunt again in the morning and then again in two weeks before gymnastics season starts. I'll update again after the morning hunt! Another pic of her deer for good measure.

22-Oct-16
Brotsky and Half Pint, congrats to you both. Thanks for taking time to keep us updated.

22-Oct-16
Congrats to you both again!!! Nothing better then passing it on especially when it results in that smile!

22-Oct-16
You go girl!!!! Great job Dad...Hunting with my kids was a different love of hunting , special..the want bigger or more inches bla bla bla..never there.. simply the feeling of tring to .... hopefully,,get a deer in front of us.....it was a total circus ..... wouldn't trade those memories for a booner...good thread

22-Oct-16
Great ! Nothing like it ! Many more in her future I hope.

22-Oct-16
Congratulations Half Pint! That is a dandy doe! Looks like a job well done by both of you and good luck on going after a buck.

22-Oct-16
Awesome all around, great photos as well. Congrats

22-Oct-16
Congrats! Great job!

"texting her every 5 minutes to make sure she's okay" Are there boys in the trees? =D

22-Oct-16
That's fantastic!!! So excited for you guys! Hunt

22-Oct-16
Awesome man! Tell HP congrats!!!! God Bless brother

22-Oct-16
Awesome! Everybody's on cloud 9!

23-Oct-16
Sweet! Great job! Awesome shot too!

23-Oct-16
SWEET!

Congrats!

23-Oct-16
Good for her

Nice bow set-up too

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

23-Oct-16
That thing looks like a cow elk!! Nice going! Hope she gets her buck

23-Oct-16
Way to go! Congrats. to both of you. Happy day that will be remembered a lifetime,

23-Oct-16
That's awesome. Good job Half Pint! Good job Dad on getting her out there. Memory you'll never forget.

23-Oct-16
Well no buck this morning either, pretty windy here on the northern plains. Half Pint had 4 does and a badger come by her stand. At least she say's it was a badger, and who am I to argue? We'll be back in a couple weeks to try again. Once the rut gets going I think we'll get her a crack at that buck!

23-Oct-16

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I guess the other half pint ran out. Ha!

23-Oct-16
Awesome

23-Oct-16
Congratulations on a really nice doe, HP! Kudos to you too, Brotsky! A memory you'll both cherish and remember for the rest of your days!

23-Oct-16
That's awesome, great job to both of you!

23-Oct-16
Thank you for all the kind words gentlemen. Half Pint read through them all tonight before heading to bed. Her smile was priceless. She loves the Bowsite as much as we do. We'll bring this one back up in a couple weeks for her next and last chance of the season! Thanks again all!

23-Oct-16
Congrats HP!!! Those old matriarch does are tough!!!

Brotsky...keep up the A+++ parenting...well done!!!

Mark

24-Oct-16
Very fun read!! I'm smiling with you both!! :) G

24-Oct-16
What kind of bow she is shooting. My daughter is old enough now and looking to get her a bow.

24-Oct-16
Awesome! That is definitely and old doe. What an awesome trophy and experience. Congrats to dad and Half Pint!!!!!

24-Oct-16
"What kind of bow she is shooting?"

Sage, she shoots a Bear Apprentice III. Her draw weight is set right at 40 pounds with a 23" draw length. She's shooting 26" Easton FMJ 500's tipped with 100 gr Slick Trick standards. She blew through that old doe with no problem at all. The Bear has dual static yokes as well so tuning is a breeze!

P.S. She wants a Hoyt Carbon Spyder FX for Christmas...I think she's ready for that jump but my wallet isn't! You dad's know though that your girl's usually get their way!

24-Oct-16
Cool deal!! Congrats to her on a job well done!

24-Oct-16
Congrats! Great shot placement too!

24-Oct-16
Congrats and awesome job to both of you! I have a wife, son and daughter who all enjoy hunting and shooting bows. Yes, the equipment can become expensive but all the memories are absolutely priceless!

24-Oct-16
Congrats to her! Great shot!

25-Oct-16
Very cool, congrats to both of you! Good luck on the buck Half Pint!

28-Oct-16
She shoots she scores, her cheeks are sore from smiling. way to go young lady! I cant stop smiling either after a great hunt. Great job to dad as well.

28-Oct-16
Awesome, Congrats to her and thanks for passing it on!

31-Oct-16

Brotsky's Link
For those of you who are on Facebook, looks like Half Pint is getting famous! Poster child! A great page to follow too by the way if you are a hunter. She's going to freak out when she see's this. Ha!

31-Oct-16
Proud papa and daughter. congrats.jeff

05-Nov-16

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Thought I'd drop a quick update to half pint's season. Unfortunately her bow season is over for 2016 due to her activities at school. I thought she could get out this weekend but her debate tournament was moved to today so she had to stay home. Instead of the half Pint archer, she will now be the half pint debater and gymnast until her trip to California for turkeys in March! She did make the semi's in debate today but she said she'd rather be shooting bucks!

05-Nov-16
Excellent work! I just hope in march I don't have to debate with her which longboard she should shoot.... she'll prob win

06-Nov-16
Pretty cool! Congrats kiddo!

06-Nov-16
Dude that's awesome!!

12-Dec-16

Brotsky's Link
We did a story and write up of half pint's harvest for a new kid's/beginner's hunting website that just recently launched. Check it out! Pretty neat site for kids and new hunters to share their stories!

12-Dec-16
Congratulations too both of you, her smile says it all. AWESOME. Forrest

12-Dec-16
This.Is.Awesome.

12-Dec-16
Very cool! Congratulations to Half Pint and a "Great Job!" to you! Merry Christmas!

• Sitka Gear