SJJ 09-Dec-16
ahunter55 09-Dec-16
ahunter55 13-Dec-16
The last savage 13-Dec-16
ahunter55 15-Dec-16
02-Dec-16

ahunter55's embedded Photo
I started taking my son with me bowhunting when he was about 3. Many times he would be asleep in a tree or blind as I hunted. I've been fortunate to have been able to take him on some fun bowhunts as he grew & we shared several Bowhunts over the years. He has grown to be a pretty good Bowhunter himself. We planned this Red Deer Cow bowhunt for meat to coincide with our gun Deer season since we don't gun hunt He was the shooter & I was going just to share another experience with him & some fun. We had a great time & fortunately, he took his 1st Red Deer & soon we will be enjoying delicious table fare.. We are blessed. Great way to celebrate my 60th year in archery/bowhunting (I joined organized archery in 1956). A 30 yard shot & a 40 yard recovery made it sweet.

02-Dec-16

03-Dec-16
Nice job! Congratulations on procuring some protein!

03-Dec-16
When I first looked at the pic, I thought "that's the biggest whitetail doe I've ever seen"!

Congrats to both of you and keep at it!

03-Dec-16
Congrats to you two! Nothing like Father & Son hunts, they're the best! Thanks for sharing!

ElkNut1

03-Dec-16
Your son is very fortunate to have had you mentoring him and be able to enjoy these kind of hunts with you. I hope you enjoy many more.

03-Dec-16

And we had Father, Son, daughter-in-law & 1 G-son in on the finale fun part. Butchering, cutting, Grinding & packaging. From field to freezer is usually a family affair too. I am so very blessed with a great family & Bowhunters to boot.. The young man (G-son) "missed" his 1st Whitetail today also.. He's hooked for sure now..

04-Dec-16
A family passion for sure! Congrats!

Mark

04-Dec-16

he's been tagging along a long time

05-Dec-16
that's awesome :)

06-Dec-16

09-Dec-16
That's Great, congratulations too both of you. Forrest

09-Dec-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

09-Dec-16
Forrest, it is great & now It's getting better as I have G-kids also.

13-Dec-16

One tough drag. Fortunate it was only 50 yds or so.

13-Dec-16
John..good for you brother... your story is my story too....I feel what you feel... proud,happy,did your job,. Congratulations on being a fantastic example as well as a great father...expose your children to hunting and the outdoors,,you'll never go wrong..thx for sharing your life....

15-Dec-16

the last savage-thanks for the kind words. Yes, it's been & is still a great journey. Blessed to have been along when my son, Daughter, & 1 G-son drew their bows on their 1st biggame. Bad part of that is I get WAY more excited than they do. I now have a 11 & 12 year old itching to go with me but fortunate they have great parents that love fishing, bowhunting & the outdoors. Oh, I let em have fun when we 3-D it.

• Sitka Gear