Bou'bound 01-Dec-16
writer 01-Dec-16
weekender21 02-Dec-16
DC 02-Dec-16
Chris S 10-Jan-17
24-Oct-16

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
She's Addison and she is nine. A year ago archery was her life. Then brain cancer came hard. It came fas. It is inoperable. Addison battled far longer than the medical community thought. But even the strongest, the happiest, against such a brutal, cruel enemy, eventually. So her parents hold her, and love her, wish they had more time and look for any signs of sunshine amid the darkest days of 100 lifetimes. That's where you guys come in. When he read about Addison on Facebook Ray Huff, "Turkulese" was in a tree, pulled a sharpie from his pocket and wrote a simple A for Addison on the arrow he'll first pull from his quiver all season. Addison's parents saw it and were lifted, at least for a while. I put an A on my lead arrow and, at least in spirit, I'll be taking Addison out west for mule deer, soon, then whitetails around home and fall turkeys. Think about this little girl, guys. She's a daughter. A granddaughter. The little girl who always waved to her neighbors. She lives in Kansas but it could be California or Connecticut. She's that kid with the smile and laugh that made the trip to the archery range worth the time, every time. Think about her parents. They're living through the worst nightmare any of us can imagine and, thankfully, most of us will never comprehend. So, anybody else willing to put a simple A on an arrow or vane? How many states can we add to the Arrows for Addison movement? How many species can taken with Addison's arrows in the next year? If we get a good enough showing I'll share it with her parents. When you're in your darkest days, the more tiny, slivers of sunshine you can find, the better.

24-Oct-16

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo

24-Oct-16
There will be an A on the go arrow in every quiver in our family. I cannot imagine the pain this family is enduring. Heart wrenching. The A will be on my arrows and Addison and her family will be in our prayers. God bless.

24-Oct-16
Just as soon as my vision clears a bit I'll write an A on my first arrow as well. Must be something in my eye.

God bless this beautiful girl, and her family and friends. I'll say a prayer and keep a good thought for them all.

24-Oct-16
I'm in. "A" on my arrow from WI.

25-Oct-16
Very sad indeed.

Thanks for the heads-up writer.

"A"--------------> done

Good luck, Robb

25-Oct-16

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Praying in Iowa this morning.

25-Oct-16

TURKEY STALKER's embedded Photo
TURKEY STALKER's embedded Photo
Praying this morning In MS.... As the father of a childhood cancer survivor I will say it was a tough 3 years and we were one of the lucky ones. There will be an A on every arrow in my quiver this fall. I will think of her and pray for her and her family often.

25-Oct-16

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
With a heavy heart for Addison's family! Prayers sent from Oklahoma

25-Oct-16

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
Of course, mine in Kansas.

25-Oct-16
x2 Ace...and I'm at work. Prayers go out to all. I have a son and daughter around that age and cannot imagine going through that. I'll put an "A" on my arrow and make sure it is facing in a way that when I am hunting and look at it, it will be a reminder to say a little prayer for Addison and her family. Sometimes we are consumed on this site with who is right, who is wrong, what is best, what is not, etc. and seeing this puts things into perspective. God Bless

25-Oct-16

25-Oct-16
There will be an "A" and an "M" on my lead arrow vanes for my upcoming Ohio hunt with Kelly Harris. The "M" for Morgan Harris beating childhood cancer

25-Oct-16
I am in from Missouri. While I will put an "A" on my arrows, my family will add her and her parents to our prayer list.

Can not imagine the emotions that the parents are feeling. Again, prayers.

25-Oct-16
Good post Writer!

I've lived it, comprehended it, cried to often about it!

There wI'll be an A on Michele's, Morgan's, and My arrows this season as well.

Cancer Sucks

25-Oct-16

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
I will. But, hope you are ok if it's a W. My little guy (also a Will, not a junior) is a brain cancer survivor. At 13 months he had a racket ball sized tumor removed from his brain. We are so fortunate to live close to amazing medical centers with Umass (where he had his initial surgery) and Dana Farber both within an hour of home. He got amazing care, went through horribly challenging treatments, and today is a 5 year old enjoying kindergarten. Here's a pic I love of Will and is sister Emily playing on a play ground near their gram's in St Paul MN last year on a summer vacation trip. He's hugely fortunate. WE are hugely fortunate.

I think about kids with cancer every day. "They" look at me every day. "They" tell me they love me every day. It never goes away - even when the "tests" say that it has... Horrible damn disease.

Ill send prayers to Addison's family and to her Bowriter.

25-Oct-16
done

wow what a thread

25-Oct-16
Done in Pennsylvania. I hope the support of the bowsite community can be a small ray of sunshine for Addison and her parents.

