HerdManager 25-Oct-16
HerdManager 25-Oct-16
Pyrannah 25-Oct-16
Rut Nut 26-Oct-16
25-Oct-16
12:53 PM LIVE from PA*

HerdManager's MOBILE embedded Photo
HerdManager's MOBILE embedded Photo

Low 50s. Overcast. Sitting just north of a huge briar thicket where they bed. Wind is swirling a little but that's hunting in SW PA.

My 15 yr old daughter messed up a chance at a great 10 pt out of his same tree 2 years ago. Not sure why I haven't hunted it since.

Hoping my hunt ends just like Pat's Sask hunt.

25-Oct-16
1:21 PM LIVE from PA*
Seen a bunch of dead deer on the roads the past few days. They are getting antsy.

25-Oct-16
You're going to pee on your gloves?

25-Oct-16
Good Luck Heading out in 5B after work. We have a little too much wind here but I still can't wait to get out.

25-Oct-16
2:10 PM LIVE from PA*
What I wouldn't give to have flat terrain and consistent wind. The wind has aready come from every possible direction.

25-Oct-16
good luck, what is the terrain like that you are hunting in? Are you on a side hill/bottom/top?

25-Oct-16
2:22 PM LIVE from PA*
It's all hilly around here. Hills are anywhere from 300-500 ft high. Wind always swirls constantly. It's a real PIA for planning a hunt. I always try to hunt as high as I can.

Just had a big pileated woodpecker land near me. What a beautiful bird!

25-Oct-16
2:52 PM LIVE from PA*
I have one buck tag (all you get in PA), and 5 doe tags for this area. I'm off the week of Nov 7th and 14th, so saving the buck tag unless something spectacular comes by.

This is the furthest into a season I've ever gone without a deer. I made a horrible shot on a little doe a couple weeks ago. I totally misjudged the shot angle and flesh wounded her through the back leg. I hope she lived. I'm pretty certain I didn't get into the body cavity. Very little blood and she never laid down.

Would love to put a couple does in the freezer.

25-Oct-16
5:00 PM LIVE from PA*
Still nothing.

25-Oct-16
7:07 PM LIVE from PA*
Not a deer. Beautiful evening.

25-Oct-16
get em next time, tomorrow morning should be good...

26-Oct-16
Sunday should be great..............................................oh wait- forgot what state I was in! :(

• Sitka Gear