Brotsky 25-Oct-16
Will 25-Oct-16
Titan_Bow 25-Oct-16
Charlie Rehor 25-Oct-16
Mpdh 25-Oct-16
camp comfort 25-Oct-16
IAHUNTER 26-Oct-16
24-Oct-16
Any suggestions on the best safety harness for sale out there?

25-Oct-16
I use Gorilla

but the best one is the one you consitently put on .

25-Oct-16
I use a Summit Pro. I like it better than the HS harness I had before.

In about 10 minutes somebody will chime in that you should use a rock climbing harness....8^)

25-Oct-16
their all designed to do the job. you have to pick the one you want. I wanted a certain one but that model didn't come in my size, they didn't consider someone of my size would use one I guess. go to a store that will let you try them on and pick the one you like. if you like it you will most likely use it.

25-Oct-16
I bought one at Menard it's darn near identical to Muddys. Most likely the same manufacturer and contracts out its production. Super light in weight.

25-Oct-16
Wife, daughter, and I all use HSS vests. Easy to put on and comfortable. Like TX Caz said, the best one is the one you wear, and we always wear ours.

25-Oct-16
I had an old muddy, just got a new one, but wish I'd seen the new summit's prior to purchasing... I may get one of those. This new muddy sort of pushes my neck forward which is no big deal but in a tree for a while starts to get annoying. Just how my body fits int he harness - overall it's easy to put on and use and light. I like it. the new summit just has a deeper V behind the neck and should reduce that.

some one said the best one is the one you will consistently use - that's very true.

25-Oct-16
I'm a cheap skate, lol. I bought a Petzl Rick climbing harness from REI for around 40 dollars. I really like it, it's comfortable, lightweight, and really easy to put on. I also like the fact I can take jackets or other upper layers on or off without worrying about taking off the harness while in the tree

25-Oct-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
The one you use!

25-Oct-16
A vest needs to have a length adjustment. Some brands don't and when it gets cold,and you start adding layers that's when they prevent you from sitting up straight. The only way to adjust the length is to make the leg straps way too loose. You can wear them under your outer layer, but if if your jacket has a hood now you won't be able to use it. MP

25-Oct-16
I just started using a rc harness, and love it! Try hanging in each one, you'll know witch one to pick! Be safe !

26-Oct-16
REI harnesses look interesting, but I was wondering how do you secure it to the tree?

• Sitka Gear