spike buck 24-Apr-17
Alexis Desjardins 25-Apr-17
spike buck 25-Apr-17
stuckintherut 02-May-17
spike buck 03-May-17
22-Dec-16

spike buck's embedded Photo
We now know our quota for 2017 will not change from the last 4 years.

We now have openings for Spring Bear 2017. It's a 6 day, semi guided hunt. Includes a fully modern cabin, treestands, help tracking and retrieving of bear, standby sites if needed and all bait needed for your hunt.

Semi Guided.... you supply your own vehicle to access bait site. I supply your bait for you to rebait your site throughout your hunt. We help you in great detail on what you need to know about the site you will hunt. Baits are from 1 mile to 55 miles from camp.

Weeks available are as follows: May 21 to the 27th, May 28th to June 3rd, June 4th to June 1oth and June 10th to 15th. Hunts start noon Sunday and runs to Saturday morning. Except W/O June 10th where you will arrive on a Saturday and hunt ends Thursday evening.

I will not have access to email for all of next week. I will try to look on Bowsite to keep up to date. You will be able to get a hold of me on my cell at 1-807-221-9793.

Price will not go up from 2016

$1450.00 bear only. Boats available if needed.

Merry Christmas to all on Bowsite and a Happy New Year!!!

22-Dec-16
Sounds like fun, Merry Christmas

23-Dec-16

Spring bear of 2016 archery season
Spring bear of 2016 archery season
Spring Bear 2016
Spring Bear 2016
Another 2016 Spring Bear
Another 2016 Spring Bear

26-Dec-16
Pine Acres Bear Camp will be at the Chicago ALL CANADA SHOW on January 12 to the 15th. Situated at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles ILL. Stop at the booth and talk bear hunting!!!

1-807-221-9793

31-Dec-16
Still have 12 openings for spring 2017. Fall hunts are filling fast!! Call 1-807-221-9793 cell anytime or 1-800-757-2241 and if no answer please leave a message.

Pine Acres has 9 LARGE BEAR MANAGEMENT areas. One of the largest BMA's in WESTERN ONTARIO!!

Bowsite sponsor.

Happy New Year ALL!!!

01-Jan-17

Another Western Ontario colour phase. June 2016.
Another Western Ontario colour phase. June 2016.
Another June 2016 trophy.
Another June 2016 trophy.
6.5 inch pad.
6.5 inch pad.
Long ways from the road. Skinned and quartered at kill site.
Long ways from the road. Skinned and quartered at kill site.
Pine Acres Bear Camp.

Email me at [email protected] anytime.

02-Jan-17

Each barrel gets filled to the brim with these goodies.
Each barrel gets filled to the brim with these goodies.

02-Jan-17

04-Jan-17

New road into Virgin Bear Country. Scouted out the new territory this past Fall, looks to be very promising. This new road will give us 17 miles of NEW territory. Also building roads in our Buller lake BMA.

04-Jan-17

Brian Whitmore, Iowa. Archery.
Brian Whitmore, Iowa. Archery.
Brian's dads bear. Archery.
Brian's dads bear. Archery.
Going in for Brian's bear. Everyone in camp working together!!
Going in for Brian's bear. Everyone in camp working together!!
2 P&Y Ontario Black Bears above!!

I will be at the Green Bay All Canada Show January 19th to the 22nd.

04-Jan-17
I sent you an email.

Thanks,

06-Jan-17

May 2016. Archery.
May 2016. Archery.
One of our NEW treestands.
One of our NEW treestands.
2016 P&Y trophy
2016 P&Y trophy
9 hunts still available for the Spring 2017 hunt.

Hunt is a six day hunt. SEMI GUIDED. Arrive Sunday morning to following Saturday morning. Fully modern cabin, tree stands, help with tracking and retrieving of bear, standby sites, use of walkin cooler and chest freezers. Resturant a 5 minute walk from lodge.

Price is $1450.00 us funds.

