Will tell 17-Dec-16
buff 17-Dec-16
Charlie Rehor 18-Dec-16
SouthPaw 19-Dec-16
HerdManager 20-Dec-16
petedrummond 20-Dec-16
loprofile 20-Dec-16
07-Dec-16
Anyone here have any good experience with the heated hunting vest and insoles?

Which vest is the best and do they actually work?

07-Dec-16
I use the Cabelas Gerbing vest, jacket and kidney wrap. They work fantastic. I bought the insoles and returned them. Wondering if the new wireles/remote insoles are better. The insoles are made to just take the edge off, but turning them on and off was a pain and I could really never tell if they were working or not.

07-Dec-16
The Cabelas performance heated vest is great. Been using one for a couple years now. Have it turned on under a jacket & you are nice & warm.

08-Dec-16
I have a gerbing vest and really like it, they make the cabelas. Bought my dad one last year and he liked it enough I bought myself one.

08-Dec-16
heated insoles are garbage

08-Dec-16
I too have the Gerbing vest. Was out yesterday in a good wind and 19 degree temps. I was nice and cozy.

08-Dec-16
The vest does work. Just make sure you buy an extra battery if you're doing an all-day sit!

12-Dec-16
Never used Thermocell or other battery operated type insoles but the Hot Hands style work pretty good if you use the toe warmers on top of your toes too too. Says last 7 hours but I'd say its more like 5. You can buy about 30 pair plus the toe warmers for the price of the battery operated type last I checked.. I thouight about trying the Thermocell type as a few people have told me they work good. I could see the same problem as with the others though. Warm the bottom of your feet good but if nothing on top of your toes they may get cold.

15-Dec-16
I used the Milwaukee heated sweatshirt as a layer under my jacket for an IL hunt last week in brutally cold and windy hunting 12-22 degrees. It was so toasty warm, very impressed with its performance. I bought a bigger battery and it worked for 6 hours straight set on high. Would highly recommend it.

17-Dec-16
Thanks for the info.

17-Dec-16
I have used the cabelas heated socks this year, and though they are expensive, $200, they worked well for me.

17-Dec-16
I have the Milwaukee heated jacket that works great. It takes the same battery that the tools take. The batteries last about three hours if you set it on high. It also has hand warmers in the pockets. Great down to 20 degrees.

17-Dec-16
I have the heated insoles with remote, seems to be fine for me. A lot of guys don't think they work, and some may not, but they are made to not get hot, so your feet don't sweat. So the only way you know they are working is if your feet are not cold, because you don't feel the heat. Also it's counter intuitive but you can't wear heavy socks

18-Dec-16
After Christmas begins the best part of Whitetail season! Nice to see guys anticipating! Good luck all! C

19-Dec-16
I tried the Dewalt heated jacket. It was great when it actually worked. Super handy for charging your phone also.

20-Dec-16
Get a Heater Body Suit. No batteries. Keeps you warm as long as you are in it. Contains your own body heat so well, you can sit all day late season. Wind stopper keeps the wind from cutting through you. Single best piece of gear I own. Have killed many dozens of deer when using it. I use the snow camo coverall in the winter. Deer look right through you.

20-Dec-16
The same small wires that conduct heat so well when the batteries work conduct cold every bit as well when they die and the colder the quicker they die.

20-Dec-16
Chemical heated insoles are great

• Sitka Gear