Matte 24-Oct-16
tradmt 24-Oct-16
Ermine 24-Oct-16
TD 24-Oct-16
LINK 24-Oct-16
midwest 24-Oct-16
22-Oct-16

Jack Harris's Link
The new paintball? Oh - also, I have it on good authority that RAGE was consulted on the broadhead design for this.... The architect behind it wanted to insure there was no penetration.

22-Oct-16
Anybody know the FOC on those arrow and what sort of KE they are getting out of those bows and that setup? Definitely needs the proper spine.

23-Oct-16
I really don't find it amusing. The bow is a weapon for killing which has been converted to a peacetime accuracy or flight distance competitive tool. Paintball was a con job and this is even more insulting and mind numbing.

Sorry to sound so "superior" but I am sick of watching people "play" at war and killing. Get real

23-Oct-16
^^^ it sort of bothered me as well.

23-Oct-16
They contacted me a while back and asked about sponsorship here and whether I thought they'd do well on Bowsite. I told them it would not be a good way to spend their ad dollars. They thanked me and that was that!

23-Oct-16
Good Call Charlie. I'm glad Bowsite isn't involved with it. I wasn't bothered by it, I have 4 boys and they are shooting/playing war all day. Someone is getting "shot" around my house all the time:) It just looked lame to be honest.

23-Oct-16
I played a round with Joe Bell at the P&Y rendezvous this past summer and had an absolute blast.

It was fun, got you moving and took skill.

Best Regards,

Kevin

23-Oct-16
I feel sorry for those that can't differentiate between play and the real intent to kill.

We shouldn't have semi automatic rifles either I suppose when you consider their intended usage as a weapon of war.

Pour another latte and wrap ourselves in bubble wrap to protect us from ourselves.

23-Oct-16
Are you guys aware that 1 in 10 people in the US hunt or fish?

Ever looked at immigration trends? We are supposed to have 59 million people move into America by 2065, switching to mostly asian. How many of them will hunt or fish? I'd bet less than 1 in 10.

Hunting is a dying sport as "millienials" are more into watching their cell phone all day than anything else.

You guys should embrace ANYTHING that gets people out and shooting. They might take the next step and go hunt. We had a participation improvement with hunger games. We need ANYTHING that works, the alternative is hunting will be over.

23-Oct-16
Well, it probably hurts less than a paint ball lol. Why is it played in water? Why not play on land ? its like video games, it just dulls the senses of committing the act of shooting someone. Video games, paintball and now archery, and nowadays, we hear of one,two, or 45 people being shot and it's no more than a blip on the human conscience. We keep promoting the act of killing and some do it so often that one day they want to try it with a real weapon, ie. Columbine. When these things happen society has noone to blame but themselves.

23-Oct-16
Personally, It's a lame attempt at reinventing the wheel. An archer with bad habits get worse, just look at how they nock an arrow, for example. Also, it's a terrible example of warfare. Every one of those in the commercial would be easily killed in an actual war. No thanks, I'll stick to hunting animals with a bow and carrying a gun for protection from evil.

23-Oct-16
Looks like fun until the padded tip comes off accidentally. Someone might put an eye out.

23-Oct-16
Steven Goldsmith. my thoughts exactly. 2xxxxx

Grasshopper. "anything to get them into the out of doors". REALLY !

23-Oct-16
Yeah, now they will all want to go kill someone now that their sensibility has been destroyed. Give me a break.

Exactly how do you know this and how did you come to know this? And

23-Oct-16
"Someone might put an eye out."

That's what they said about my Red Rider BB gun.

This looks like a blast....I'm in!

23-Oct-16
I think it looks like a hoot!

24-Oct-16
I bet the leatherwall guys would kick a$$ at this!