09-Jan-17

June 2016, Archery
June 2016, Archery
June 2016. Archery.
June 2016. Archery.
Prime Fall dates are still available. [email protected]

09-Jan-17

2016 Archery.
2016 Archery.
2016 archery
2016 archery
No idea where this picture came from!!
No idea where this picture came from!!

09-Jan-17
I will be in the St.Louis area next Monday, Tuesday and Wensday. Call if anyone wants a meeting to talk Bear Hunting in Ontario. 1-807-221-9793. Chris.

09-Jan-17

Deer will sleep easier now with the predators depleted!!
Deer will sleep easier now with the predators depleted!!
Just got back from Upper Falls and Quibell outpost, checking 2 snare sets. Weekend really stacked them up.

11-Jan-17
I will be at the Indiana Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Classic on the 22nd of February.

A few prime dates left for Fall 2017.

11-Jan-17

Shannon Cobb and his 2016 bear. Archery.
Shannon Cobb and his 2016 bear. Archery.
Greg Blevins 2016 bear. Archery.
Greg Blevins 2016 bear. Archery.
Gregs sons 2016 bear. Archery.
Gregs sons 2016 bear. Archery.

11-Jan-17

Irst week of Fall 2016 was 100% opportunity!!
Irst week of Fall 2016 was 100% opportunity!!
Chris Strang. Fall 2016. Archery.
Chris Strang. Fall 2016. Archery.
All but one hunter tagged a bear first full week of Fall Bear. Awesome week!!!

Leaving to Chicago tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing a few of you at the All Canada Show at the Pheasant Run Resort on the 12th to the 15th of Jan. in St. Charles Ill.

1-807-221-9793 cell

11-Jan-17
Thanks for the great pictures Spike Buck. My brother Dennis will get to meet you Friday at St. Charles and book our fall hunt.

12-Jan-17
See you at the show!!!

17-Jan-17
Enjoyed talking bears with a few bowsiters the last few days. Will be in Green Bay for Thursday for the Green Bay All Canada show. Runs Thursday 5:00 to Sunday 4:00.

Still have a couple of openings for 2017 for single hunters (groups of 1) to fill in a couple of prime Spring dates.

Still prime Falls dates available for 2017.

See you there!!

20-Jan-17
All spots for Spring 2017 are now filled. Third week of Fall season 2017, August 27th week, still has a couple of spots available. Also the COMBO BEAR/WOLF is available, September 17th week.

Call 1-807-221-9793 or email at [email protected]

27-Jan-17

All spots for 2017, Spring and Fall are taken. Thanks!!

Many spots are already taken for 2018. Anyone who books for a Spring or Fall 2018 hunt by end of March will get last years prices, $1450.00.

27-Jan-17

Next show is at the Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo at the Indianapolis State Fair grounds on February 23 to 26th.

We are doing a Winter Wolf hunt during the winter of 2017 and 18. Last week of November first 2 weeks of December. Feb and March.

1-807-221-9793 Cell.

20-Feb-17

spike buck's Link
Indiana Deer Turkey and Waterfowl Expo starts on Thursday February 23rd.

If your in the area, come see what we have for Fall Combo Wolf hunts, Winter Wolf Hunts, Whitetail hunts and Spring and Fall 2018 Bear hunts.

See you there!!

25-Mar-17

Checked snares on our property for the last time today and this mangy female wolf was in one of the snares. Took 7 wolves off the 2 properties. One was shot in early Dec. and 6 were snared.

Snares are pulled as the season closes on the 1rst of April.

26-Mar-17

Ingredients for our mixing of the popcorn.
Ingredients for our mixing of the popcorn.
After adding 3 cups of used restaurant grease, mixing the grease into the popcorn, we add Jello powder.
After adding 3 cups of used restaurant grease, mixing the grease into the popcorn, we add Jello powder.
Add some Brown sugar and an ounce of liquid smoke, then we mix vigorously. Not cheap when its done!!
Add some Brown sugar and an ounce of liquid smoke, then we mix vigorously. Not cheap when its done!!
That time of year again!! Here's Michelle, in the first picture, our cabin cleaner / waitress/ and popcorn popper!!!

