Olink 27-Oct-16
writer 27-Oct-16
Linecutter 27-Oct-16
Joey Ward 27-Oct-16
Brotsky 27-Oct-16
Zbone 28-Oct-16
PECO 28-Oct-16
26-Oct-16
This was noted in the other Arby's thread but I thought it was worth a separate mention. They are test marketing now but hopefully it takes off. A healthy alternative to the usual fast food fare. Well, except for the onion rings, white bread, mayo, large fries, and 40 oz. soda... ;-)

26-Oct-16
Hey, the ad shows hunting in a positive light. Cool.

26-Oct-16
from where ? if its road kill they cant take it its mine .

26-Oct-16
I probably wouldn't eat it. I only trust what I or my Father have butchered since we remove all fat, silver skin and sinew. Also, venison is best prepared medium rare to medium and not allowed to cool. I doubt any Arby's sandwich will ever look like the one in that pic.

Arby's will put a bad taste in people's mouths about venison, literally.

26-Oct-16
I'm a little skeptical of this. I've not seen the ads or researched it yet so I may be off base....but.....It seems like this is bringing venison to a mass market. It would be hard to provide that much venison with legally hunted, free range, wild harvest deer species in this country. In other words, this would be a big boost to the commercialization and industrialization of deer farms and all of the negatives that potentially come along for the ride. Diseases that could threaten wild populations, animal abuse claims for pen raising "wild animals", false advertising claims for promoting hunting and showing wild deer yet butchering and serving farm animals to the public, the eventual deer management oversight changes from natural resources to agriculture departments, etc....

Yeah, I am blowing it out of proportion but these are issues that currently exist and are dealt with on the fringes. Bringing a national fast food chain into the discussion could make it messy real quick.

Again, I've not seen the ads or researched beyond this thread so this is just a reaction. It would be nice to see Arby's promote hunting and natural resource management in a positive light as they market for my money. But it could backfire if all they are really promoting is a nice idea to get my money in support of deer farming in this country.

26-Oct-16
You all need to see the other thread I posted on Arby's ad campaign geared towards hunters. As one of their commercials states, "whether it's winged, antlered or finned, Arby's supports your pursuit of meats." The campaign shows they are taking the time to understand hunting and what we're about. Gotta love it!

As far as the deer being wild game and hunted, basically the only venison product that is legal to sell in the US is farmed or ranched. Most of it comes from New Zealand. Can't imagine Arby's product will shift the demand for venison all that much.

Again, it's still great to see them come out so strongly in support of hunting!

26-Oct-16
Yes it is bigeasy. I think it's great. God Bless

27-Oct-16
I think its great - wish they would do fried rabbit next. lol

27-Oct-16
The deer meat, of course, is farm raised. I suspect it will be commercially butchered, just as any other meat. Therefore, it will not be nearly as tasty or tender as meat you butcher yourself and carefully trim. However, that being said, deer meat has been served at fine dining establishments across the country for quite some time. The new twist is it being served at a fast food place. I have my doubts about its' success. I also, shall probably try one, just to see.

27-Oct-16
It will be slaughtered under USDA guidlines and regulation, just like buffalo you buy in the stores/restaurants.

27-Oct-16
They'll just need to bread it, deep fry it, cover it with Ranch dressing and Americans will devour it!

27-Oct-16
Looks good. I'd like to try one.

With onion rings, white bread, mayo, large fries, and 40 oz. soda(Mountain Dew)... ;-)

27-Oct-16
CWD Sandwich anyone?

The expansion of deer farming is in no way a positive event for those who care for wildlife. This is NOT good for those who hunt Wild deer.

27-Oct-16
forester 2x's

27-Oct-16
Not impressed. At all. Good for deer farms, and that's about it. I'm sure all the antis are going to put away their keyboard because Arby's has legitimized venison for mass consumption.

They should be donating the profits to CWD research.

27-Oct-16
I'm betting this is red deer from New Zealand farms.

27-Oct-16
+1 Lost. It's venison. It's not "whitetailed deer sandwiches". They are using meat from a deer farm somewhere, most likely raising red deer or other large cervids. They aren't raising whitetails for these sandwiches.

27-Oct-16
Any deer farms in FL? I know there are some pretty big cattle ranches there.

27-Oct-16

Brotsky's Link
This one is in Kansas, looks like they breed fallow deer and elk.

27-Oct-16
Its only going to be available in something like 18 Arby's locations in the entire country.

27-Oct-16
Brotsky, that's a very small operation compared to what Arby's will require. (It's not far from where I live.) I hope the sandwiches are great, they sell a lot, and people appreciate venison. It'll be much tougher to cuss a deer hunter when someone is grabbing a six pack of venison at a drive-through to take home. Lots of us have changed the minds of a lot of people by serving them quality deer, duck, goose or wild turkey.

Of course it won't be as good as what some of us can cook at home. What is?

27-Oct-16
I can't wait to see what they will charge for it. DANNY

27-Oct-16
Danny, probably a buck.

;-)

27-Oct-16
..or some serious doe.

28-Oct-16
Yeah, gotta be captive deer, or elk, it's illegal to sell wild game meat...

28-Oct-16
I am sure it will be as good as the elk burger I had at a local brewery, which was terrible compared to the ones I make at home.

• Sitka Gear