All your eggs in one basket
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Allheart 25-Oct-16
Reflex 25-Oct-16
MichaelArnette 25-Oct-16
Allheart 25-Oct-16
25-Oct-16
In my area I rarely see big bucks so hunting is pretty much shot what you can. Even with that style of hunting I do not shoot deer every year. Its tuff around here. Before last year I had only seen one nice buck from stand and received ONE trail cam pic of a mature buck.

Half way through last year I found a little honey hole of public land that was hard to access. I got in there November 18th or so and instantly found a big rub line. I set up on it and put up a trail cam. Got lots of pics of the big guy and seen him twice from the stand.

This year I have not been in there since August. My plan is to not hunt it until November 5th then hunt it with all day sits. I can hunt it with a variety of wind directions and it will take some luck with the wind as he can come from just about anywhere.

So this will be the only stand I hunt all year and no holidays so I only have a limited number of days to hunt it. I am putting all of my eggs in this one basket and I am hoping things will come together.

25-Oct-16
Well good luck to you!

25-Oct-16
Sounds like a sound plan unless someone else has found your spot, which is likely...good luck!

25-Oct-16
HA HA Yes you just can't hide a good place. So yes other people are hunting near it but I think I have the best stand location. Public land is public land.

• Sitka Gear