25-Oct-16
To Addison's parents

There is a community of people here that have hearts that reach out farther than the world can even imagine . As a father two two boys same age I worrie every day for their safe health, Be strong for she needs you more than anything, no words will ever heal the pain that your going through ...but just know that we are here along Addison's Side. With Addison on our minds, we hike the Montana mountains and prairie for Addison this year

God bless that sweet girl and look over her and her family

Melton family in Montana

25-Oct-16
Done Indiana

25-Oct-16
May arrows will have a "AC" on them as well. - A for Addison - With tears and prayers being lifted for her family. - C for Cameron (my 14 yr. old son) - 11-1/2 yr survivor of a brain tumor that was originally diagnosed as inoperable. We have been blessed.

25-Oct-16
Will do sir.

25-Oct-16
A's on arrow's.

May God protect Addison, and her family.

25-Oct-16

JacobNisley's embedded Photo
JacobNisley's embedded Photo
Done...I have a 10 month old daughter that had some heart issues early on but is in the clear now and I can't imagine what her parents (all cancer parents) are going through. I'll think and pray for Addison every time I nock my kill-arrow. This arrow has killed 2 does already this year so it's all ready to kill a buck for her. Prayers from PA.

25-Oct-16
Great stuff guys, the more friends you can get to kick in, and share the pic an arrow, the better. Not only does it help Addison's family, it reminds each of us to treasure every second we have with those we love.

25-Oct-16
Done. Prayers from Arizona.

25-Oct-16

Fletch's embedded Photo
Fletch's embedded Photo
Prayers from New Brunswick, Canada

25-Oct-16

Quailhunter's embedded Photo
Quailhunter's embedded Photo
Prayers from Oklahoma.

25-Oct-16
Done! Prayers being sent from Missouri!

25-Oct-16
Prayers sent for Little Will and Addison

26-Oct-16

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
All set for Ohio. "A" for Addison "M" for Morgan and "W" for Will. God bless.

26-Oct-16
Sweet stuff, Jack.

26-Oct-16

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Done .........

26-Oct-16
I will be putting an A on my arrows tomorrow. I hate cancer with a passion. May our prayers be a mountain that vanishes with our mustard seeds of faith.

26-Oct-16

Will's MOBILE embedded Photo

W for little Will, A for Addison and M for Morgan.

Thanks all!

26-Oct-16

W for little Will, A for Addison and M for Morgan.

Thanks all!

26-Oct-16
Just an option for those who might want to help kids of all ages and walks of life who need it. I'm fortunate enough to be able to contribute on a monthly basis to St. Judes and Shriners as well. They both do a lot of good for kids.

26-Oct-16

turkulese's embedded Photo
turkulese's embedded Photo
I'm all in. My schools archery team is all in. Nothing I have ever said has motivated them more than when I shared Addison's story. They took it upon themselves to write "A" on all of our arrows. In this photo you will see nearly 200 arrows with an "A" written on the indicator fletching. Literally, hundreds of Addison's Arrows will be shot every week. We will be competing in local tournaments and the state NASP tournament in the Spring... Addison and her arrows will be with us all the way.

26-Oct-16

26-Oct-16

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
First bow kill with one of Addison's Arrows. Scott, central Missouri, a grandfather who loves and cares.

27-Oct-16
We get 545 posts on a phony posing in front of a photoshopped bear and 40 on a thread asking for awareness of a youngster with cancer. We can do better than that guys.

27-Oct-16
From Minnesota and I am heading to the garage now to mark my arrows! Hope the little drips running down my cheeks don't smear the BIG A...

27-Oct-16
Prayers to her and her family. Arrows on the way!

27-Oct-16
Agree, Bou...Hospice has been called in for Addison.

27-Oct-16
As soon as i get home, i will putting A's on all of my arrows..

27-Oct-16

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Hope to let it fly this weekend.

27-Oct-16
A's will go on my arrows in WV. God bless n prayers sent!

27-Oct-16
We will keep her and family in prayer.

27-Oct-16
Can't post a picture but there are A's on my arrows, Prayers sent.

27-Oct-16
Cody, from Kansas, honors a girl his age he's never met.

27-Oct-16

Feedjake's embedded Photo
Feedjake's embedded Photo
We forget so quickly. I hadn't thought of Addison and her family today until I knocked my arrow in my marshy hiding spot tonight. More prayers were offered...

27-Oct-16
Prayers sent for Addison and family. As a parent I know everything in life is done with the well-being of your kids in mind, nothing else matters, hard to imagine.

27-Oct-16
3 arrows, 3 A's. I'll post a pic of the 3 arrows in an "A" on top of whatever I shoot this season.

27-Oct-16

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Prayers to the family...

28-Oct-16
Prayers sent, what a nightmare..

