drycreek 24-Oct-16
IdyllwildArcher 24-Oct-16
Killbuck 26-Oct-16
Bear Track 26-Oct-16
Brotsky 26-Oct-16
writer 26-Oct-16
EmbryOklahoma 26-Oct-16
24-Oct-16
I was hunting deer on Sunday evening and saw a doe just staring at something as I was getting into my stand. Once I got settled there was a branch in the way and I could not see her so I just forgot about her. Heavy winds hopefully kept her from detecting me. A few hours later a buck come by walking like he did not have a care in the world. All of a sudden he tears out of there like his tail is on fire and runs by me and down a ridge. I am hoping that a huge buck had scared him but as I search the area I see a pillow shaped balloon made of reflective material dancing in the wind. That must have been what the doe was looking at and what scared the buck. Something you just can not control.

24-Oct-16
I've seen a few of those mylar ballooons in the woods. My guess is they get away from kids at birthday parties or such and then spring a leak. I've picked up two or three on my place alone.

24-Oct-16
I hate the things. The mountains I live in are downwind of the prevailing winds from Los Angeles and I see them hanging in the trees and hung up in the brush all the time. Most of them have a "Happy Birthday" message on them. IMO, nothing should have helium in it that doesn't dissolve rapidly when exposed to water. You're basically littering giving one of those to a kid.

26-Oct-16
A lot of weddings around here release them. Personally I think they should be fined for littering. I find several in the woods every year

26-Oct-16
It's like people littering.....it just goes "away"

26-Oct-16

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Maybe he saw what happened to George.

26-Oct-16
You know out in Kansas they release those balloons at most weddings....then the guests get to bust 'em as they float away with the handgun, rifle or shotgun of their choice.

26-Oct-16
My wife and myself were shed hunting on February 21st about two years ago. This day happens to be her birthday. We had been walking for and hour or so and came upon a metallic blue deflated balloon that was partially covered in leaves. She walked over and got it so we could throw it away. She turns around with it in her hands and says "can you believe this!" Balloon had "Happy Birthday" on it, in yellow cursive lettering. We got a good laugh out of it. :)

• Sitka Gear