Scrappy 03-Dec-16
greg simon 03-Dec-16
WV Mountaineer 04-Dec-16
willliamtell 05-Dec-16
brunse 05-Dec-16
Scrappy 05-Dec-16
Scrappy 05-Dec-16
01-Dec-16
Late season gloves for hang and hunt. This is one item I have not been able to find yet. My hands sweat really fast in most and we all know how quickly your digits will feel like they are about to fall off once wet.

01-Dec-16
Kuiu Instagram posted their new glassing mittens the other day. Looked interesting. . . .

I just wear Sitka Fanatic gloves, and always keep my hands in my pockets when it's really cold. I used to use plain Jersey gloves, but I live the Fanatic gloves because they look cool, and they don't have the thumb and index finger covered

I can't trigger my release right with thick gloves. . .

01-Dec-16
Once the stand is hung i just wear a lite glove liner. What I need is something to get me from vehicle to the tree, and treestand hung.

01-Dec-16
Edited, didn't see your previous post, muff is not good for that. Just about any decent glove should work to get you from truck to stand and hung.

01-Dec-16
KUIU Guide Glove. Soft leather on palm side, synthetic on back. Good dexterity and hand protection, not to warm. I love them for just what you are asking for. I put my heavy gloves or handwarmer muff and hot packs in my pack and wear these gloves walking in and hanging my stand. Only negative is the price!

01-Dec-16
Good, cold weather gloves are a misnomer! They're called mittens! I use a mitten on the left hand with the bow and a heat pack in it. For the right hand and my release I wear SItka gloves, either Fanatic w/o finger & thumb (can use cell phone!) or something heavier and keep my hand in a pocket with a heat pack. I can use my release with a medium weight glove too w/o issues.

I have Cabelas Canadian Stand Hunter "gloves", which consist of a very good quality liner glove of heavier than light weight and a mitten with a top zipper so you can get out your trigger finger. I also like these a lot and use them for gun hunting in below 0.

>>>>-------->

01-Dec-16
Greg I don't think they have the guide glove anymore or I just can't find it on there website. Looking at the Yukon glove which sounds like what I'm for looking but your right about the ouch factor on the price just for deer hunting.

01-Dec-16
sitting I found marino wool liners and fleece works good for me .and when it gets real cold it use hand warmers and a pouch looking thing around my waist .. cold hands are terrible good luck

01-Dec-16
Grab a pair of cheap fleece-type gloves. Wear them when you start your hike in if the cold is unbearable. Take them off once your hands no longer feel like they are freezing, as they will soon begin to sweat. Bare hand the rest of your hike and hang your stand. Get settled in, and wait for any perspiration to evaporate, then put on your cold weather gloves.

01-Dec-16
With the Kuiu ultra merino 210 glove you get great perspiration control, but they are thin so if you combine them with either a fleece or wool glove you'll get a comfortable combination into the 30 degree range.

I use the 210's with the green military wool liners and get excellent warmth and my hands breathe really well, and I still have good dexterity. And the price is right. Below 30 I need hand warmers and mittens.

01-Dec-16
I've used Kuiu's Northstar Glove for the wet & windy tundra of Quebec. Not sure how warm the Yukon is, but the Northstar isn't made for cold. Here in Wisconsin, I use a muff & hand warmers & light cotton gloves on stand. En route I wear Cabela's Wooltimate WindShear? Gloves. There is nothing worse than cold fingers.

01-Dec-16
KUIU catalog lists the Guide Glove on pg 33 for $59.99. Yukon Pro Glove is thicker, more insulated, also waterproof. Yukon Glove is just an outer shell; waterproof, non-insulated (I'm not sure they offer it anymore) and rather bulky. The Northstar Glove is their warmest glove, still not great for stationary cold weather activities. Super Down Glassing Mitt is warm, not as warm as Cabela's Stand Hunter mittens, but KUIU's are much lighter and compressible. All the above really does not answer your original question...I also like plain deerskin leather work gloves for hanging stands in cold weather!

01-Dec-16
just spent a week in Saskatchewan I enjoyed a Kuiu glassing mitt on my bow hand with a hand warmer, release hand was in the pocket of my Sitka fanatic coat with hand warmer. kept me warm for all day sits. First time using Ice Breaker boot blankets, they may be my new favorite thing , always had a little chill to my feet. wear them over your boots or take them off and put a warmer in them too incredible product

01-Dec-16
I have wooltimate gloves and they are pretty good, also, have deer hide thinsulate which work real well. I actually shoot my bows with the deer gloves. When it gets really cold I use body warmers in my pockets and kept hands in until the shot. If you want something token your hands warm all day you need to go to a mitten.

02-Dec-16
I use a muffler and a pair of shear merino wool gloves and it works great for me. I never had a glove that really worked for me.

02-Dec-16
I ditto Pigsticker. Muffler is the only way to go when it gets real cold. Throw in a chemical warmer for extra toasty.

02-Dec-16
The fingerless wool mittens. They're around $15.

02-Dec-16
Guys, he is looking for something to get him TO the stand. Mufflers and mittens aren't going to help.

02-Dec-16
I like to use Wooltimate gloves with a leather palm for walk in, hang stand, and left hand while on stand. I use Ice Breaker merino wool liner and half finger wool gloves over them for my right hand on stand.

03-Dec-16
Made an excursion out into yuppie land yesterday afternoon. I went into active endeavors and looked at gloves for winter outdoor activities. I can get outdoor research gloves at a very steep discount, only problem is they offer about a million different kind of gloves. Oh and I survived being out in the yuppie land. I am so thankful that I do not work in that kind of environment. Hats off to those that do.

03-Dec-16
"Yuppie land" It's like a whole other county! Glad to hear you survived the harrowing experience. You have got to quit taking those crazy chances!

04-Dec-16
I wear wool liners going to the stand, while in the stand, and when I shoot something from the deer stand. Military surplus. I know it is revolutionary thought but, I m a cheapo on such things. Especially when I figured out 35 years ago that simply sticking my hands into my pockets while setting a deer stand wasn't hard to do. Man, when they come out with hot hands, I felt like I had won the lottery. That's next generation thought stuff right there. :^)

Seriously, good luck on your glove quest. I really wouldn't mind having a waterproof pair of gloves that had dexterity. God Bless men

05-Dec-16
Scrap, if your problem is hands sweating, it sounds like they are getting too warm, not too cold. If so, concentrate on gloves with only medium bulk. This is thinking outside the box, but check out cycling gloves. They usually are not super bulky or warm, have decent gauntlets, and often can be folded up in the palm/wrist area to cool off if need be. If you are determined to look until you see discounted items (usually in the spring for bike stuff), you should never have to spend more than $50 (and usually less) for a glove that isn't "waterproof".

05-Dec-16
Any Memphis Ninja fans out there??

05-Dec-16
Williamtell, you are correct about the sweating. I think all these gloves that are windproof and waterproof have been my problem in the past cause they don't breath. Just like wearing a pair of rubber gloves. Five minutes after wearing a pair my hands will be soaked from sweat. Im getting ready to order a pair that claim extremely wind and water resistant as well as breathable. We shall see. Brunse I saw the other thread about the ninjas and they look just like a pair I had last year by a different company, wore them outside to shovel snow. They didn't work half an hour and my hands were soaked with sweat which of course caused them to freeze.

05-Dec-16
KC I guess I'm different than most people. I can't wear anything from Arctic shields except the boot covers due to them not breathing. That stuff is like wearing a plastic suit to me.

• Sitka Gear