aandw 07-Dec-16
GhostBird 07-Dec-16
aandw 07-Dec-16
r-man 08-Dec-16
nutritionist 11-Dec-16
aandw 13-Dec-16
r-man 13-Dec-16
07-Dec-16
Mid September I planted crimson and red clovers, rye, wheat, and radishes. After heavy rains last week and this I have a good bit of seed sprouting. But Thursday thru Saturday we will have lows of 24, 22, and 27. This is north Ala so we will bounce back with warmer temps and I feel like rye and wheat will be okay. But I was counting on clovers for spring into summer. Do I have a chance?

07-Dec-16
What happened to your plot between Mid September and now??? I agree that the wheat and rye may be ok, but doubt the radishes or clover do much unless not germinated yet.

07-Dec-16

07-Dec-16
Zero rain in north Alabama since September... sever drought. We have had around six inches in the last couple weeks though.

07-Dec-16
Yes, what ghostbird said. The day I planted we had60% chance and two more days with 50% and40% to follow a few days later. Ended up with a few drops.. we had about 90 days without measurable rain on our farm. I am hoping it doesn't get as cold as expected. The clovers have germinated but are less than an inch tall. I thought I had read they needed so many days without a hard freeze to survive the winter?????

08-Dec-16
clover is strong , It grows up north because it can with stand a lot of cold, it fails here in the summer because it cant take the heat . no worries yet . frost should not effect common clover , not sure how the red will fair.

11-Dec-16
Crimson clover stays green down to about 24 degrees.The radish about 24-26 degrees. The wheat and rye are fine. If you used medium red clover, then that temp would be in the 26 degree range.

13-Dec-16
It got down to 18 one night and 22 the next. Just hoping the clover will come back in the spring.

13-Dec-16
when its in your lawn , you can hardly kill it .

• Sitka Gear