28-Oct-16
Pretty cool, 22 states and 2 provinces. Yes,her family and friends are checking. I hope to be posting more that have been send directly to me.

28-Oct-16

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
Addison, I've been in a stand 3 days now since reading your story. My thoughts and prayers are with you every minute here from Colorado. You and your family stay strong. You are a beautiful young lady.

28-Oct-16

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
it's the prayers that will matter...............the arrows are a reminder to pray

28-Oct-16
Writer thanks for heads up on this... man tough times and anything I can do to help I will. There will be "A"s on my arrows heading to Alaska in a couple weeks. Prayers to the family.

29-Oct-16

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Thanks, prayers are sent.

29-Oct-16

Thanks, prayers are sent.

29-Oct-16

Gman's MOBILE embedded Photo

Capital "A" for Addison. Prayers sent. Arrows will get marked when I am off stand and have a marker. Marked for Addison, Will, Morgan, Cynthia and Marla. Take note of the 3 Grey bracelets on my wrist, those never leave my wrist and are to act as conversation starters with others to grow awareness.

Bou - with greatest respect, prayers are great and comforting but this group can do more. We need funding for brain tumor research. We need to grow awareness and we need more friggin research. Think $5 can't make a difference? You are right if 20,000 other people think just like you. $100,000 could fund the one researcher for a year that finds a cure.

Did you know that the CDC announced in summer that brain tumors are now the leading cause of death in children, overtaking leukemia? It's because there has been a lack of developments in brain tumor treatments. Focus has been elsewhere and so have the funding dollars. This needs to change.

I am sorry but I have been living with this for 13 years. My wife was diagnosed with malignant glioma 8 months after our marriage at the ripe old age of 34. She is literally off the charts in medical articles as she will celebrate her 12 year anniversary of ending treatments (2 continous years of treatment) this january. Yes she has survived but her quality of life is heart breaking. To beat all odds only to them suffer the after effects of treatments , mostly radiation, is a friggin kick in the teeth.

Yes, this thread is about kids, more specifically, Addison. Cynthia is the 12 year old daughter of a very close friend. She was diagnosed with a DPG. This is the same cancer that took Lauren Hill all too early. So even though I don't have kids, I get it. I've watched my friend with his struggles and his beautiful daughter Cynthia struggle in a similar battle as Addison.

So, yes mark your arrows, send prayers, light candles, but PLEASE consider a donation to support brain tumor research. When is the last time you saw the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB wear Grey for brain cancer awareness? Beau Biden, the VP's son, died of a Brain Tumor and nothing has changed! It is up to us to help with the change.

Immunotherapy and engineered viruses offer the greatest hope for treating brain tumors. The brain is isolated by the blood brain barrier creating a specialized challenge for getting medications to the tumor with minimal side effects. These approaches require cutting edge and dedicated research.

No, I am not a MD and I am not a father. I don't work for a drug company or any of the brain tumor charities. I am a spouse of a Brain tumor warrior that now fights the lasting effects of her treatments. We need better. The kids deserve better.

October is brain tumor awareness month. Visit websites for the Nationall Brain Tumor Foundation (NBTF), American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA), The Cure Starts Now Foundation, or some of the other groups to learn more about treatment centers, volunteer opportunities and ways to donate.

No disrespect intended, just a call to do more if you can.

Addison and family- I'll be lighting candles on Sunday. And my lead arrow will be marked. God Bless!

Grey Matters!

GMan

29-Oct-16
Turkeys and mule deer have gone down to Addison's Arrows. Come on, somebody add a whitetail, please.

29-Oct-16
having recently lost a loved one to cancer the fear, sadness and anger are still fresh

with that said, i cannot even begin to imagine how those emotions are compounded when trying to help a sweet little child with her battle

i will add an "A" and pray for her, her family and her caretakers

30-Oct-16

As promised. Lead arrow marked for Addison, Will, Morgan, Cynthia and Marla.

30-Oct-16
Thanks gman for the info. I will look into which site takes a donation. It was super warm Saturday morning while I was bowhunting in Va. It was a tuff climb and I was just a grumbling and fussing going in to hunt. Got setup in my treestand and when it finally turned light one of the first things I noticed was the A on my arrow and I felt like a idiot for griping about such small things when I realized How blessed I am. I again started praying for this young lady.

31-Oct-16
Thanks, NC...we all need reminders from time to time.

31-Oct-16
Great Thread!! Very Sad Thoughts and prayers from NJ. and of course an A.

31-Oct-16
Donation sent. Very easy ABTA - ways to donate

02-Nov-16
Great stuff, Lucky. Thanks. My first hunt got postponed a week or so because of death in the family. 55 years old. Hope we hear from more people willing to carry an "Arrow for Addison" afield this fall.

04-Nov-16
Don't for get Addison, please. Ask others to mark arrows for her. Let us know when you succeed with an "A" arrow, too.

