Tajue17 03-Dec-16
HDE 03-Dec-16
Wood 03-Dec-16
WV Mountaineer 03-Dec-16
WVarcher 03-Dec-16
12yards 05-Dec-16
Toby 05-Dec-16
02-Dec-16
I'm going to be in the market for a new bow after deer season ends. I really like the hoyt nitrum and defiant and am debating between the two. I've seen a lot of people shooting Elite bows and they seem to get good reviews, anyone have any input on them or any other bows they recommend to check out?

02-Dec-16
All the new stuff from the top dogs is pretty good. Shoot as many as you can and pick what you like.

02-Dec-16
If you consider the elites I strongly suggest shooting one. I felt the draw cycle was weird. My buddy shoots one and his shooting def improved.

02-Dec-16
If you consider Elite, which I would highly encourage, I think you'll really appreciate how easy/accurate they are. Try the Energy 35 and then the new 34" bow.

02-Dec-16
I have an Elite Impulse 31 that I FINALLY enjoy shooting. Had to be sent back to the factory TWICE before they finally got it to the point I could shoot it. For an Elite, it's fast, which is an important consideration with my short DL. The E32 and E35 are the smoothest bows I've ever shot. If I had a longer DL, they would be my bow of choice without doubt.

02-Dec-16
I just bought a new 2016 hoyt defiant at a great price (the 2017's came out)... Very happy! Shoot different bows and get the one that feels right. They're all nice.

02-Dec-16
I shot my first Elite, a Answer in '12. Bought one. After 10 years of being a hardcore Hoyt shooter, in sold all of them. I now own 4 Elites, a Answer, Pure and 2 E35. Best wall I've felt in a long time. The draw cycle may take a little time to get used to, but I love it now. Not the fastest bow on the market, but they are a very shootable bow.

02-Dec-16
Xpedition Denali, best bow for 2017, checking out if you have a dealer in your area.

03-Dec-16
I would suggest you try the Mathews no cam before deciding.

03-Dec-16
I shot a Hoyt for years...the 2008 Trykon...and really like(d) it. Last year I got an Elite Synergy, and like it better. The draw cycle (cam profile) on the Elite is not as aggressive as others which is why it's easier to draw and more comfortable to shoot. Of course this leads to the fact that it's not quite as fast as some others as well. As you've seen, the draw stops hit the limb rather than the string...thus an absolutely solid back wall with no "mush"...I love that. I shoot in two indoor winter 3D leagues and my average went up about ten points after switching to the Elite.

03-Dec-16
I shot all the big new flagship bows last year... I really liked the Hoyt carbon stuff. But I ended up with an E35. I got a left over 2015 And got a steal. I preferred the carbon, but couldn't justify the Significant price difference.

03-Dec-16
I've shot several brands and have decided Hoyt are best for me. Out of the Hoyt brand, carbon is what I like best. Price is a big hang up for sure, but you can easily find a good deal on trading post forums and other places like eBay. Shot the Nitrum 30 last year and that is a very good shooting bow and one of which you can find a killer deal on.

I would like the chance to shoot an Xpedition. Been interested in those for a couple of years. The best bow parameters, I think, are 32" ATA, 7" brace height, and IBO of 330 - 340 fps. Xpedition has all of that.

03-Dec-16
I have a Elite 35, bought new this last Jan. (first compound ever bought, been shooting trad for over 50yrs) and have shot it very little. Surprisingly quiet and a very smooth draw that is set up at 50#. With my physical decline thought it would be my last go to hunt but just doesn't excite me as my trad bows, so if anyone is interested in it just give me a pm and I'll give the details; I've been on the Leatherwall since 97 and have traded bows without any problems, usually a good honest group. Once I hit the stage of unable to pull my string I'll just walk away and work with my granddaughter in archery.

03-Dec-16
HDE, my X is 32.25" ATA, 7" brace, and 344 IBO. :) The best part is the XS cam seems to enjoy heavy arrows with less than expected speed loss.

03-Dec-16
I bought an Elite Impulse 31 when they came out and it was my bow for hunting season this year. The draw cycle was a little harsh but I loved the back wall. I put an aftermarket grip on it because I think the Elite grip on the impulse is bad. The bow is fast but I also found it to have a little more shock, noise, and vibration at the release than some of my past bows. Granted, as with most modern bows, it's not bad in the noise and shock department but it doesn't excel their IMO.

With my season in the books, I felt like a change. Went and shot the new Hoyts (which I really wanted to love) and the new Halon 32.

The Halon 32 just felt the best for me when it was said and done. I really wanted to give a Hoyt a spin but I just liked the way the Mathews felt for me.

I suggest you go and shoot them all and figure out which one feels best for you!

03-Dec-16
Elite is awesome and they have a really nice recurve,,,, you want to experience a real thrill kill a deer with that! super quiet, very fast, and you may never go back to the wheels,, Yikes! okay maybe just for late season long shots :) http://www.elitearchery.com/products/2016/origin-recurve.php

03-Dec-16
Brotsky, I know, that's why I have my eye on them ;)

03-Dec-16
Well, after shooting the new Bowtech Rein 7, it may be their best bow ever. Unbelievably smooth in comfort setting.

03-Dec-16
I know I'm likely to be the laugh of the town but, I just bought a used Mission Craze. Listen to me. I've been out of the compound world long enough to lose touch with what the flagship bows are for each company. So, understand that with what I'm about to tell you.

I owned the top of the line flagship bows from PSE, Browning, Hoyt, Darton, Matthews, and Mission in the past. It's been several years since doing so but, I am not afraid to pay for what I want. So, the purchase had nothing to do with being too frugal to buy a top tier model. I based it on how it felt. I have never owned a bow that felt so right. Never. It is exactly what I wanted and needed. And, that little bow is one bad hombre. Quiet, fast, just a hoot to shoot. It ain't no kids bow either.

My point? Buy what feels right. Don't look at the name or the model. Buy the bow that feels like it was made for you. I promise you'll like it better than any you buy based on model or brand name. God Bless

03-Dec-16
Bought an elite 34 impulse this summer. Loved that bow until I shot an xpedition xception. To me the xpedition just felt better. Then I got my hands on the Denali, absolute best bow I've ever shot. I have a hoyt carbon defiant that just hangs in my shop. Wvarcher

05-Dec-16
Yeah, I made the switch from a long time Hoyt guy to an Elite Synergy this year. After, I asked myself why I hadn't done it a long time ago. Love the bow, except for the coating on the cams.

05-Dec-16
Hoyt all the way I have the Alphamax and now the Defiant and both are great bows

• Sitka Gear