CHAWDAWG 05-Dec-16
carcus 05-Dec-16
Buck Watcher 06-Dec-16
XMan 06-Dec-16
sam 07-Dec-16
carcus 08-Dec-16
Ambush 08-Dec-16
02-Dec-16
My Father was talking about getting one, if they are as good as thermacell heated insoles then it sucks, but I don't have any experience with this product, we live in Manitoba so it can get cold! Any reviews would be great!

02-Dec-16
I don't have the Milwaukee jacket but, i do have a Gerbing heated vest. I like it a lot. Granted our winters are not comparable to Manitoba,so for an all day sit, he would need at least 2 batteries,prolly 3. I dont know how to explain it but, it is not warm to the touch, i just dont get cold. I use the on/off method. On for an hour or so,then turn off till a chill returns,then back on. Save battery life/very little movement. I have used it down to 0 temps and it has made a huge difference, in my opinion. Because of the vest, I actually wear less clothing on top.

I would like to hear others opinions as well.

02-Dec-16
Wow. I didn't know heated vests existed. What an awesome Christmas present for my wife. She's looking at roughly 36 more football games watching our son play ball. Then there's college ball of course he'll be scouted and sign on with the team of his choice. I see major brownie points with this one.

02-Dec-16
I'm in the building trades and I've worked with guys who have them.. I was envious on very cold days.. surprised that more manufactures don't use the technology..

From football games to hunting.. they work

02-Dec-16
I'm in the building trades and I've worked with guys who have them.. I was envious on very cold days.. surprised that more manufactures don't use the technology..

02-Dec-16

02-Dec-16
Like BC173, I don't have experience with the Milwaukee, but do have a Gerbing heated vest. I LOVE that vest, and use it often in cold weather for hunting. I've also used it in other cold outdoor situations. I just bought two new batteries for it.

02-Dec-16
HA, talk about timing. I just got one delivered to my house yesterday and this morning I opened up the package like a kid on Christmas morning. I immediately charged up the sweatshirt and wore it on high around the house for 5 minutes till I couldn't take the heat anymore. It worked really well in the house, going to test it out next weekend in IL when its supposed to be 30. I will have a heavy fleece jacket on over it.

I do have a buddy who owns one and he loves it. He's used it for two seasons, this being his second and has had no issues. He bought a bigger battery for it and he says it gives him 6 hours on high.

The sweatshirt itself is not super thick, I would compare it to a heavyweight UA pullover insulated 1/4 zip sweatshirt. I ordered a Medium, I'm 5' 9" 185 and it seems to be right on for size. I didn't want it to be too big or bulky as I intend to wear my heavy jacket over it. If you want more room to wear clothes under it, get a Large.

I will give a full review when I get back home on Dec 11th.

02-Dec-16
I have the Gerbing brand, I used it last week, it worked sweet! The Cabelas battery is nicer than the battery that came with the vest, it has a small remote fob so you don't have to dig the battery out of the pocket. I also was able to recharge off my inverter that I have in the 12vdc power port in my truck. Think the inverter is made by black and Decker. I guess if you buy the best straight from Cabela's, you probably get the better battery. These are also sweet for older folks in your life, I had bought my dad one last year and he raved about it, so I bought one also for hunting!

04-Dec-16
A quick update, went to my club this morning and shot by bow for a few hours wearing just the sweatshirt. It was 28 degrees. Was super warm and battery was still going strong when I turned it off. So far I give it a double thumbs up.

04-Dec-16
I have one and used it a lot last year (been too mild to even consider this year). IT WORKS, I love it! And it is quiet. I turn mine on after about 1 to 2 hours in stand. You know, just when the cold finally starts to seep in depending on the day. It doesn't cook you, it's more of a subtle, thing in that 15 minutes later, the chill goes away. I only have ran mine at half power and it has lasted for 3 hours. regards from Canada

04-Dec-16
I have one. Mine works great.

05-Dec-16

ben h's Link
A friend of mine works as a field inspector for high voltage transmission lines and most of the work takes place in the winter, typically in remote areas. He made his company buy him some Fortress jackets and he swears by them; they're not heated though, but they are light and their purpose is to not require so many layers, much like the heated clothing. They were developed for workers in the oil and gas industry in locations such as the North Slope of Alaska. I personally have not tried them.

05-Dec-16
Carcus, you don't need the jacket. As someone above mentioned just get the sweatshirt and then wear it under one of your camo outer layers. Especially if you have a windstopper layer. If you can layer that sweatshirt under something that stops the wind they work great!

05-Dec-16
I have a Milwaukee Heated jacket. Works great. If you have it on high it gets really warm, probably too warm if there is such a thing. Only issues i have is the battery only lasts about an hour on high. If you keep it on low it will probably last you 3 hours. If you get a jacket i would recommend getting a second battery or upgrading to a larger one. The jacket itself is warm even without having it on.

05-Dec-16
Thanks guys, tried to get him the Milwaukee but home depot had them on back order

06-Dec-16
Anyone know of a vest that has the heated section in the lower back? My Dad is 91 and is still very active outside. I am looking for something he can wear riding the tractor, snowblower, etc. I have looked at 3 different ones and they all heat the top part (shoulders).

06-Dec-16
carcus, I bought mine online and had it in two days. http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-heated-jackets/milwaukee-heated-jackets,default,sc.html

07-Dec-16
It's an extremely high quality coat and very warm without the battery in it, I really like mine.

08-Dec-16
Thanks Xman but I'm in Manitoba so they will rape me in exchange and shipping

08-Dec-16
HomeDepot.ca. Order on-line. My store has a rack of them, so stock should be good.

$200 for the black Milwaukee jacket or vest and free shipping. Most people suggest a spare battery, unless you already have some cordless Milwaukee tools.

Two buddies here use them for late season tree standing and I'm considering some brands to. Not all the reviews are positive as far as lifespan goes. Some complain that heat zones quit or total failures occur pretty quickly.

• Sitka Gear