Jaquomo 23-Oct-16
>>>---WW----> 24-Oct-16
APauls 24-Oct-16
CurveBow 24-Oct-16
Cheesehead Mike 24-Oct-16
greenmountain 24-Oct-16
c3 24-Oct-16
23-Oct-16
I use a Panasonic camera on many of my hunting trips and how considering purchasing a trail camera for my trip in January to Az.

Will the SD card I use for my Panasonic camera work in, all/some/most/none of the trail camera and vice- versa, so I do not have to purchase a trail camera SD card viewer? I do not have a I-phone.

23-Oct-16
they shoukd. I always format the card when it goes in the trail camera, just because.

23-Oct-16
Guys , anyone have a bushnell HD trail cam, having trouble getting it to play. Any info would be appreciated.

23-Oct-16
Sometimes you have to move the little 'lock' tab back and forth before reading. And sometimes you have to have it about 3/4 forward so it will read. Not sure why.

23-Oct-16
LB, I have eight of them, and two of them are doing the same thing. I have to jiggle the button as DanaC said.

23-Oct-16
Wapiti bob is correct.. formatting and cards to what ever device your using is paramount....

23-Oct-16
Thanks guys, good to know. I want to use my Panasonic camera as the trail camera SDcard reader.

my best , Paul

23-Oct-16
Some older digital cameras won't read the newer SDHC cards used in trail cams. My older Pentax camera is one of those. It only "sees" standard SD cards. Got an LG tablet at the ATT store on closeout for $1.00, a StealthCam mini-USB reader for $14 on Sportsmans Guide, and now have a wonderful reader that shows thumbnails or full size/zoom, quick and easy to manage, organize and delete. Golden.

I've never done any special formatting and I swap cards between cameras. What happens if you don't?

23-Oct-16
Only thing is I wouldn't leave a high capacity high speed card in the bush. Their expensive.

23-Oct-16
APauls, I couldn't believe how much the prices have come down on HC cards. I just bought some 16 Gig cards at Best Buy for $9.99 each.

24-Oct-16
Some trail cams have a reader already built in. I think Browning cams have that feature. Probably others as well. It pays to check them all out before you buy.

24-Oct-16
Jaq - I know! 8GB cards are like $5. In my "nice" camera I have a 64GB card, because it produces really nice video. I wouldn't be leaving that baby in a trail camera!!

24-Oct-16
I have a Nikon point & shoot and I use that to look over trail camera photos. I have Bushnell and Wildgame trail cameras. Never had an issue.

However, I also have tried to read the cards using my Nikon D7000 DSLR and that's a no-go at all. Not sure why, but that's the case.

>>>>-------->

24-Oct-16
Paul, I have a Panasonic Lumix that I use to look at my trail camera cards all the time and it works fine.

24-Oct-16
Look at the card speed. Larger file sizes like a speed class of six or faster.

24-Oct-16
I have to format the cards in my Panasonic camera first then use them in my trail camera's to be sure I can see the images on my GH4.

I have tried to look at many sd cards from others trail cams and the GH4 often will not allow me to see the images or is so slow scrolling through the images that it is unbearable.

My older Sanyo xacti, Canon T3i and G6 would see any image on virtually any sd card I put in them.

Just my $0.02 Cheers, Pete

• Sitka Gear