24-Oct-16

LINK's embedded Photo
I'm not sure how to rotate pics in the new format.
LINK's embedded Photo
I'm not sure how to rotate pics in the new format.
Looks like a blast. In today's entertainment driven world things like Top Golf, Rednecks and Paychecks, I see absolutely no problem with this. Not much different than Nerf bows or guns or blistering my daughters with pillows in the living room. Ha Ha. Doesn't make me want to go kill someone. If you can't separate reality from fantasy then that's the problem, not video games, toy guns or bows. How many of you didn't grow up with a couple six shooters on your sides?

24-Oct-16
This was on Leatherwall probably two years ago, you would have thought it was the devil coming for archer souls the way they talked.

24-Oct-16
I am not sure why folks are all up in arms over this, what is the difference between this and paintball wars. I used to have bottle rocket wars with my buddies when I was a kid, this is far more tame. LOL

Looks like fun to me, I would do it as long as there is no risk of the foam tips coming off.

24-Oct-16
try anything once, twice if it doesn't hurt. oz

24-Oct-16
Looks fun! I fail to see a problem (Other than the tip coming off - but I'm sure in the sue-happy US they would have that covered)

24-Oct-16
I see no problem with it, heck of a lot better than video games. I am fairly confident that at least 99.99% of the population can still differentiate between war games and the actual brutality of combat. I did like the rage jab (pun intended) though.

24-Oct-16
Looks like fun. It should be a giant non-issue. You guys against paintball also....?

24-Oct-16
HAHA... Yes this is totally going to lead a person to be violent! What a freaking joke! It is amazing that so many of you would be so negative about this... Really the point is simple, this gets people outside and playing. My sister works for a huge business in Texas and at one of their professional development days (last fall) they had this as an optional activity. Despite the fact that I have shot for over 20 years, she never once had any interest, never picked up a bow.... Now there is a target in her back yard, she just just upgraded from an old Shakespeare re-curve to a custom bow. She shoots weekly. Since that ordeal she has also sent me about 15 emails asking questions about archery for her coworkers.

Sorry but I see nothing wrong with it. If you can not discern the difference between a game and real life you have much bigger problems than playing tag with a bow.

24-Oct-16
"Looks like fun until the padded tip comes off accidentally. Someone might put an eye out."

RIP Kevin Meaney

24-Oct-16
As a side note, my sister played on dry ground and the arrows were dipped in blue or red paint.

24-Oct-16
Paintball was the original sin.

24-Oct-16
I will weigh in on this as I have played Paintball Since 1989 and currently own an operate fields in Kansas as well as retail. Does paintball hurt is a question I get all the time and my reply is always "yes it does", and then I get so why do people play? My answer to that is the adrenaline that rushes through your veins, the senses you never use kick in to high gear and before you know it your heart is beating way to fast. Maybe this is what buck fever is to some as I have never really experienced it but the bottom line is, it is fun. Archery tag is fun and our local archery pro shop put in their own field to get kids introduced to shooting a bow. The paintball competitions that most see on TV is not really how paintball is played by 90% of all other players. Most fields you are playing in the woods or CQB Towns and are hunting your adversary with caution as you know if you screw up it is going to hurt a little. If any of you guys/gals are from the country and not near a metropolitan area you know most kids are already playing these games as it is something to do.

24-Oct-16
C'mon Matte! We all know these games make you a senseless killer that is going to open fire on a school bus any day now.

24-Oct-16
Looks like fun to me. Paintball is a blast! Even thou real guns are used to kill. I know the difference between killing and play

24-Oct-16
What's REALLY a danger to society is snowball fights......

Paintball? We used to use bb guns when we were kids.....(our "safety" factor was no shooting at heads, butts were the prize and funniest anyway) we all got a whippin' too when some candy azz ran home crying to his mom......

24-Oct-16
My cats know the difference in killing and playing! Sometimes they do kill to play though.

24-Oct-16
Childs play, TD. We had bottle rocket and roman candle wars. The bottle rockets with the plastic cone on the tip would leave one heck of a welt. There may have been alcohol involved.

• Sitka Gear