SWK 26-Oct-16
soapdish 26-Oct-16
stick n string 26-Oct-16
notme 27-Oct-16
Ki-ke 27-Oct-16
travistroop 27-Oct-16
25-Oct-16
12:06 PM LIVE from Ct*
Getting ready to go out. I might take a doe just for the meat to shut the old lady up.

25-Oct-16
12:53 PM LIVE from Ct*

travistroop's MOBILE embedded Photo

25-Oct-16
12:54 PM LIVE from Ct*

Pic

25-Oct-16
Good luck

25-Oct-16
You just didn't do a selfie did you? Good luck

25-Oct-16
1:49 PM LIVE from Ct*

25-Oct-16
1:49 PM LIVE from Ct*

Pic

25-Oct-16
1:52 PM LIVE from Ct*

25-Oct-16
2:02 PM LIVE from Ct*

I hang this from the bottom to get an extra 2 ft up

25-Oct-16
2:05 PM LIVE from Ct*
Bloodstained with out a safety harness less than 10 min. With about 20 min or so it seems. I put my army ruck sack straps on it so it's not bad at all to pack in

25-Oct-16
Interesting - what's your elevation? I see guys doing this now and then, but always felt like the climber was so much quicker... have to admit though, your set up looks like you could be all done in short order..

25-Oct-16
2:11 PM LIVE from Ct*

This tree is sure giving me a ride. I put out some estrus for the first time this year

25-Oct-16
2:11 PM LIVE from Ct*

This tree is sure giving me a ride. I put out some estrus for the first time this year

25-Oct-16
2:14 PM LIVE from Ct*
As for as my spots go this is my 4th best I can't blow up my top three right before the rut

25-Oct-16
GL. Travis. Anything moving out there other than ur tree ?

25-Oct-16
3:04 PM LIVE from Ct*
Will I would say I'm about 17 ft up if I find a tree with a couple limbs to help me out I can get higher

25-Oct-16
3:31 PM LIVE from Ct*
Nothing moving, it's sun is hot. I'm facing it and burning up. So in thinking every thing is sun bathing till dark

25-Oct-16
3:55 PM LIVE from Ct*

Well I f@#$k this up now the sun is right in my eyes

25-Oct-16
7:18 PM LIVE from Ct*
I had 6 doe come in around 530 and took a shot at one about 15-20 yards it was stepping forward (yes I know better) and the arrow stuck into bone with only maybe four inches in. I waited 45min then went down to look. Only found one spot of blood 15 yards from where I hit it then no more :(

25-Oct-16
Sorry to hear. If stepping forward would it not be a gut shot?

25-Oct-16
Did you recover the arrow?

26-Oct-16
Ok I don't know how far it was in but it wasn't very far, the deer went about 15 yrds stopped and looked back then I lost it. I only found a little blood where it stopped. It was long grass but I looked for a little over an hour, never found arrow or any more blood.

26-Oct-16

travistroop's Link
Removed

26-Oct-16
I will look more today when I go and take down my stand I left it up because I was too burnt out from losing the deer

26-Oct-16
I know a lot of you are going to talk (poop) on me for losing the deer, taking the shot when the leg was back, not spending all night scouting for it, but what ever. I learned two good lessons...Always wait for the leg to be forward, and I better rethink the rage broad heads.

26-Oct-16
If it was me, I would not have put that video up.

26-Oct-16
Notice the small print in the Rage commercials. They quickly say "the biggest entrance wounds"

Wonder why?

26-Oct-16

SWK's embedded Photo
SWK's embedded Photo
Dont give up yet Travis !!! If ur hit was high there wont b much blood. If u hit that blue line she might b dead. Some things might b in ur favor here it was cold so meat will b good & u backed out so she wouldn't b far from last blood. Where did u last see the deer Heading for a swamp? Ect. follow tracks & most likely routs. Good Luck !!!

26-Oct-16
Beating up on you wouldn't help any. Asking questions and getting answers from experienced hunters will. You said it yourself that you had already learned two lessons.

26-Oct-16
I dont get what that video has to do with ur situation. And i agree with Bear, i wouldnt be directing ppl to it.

27-Oct-16

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
I agree with the posters above,1) take that video down..antis love that shit..2)learn from your mistakes..i know a thing or two about losing deer..paitcence and concentrate on your spot..its not tv,deer don't bleed out or drop within 10yrds..sometimes all you have is a pin prick trail,a drop every 20ft..you said she was in grass..look at the direction of the grass..get on your knees and look at the tops of the grass..i shot an 8 pt last last yr and watched it go down within 40yrds..when I got down there was no blood..a slight breeze caused a fern to turn over and it was covered in blood..when i opened him up the cavity was full if blood...give yourself more than an hour you owe it to the animal,take the day off if you can.

As for rage..some guys love them some hate them..ive had a few f@#k ups with them....middle pic is entrance,top is exit...head never opened...last time I'll use them

27-Oct-16
Video needs to go

27-Oct-16
I tried to take down the video, I looked another couple hours doing a grid search. Sorry guys.

• Sitka Gear