fubar racin 08-Dec-16
DeerMount 08-Dec-16
SDHNTR(home) 08-Dec-16
azcouescrazy 08-Dec-16
azcouescrazy 08-Dec-16
HDE 08-Dec-16
southpaw 10-Dec-16
06-Dec-16
I've got my wife setup with a bow tech carbon rose, she shoots 25.5 inch draw and 40 pounds. Got her arrows tuned well to her bow but now I need help with the broadhead. I was looking at 75gr Wacem, but also possible the wasp 75gr or even the Monte 85gr. Anyone have experience with these lighter broadhead?

06-Dec-16
I have not experience with a 75 gr. head, but I do have experience with 125 gr. Slick Trick. I would not overlook a 75 gr. Slick Trick.

06-Dec-16
Similar to buffalo1. No experience with a 75gr heads. Killed a lot of critters with a 100gr Wasp Boss. Very good head IMO.

06-Dec-16
My wife has had great luck with the 85gr Slick Trick standard.

07-Dec-16
Not one of the broad heads you mentioned, but I setup my wife with 75 grain Magnus Buzz Cutts. It is a cut on contact head. She used it on a 300 lb hog. Complete penetration. The arrow did not pass completely through but was hanging out the side of the critter. She was shooting 40 lbs.

07-Dec-16
Why go so light? Just because her draw wt and draw length are lower than most men's, does that automatically mean that a lower wt BH is the way to go? Could a heavier arrow (overall and up front) actually help her arrow penetrate more and make up for the slower arrow speed?

07-Dec-16
My wife shoots 125s at a tad over 40 lbs.

I wouldn't set her up with anything less than 100.

Best of luck.

07-Dec-16
Magnus Stingers 85gr is an awesome head, think you will like it, good length to width for low power setups!

07-Dec-16
My wife's rig is similar to your wife's. She has had good luck with 4 blade 90 grain Muzzys.

07-Dec-16
Wives can be tough, I'd go with a cut on contact fixed blade of at least 125 grains

07-Dec-16
VPA makes a 85 grain head. And I use the 85 grain Slick Tricks with no problem.

07-Dec-16
Magnus Stinger 85 gr or Slick Trick 85 gr are both excellent choices. I shoot both. They both fly just like my field points.

07-Dec-16

QQ Archery's Link
A old favorite, 85 GR Thunderheads.

07-Dec-16
We need a "like" button. I like idyllwild's and fuzzy' posts.

07-Dec-16
My wife has the same draw length at 43#. She shoots FMJ's with slick trick 100's and gets full pass through on deer and bear.

07-Dec-16
The reason I'm going with the light broadhead is that her bow is tuned very well with that grain tip on her arrow. She is shooting moderate range and is hunting mule deer and javelina. I do have some 85gr thunderheads lying around so I may give those a run. I appreciate it.

07-Dec-16
TH's are fine, but w/ that light of a set up I'd opt for a 2blade coc like the aforementioned magnus. Even moreso if you plan on shooting more than 30yds.

07-Dec-16
Like several suggested the 85 grain slick trick is great light weight head

07-Dec-16
and I'll bet a shiny nickle your girl won't be able to tell the difference between an 85gr and a 75gr tip, nor will your tune.

07-Dec-16
Rocket wolverines are a great little mechanical. When I had a fast setup I used them with 500 spine Easton redlines and killed plenty of deer and a caribou

07-Dec-16
I have used the wac'ems for many years (100 and 125gr) they are the best flying fixed head I have ever used, and penetrate very well. My son shot his first archery deer with a similar set up- #40 @ 25" and got a complete pass through on a doe mule deer at 26 yards. He was shooting a 100gr wac'em triton.

07-Dec-16
Like several suggested the 85 grain slick trick is great light weight head

07-Dec-16

southpaw's embedded Photo
My girl has very similar bow and shoots low 40s draw weight , but totally different arrow and broadhead! Arrow weight heavy and 125 magnus buzz cuts absolutely devastating passthrough on 2 deer and a bear all animals expire within 30 yds and great blood trail but she hunts from treestand and all shots 25 yds or less

07-Dec-16

300lbs
300lbs

07-Dec-16

Big doe
Big doe

07-Dec-16

07-Dec-16
Millie's "Lady Bowhunter" has used 85 gr steel force to take a bunch of deer and hogs when she first started. That said she's killed a bunch more using Montec 100 gr including bears, deer, turkeys, hogs, plus numerous exotics. Point is to use a razor sharp cut on contact broadhead at least 100gr. If you opt to use replaceable blades be sure they're at least .030 thick so theyll be less apt to break or bend on impact. ;

07-Dec-16

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
My Adult daughter shoots similar weight with a fixed 3 blade Rocky Mountain 125 gr 3 blade as does my daughter-in-law. We felt the added arrow weight was/is better for penetration.. Daughter in pic with her Cow Buffalo taken at 25 yds, dropped 60 yds away.

08-Dec-16
Why go so light? Suggest the lightest weight of Viper Trick

08-Dec-16
My wife shoots 85 grain buzz cuts 23.5 inch draw at 50 pounds.

08-Dec-16
Magnus Stinger or Buzzcut in 85 grain. They wont disappoint you.

08-Dec-16
See the trend here? Less poundage means you should have more weight, not less. Just look how heavy most trad bow broadheads are. Very often 200 gr + out of #50ish bows.

08-Dec-16
I see the trend. This is not my first archery rodeo. I have read Ed Ashby's study on heavier arrows and I also remember the 90s when everyone was shooting heavy poundage while trying to shoot as fast as possible. I appreciate the insight and suggestions. I asked about a few certain lighter broadhead to see any experience with them. I shoot both traditional and modern equipment. I'm also very confident that those broadheads in her setup will work just fine. That's why I picked up some 85gr slick trick standards for her to shoot. They are shooting great to her max yardage. Thanks guys.

08-Dec-16
I see the trend. This is not my first archery rodeo. I have read Ed Ashby's study on heavier arrows and I also remember the 90s when everyone was shooting heavy poundage while trying to shoot as fast as possible. I appreciate the insight and suggestions. I asked about a few certain lighter broadhead to see any experience with them. I shoot both traditional and modern equipment. I'm also very confident that those broadheads in her setup will work just fine. That's why I picked up some 85gr slick trick standards for her to shoot. They are shooting great to her max yardage. Thanks guys.

08-Dec-16
Yep, although I have never used 85's, a friend of mine does and has zero problems taking elk down with them. He too uses Slick Trick.

10-Dec-16
I'm pretty sure ahunter daughters buffalo pic should answer your question heavy aroow and broadhead, great pic Shunter!

• Sitka Gear