shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo
shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo

Hunting

09-Dec-16
Wow what an amazing morning!!!!

09-Dec-16

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
I've heard a lot about the second rut kicking in so I thought id give it a go.. I got to my blind and started to hang up my scent bombs.. By the time I got to my last one(third) I seen a huge buck charging at me with his nose in the air.. He looked at me and darted off.. I slowly got back to my bow and pack and snuck in my blind.. No more than a minute passes and I can gear him coming.. He came right in on my scents nose in the air grunting.. He was about 35 yards out and I couldn't get a shot.. While standing there and eating I checked him out.. He was the big 9 I got a pic of earlier in the year.. He stood there looking for the doe for about five minutes.. He then turned around and slowly walked off.. Wow what an awesome morning.. Here's the pic of him

09-Dec-16
Cool beans bud..sounds like today already a winner..GL!!!

09-Dec-16
In my book this is what its about.. Blessed just to be able to get out.. O ya by the way did I mention I'm getting paid to hunt today.. Lol.. And Monday !!!

09-Dec-16
Sponsored already. I sat for an hour and a half looking at the ground all torn up prior to my arrival this morning. So I decided to go down the road to my area on the side of the mountain. Decided to mill around slowly giving a shot of buck bomb every now and then. Good luck

09-Dec-16
Ya soapdish.. I counted 7 extremely fresh scrapes.. No new rubbing but a lit of scrapes..

09-Dec-16
Coming out for lunch.. Be back around 2...

09-Dec-16
Good luck again

09-Dec-16
Just got back out for the evening hunt

09-Dec-16
Man that was close.. It got really windy out and I just almost got hit by a widow maker... Literally within 3 ft.. Scared the sh%& out of me!!

09-Dec-16
Man that was close.. It got really windy out and I just almost got hit by a widow maker... Literally within 3 ft.. Scared the sh%& out of me!!

09-Dec-16
Nice job of seeing the deer and staying alive!

• Sitka Gear