04-Nov-16

Dusty Nethery's embedded Photo
Dusty Nethery's embedded Photo
Hard to write on these old, worn out feathers of mine, so I put an "A" on all the wraps. Prayers, and lots of 'em, from Illinois.

04-Nov-16

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo

05-Nov-16
my daughter and i both are carrying an A in support...

we will do our best to send a sharp tipped broadhead towards a deer.

thinking of addison

05-Nov-16

Changed bows this AM...

05-Nov-16

Buckhunter's embedded Photo
Hopefully will fly today
Buckhunter's embedded Photo
Hopefully will fly today

05-Nov-16

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
On my wAy to fArm for weekend. Addison And fAmily in our prAyers.

05-Nov-16
Sending prayers! I'm sure they have looked at all options but if they don't know about cyber knife it may be an option to look into. http://med.stanford.edu/neurosurgery/patient_care/radiosurgery_cyberknife.html Regardless, our family is praying for Addison and her family

06-Nov-16

My arrow from earlier.
My arrow from earlier.
For Addison...

06-Nov-16

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I left my A arrow go last night hit a bit low. Terrible tracking job in thorns and buckthorn on hands and knees. Backed out and came back in morning could not find anymore blood. Kept talking to myself saying Addison help me over and over. With blind luck I stumbled on her 50 yards later with no blood in between in tall grass. I walked by her within 50 feet the first time.

07-Nov-16
Prayers From Mesa, AZ. I will put an A on both my arrows and my wife's when I get home tonight.

God Bless!

Scar.

07-Nov-16
Thanks, Scar. I'm pretty sure you're the first from AZ, too. Pics would be appreciated.

08-Nov-16

MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
I always go into a hunt with low expectations, but I knew that this year would be different. God bless you Addison!

08-Nov-16
Nice buck MW66 - congratulations

08-Nov-16
Thanks, MW66. Solid deer. Thanks for thinking of her.

09-Nov-16

Bou was right! Every time I looked at my nocked arrow it was a reminder to stop think and pray.

18-Nov-16
This has now gone worldwide, from Africa to Japan and all 50 states. Addison continues to hang on but is in a coma she'll never leave until...thanks to all.

18-Nov-16
Addison's shooting coach has gotten more than 300 e-mails and more than 100 arrows. Photos, an article, and Addison updates will follow.

19-Nov-16

19-Nov-16
My heart goes out to the family, my son Jared is now 16 months removed from radiation and chemo from his cancer. I will add the A for a special arrow to be used next month during his hunt of a lifetime for coues deer. Many prayers and Gods grace for them, from Arizona

19-Nov-16
An update coming later today, in the form of an article about the worldwide support archers are giving to Addison and her family.

19-Nov-16

From the tree this morning...

19-Nov-16
A going on right now.

19-Nov-16
I am afraid each time i click on his thread like none before it.

19-Nov-16
Sorry to pick up on this thread until now. My heart and prayers goes out to Addison and her family.

my best, Paul from Colorado

19-Nov-16
Bou...not much of a change, except in her family's spirits.

20-Nov-16
As a parent that has spent many anxious nights, weeks and months in Vancouver Children's Hospital with a child with cancer, I will be lettering my fletch before I go out again. There is surely nothing sadder in the world than watching a child die. My girl survived and lives with the limb function loss, but we spent time with some super kids that did not make it.

To Addison and family, from British Columbia.

26-Nov-16

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Kodiak, Alaska

26-Nov-16

KJC's embedded Photo
KJC's embedded Photo

27-Nov-16

caribou77's MOBILE embedded Photo
caribou77's MOBILE embedded Photo

27-Nov-16
Addison and family, are thought's and prayers are with you,and will continue on,every time I look at that special arrow in my quiver.

01-Dec-16

WVBOWHUNTER's embedded Photo
WVBOWHUNTER's embedded Photo
Done and sending prayers from WV!

01-Dec-16
Any update ?

01-Dec-16
She hangs on, somehow. Way over 100 arrows sent in and the custom vase is stunning. I'll try to get a pic, posted. Archers in at least seven countries, all 50 states and five provinces have participated. Big deal, and greatly appreciated by her family who realize the amount of love this stirred between others and their own children. It's also helped her archery teacher, Christine Jones, who is struggling with watching one of her favorite students/person go through such an ordeal. I will keep people posted, as best I can.

02-Dec-16
In from Hawaii.

02-Dec-16

DC's embedded Photo
DC's embedded Photo
Message and Prayers sent

10-Jan-17

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Last deer of the year for me. Rest easy young lady you have no idea how many people you have inspired that never had the pleasure of meeting you. I wish your family peace and strength in this up coming new year.

• Sitka Gear