Bear Track 24-Oct-16
smarba 24-Oct-16
Rock 24-Oct-16
Bear Track 24-Oct-16
Drop Tine 25-Oct-16
22-Oct-16

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Jeannine and I went out today to set up her blind. She prefers them and a little heater when it's cold. My stand is further back and above.

22-Oct-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
It's like building a fort when we were kids!

22-Oct-16
I've brushed them in so much I couldn't find them in the dark in unfamiliar territory. Good job guys !

23-Oct-16
Nice looking. They will never know

23-Oct-16

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
How about this one on a Colorado Mule Deer Hunt. There really is a cloth pop-up Blind under all that brush and the 2 pictures are 2 different setups.

23-Oct-16
And nothing thought "that's the biggest clump of sage in the desert"!. That's a great job.

23-Oct-16
Rock those are two awesome blinds. Great job!

23-Oct-16
Great job on those brushing in jobs.. most guys are simply too damn lazy to take the time to do a good job...I was the master fort builder...as a kid ....we hated the early American settler's....we wanted to be the Indian's!!!!.as kids ,we shot bows,hunted birds,and pretended every stump was Custer..so 40 years later I love and enjoy the ability to fade myself into the background.... almost invisible, travel,see new lands,and send that arrow .....and i still wish it was Custer...hell yeah I love a good blind..!! I

23-Oct-16
Rock,

That blind looks like the furry little critter in Star Wars!! Nice job!!

23-Oct-16
I had never hunted WT deer from a tent blind until last week when I was mentoring a new archer for WT does but I knew the concept of blind hunting as I had done it for pronghorns, turkeys and geese.

We completely brushed in the blind to blend in with the surroundings like the pictures above and had deer walk right by without a notice of the blind. I am taking my blind to Nebraska next week and might try again after pattering the deer and the opportunity to use it come up. Brushing it in completely-- you bet.!

thanks for the thread. Paul

23-Oct-16

This is the blind Jeannine rifle hunts from. A natural snag of downed trees and a few cuttings every year is all we add to it.

23-Oct-16
Looking great Ron!!!

Good luck!

Mark

24-Oct-16
Why bother even having a popup inside the pile of brush? Just curious.

24-Oct-16
Scent control

24-Oct-16
Gotcha, thx.

No question that these hides are so well constructed as to be invisible.

What about just using a tarp or plastic to make the interior scent control, rather than placing a $300-440 popup in the middle? I thought the whole reason for using a popup was quick deployment?

I've constructed effective ground blinds every bit as serious as these pictured, using only natural materials, and hunted travel routes or waterholes without using a popup as a base structure. I'm not sure if including an inner popup structure would have made them any more effective than they were.

Just throwing out food for thought.

24-Oct-16

Rock's embedded Photo
Here is one that you do not need to brush in and nothing ever pays any attention to it.
Rock's embedded Photo
Here is one that you do not need to brush in and nothing ever pays any attention to it.
This is one that I use more every year now and it is nice not to have to brush them in.

24-Oct-16

We've sat in this one many times in November and for some reason, the Snow blind does not seem to spook them at all

25-Oct-16

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
My son took his bear out of this set up at 30 yards.

• Sitka Gear