Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Knife2sharp 25-Oct-16
t-roy 25-Oct-16
lunatic 25-Oct-16
APauls 25-Oct-16
smarba 25-Oct-16
25-Oct-16
I recently posted on another site/forum about stand modifications and got to thinking; there's one product above all others that I've used in the coarse of my hunting career that comes in handy and that's black hockey tape. It truly is the hunters duct tape. It comes in handy to quiet things down, if there's ever any creaking from metal to metal contact. Put tape on the two pieces and there's no more squeaking. I 've used it blacken the front of my riser and accessories for ground blind hunting. This was before bows started coming out in all black, fade or AT color options. Just put the tape on the front and the rest of the bow is still camo. I've also had it with me on hunts out west hunting out of box blinds for antelope and darkening either holes or cracks in the walls or ceiling allowing light to enter.

What's also nice is the tape can be ripped in long strips. I like the wide hockey tape, which I think is 1 1/2", that way it covers more area and I can rip it in half if it needs to be wider. What's also great about the tape is it's removes relatively easily, but sticks to itself and it's made for cold wet weather. HS does have a similar no mar tape in camo, but it's a lot more expensive.

25-Oct-16
Is the price comparable to regular duct tape?

25-Oct-16
Where do you buy this hockey tape of which you speak ?

25-Oct-16
lunatic - just about anywhere that sells anything in Canada :)

25-Oct-16
Speaking of duct tape, the Gorilla brand tape is incredibly sticky and strong. Different application for most of what you refer to, but I've been extremely impressed with using it to fix cracked coolers, etc. Worth the price.

• Sitka Gear