Needs to pop 26 - 50lb bags of kernels for the spring season. 1 bag of 50 pound kernels make 6 Large plastic bags of popped corn. Corn bought at Sam's Club in Duluth for $23.00 US per 5o lb bag.

Started using popcorn back in the 70's. Can't remember any other outfitter ever using popcorn at this time. Bears love popcorn, you have to mix popcorn with filler bait as popcorn alone is not enough to keep them at baits. Too light.

26-Mar-17
Always like those kind pics Spike. There is so much that goes into the story of each spring & fall hunt.

09-Apr-17

Spring left 3 weeks early!!! Working on scouting out new sites right now. We are looking forward to meeting our hunters coming for the spring hunt.

09-Apr-17

2000 pound of bait. Cookie Dough.
2000 pound of bait. Cookie Dough.
3000 pounds of candy stored in a cabin.
3000 pounds of candy stored in a cabin.
A bears candy store!!!
A bears candy store!!!

09-Apr-17
Glad to see you made it thru the winter and a early spring for ya spike buck. Can't wait to see some of the pics this spring.

09-Apr-17

Thought I'd add my vacation picture of S. Texas. Between shows. Picture of "The Wall" along the Rio Grande River. Border patrol watching us. Eagle Pass Texas.
Thought I'd add my vacation picture of S. Texas. Between shows. Picture of "The Wall" along the Rio Grande River. Border patrol watching us. Eagle Pass Texas.
A Texas Ranger stopped to chat as we travelled a 2 track near Del Rio. They were everywhere.
A Texas Ranger stopped to chat as we travelled a 2 track near Del Rio. They were everywhere.
More of " the wall "
More of " the wall "
WV, I tried to be down South as much as possible this winter. Spent time touring the US/mexican border area for our vacation. Did a lot of travelling, driving as far as the Rio Grande, Mexican border.

Usually hunters arriving in early May run into foul weather so we decided not to start the hunt until May 14th. Gives us ample time to set up new sites and add more barrels to bait sites.

Had a meeting with OMNRF officials, pertaining to the future of bears and bear hunting last week. There were about 100 outfitters from the Manitoba border to Thunder Bay.

There will be changes for next year. Sounds very positive!!!~

10-Apr-17
Boy can hardly wait for your first baiting pictures. Thanks for pictures and for working so hard for your hunters.

10-Apr-17
Looking forward to your pics again this spring Spike Buck! Good luck to you and all of your hunters!

10-Apr-17

Getting the nest ready!!
Getting the nest ready!!
The baiters start work for the year tomorrow. Lucky Seven Bear Baits will be delivering 4 pellets of bait next week, added on to what I have already. To come next week, 4 barrels of peanut butter, 4 barrels of skittles, blue berry pie filling and another tote of Fig Newtons. Bought 15- 2 man ladder stands to add to all the others. Replaced the trail camera's chewed on by the bears. Going to be a lot of fun!!!

I will bring my camera every where we go and try to take some worth while pictures of the bush coming out of dormancy. Thanks, hope my thread isn't too boring.

13-Apr-17
Cant wait for all the trail camera and successful bear hunter pictures to start! I always find the pictures you take while out and about interesting as well, never know what you will stumble upon. Good luck to all the hunters this spring

13-Apr-17
Thanks Brandon. All the snows gone, letting back roads dry up a bit before I venture out on them. Don't want to rut them up. Hit 70F today.

13-Apr-17
Looking forward to the pics and story's hope to chase a bear someday thanks!

17-Apr-17

Virgin Bear Country!!! Scouting out new bait sites.
Virgin Bear Country!!! Scouting out new bait sites.
Example of roads hunter will use to access our bear hunting areas. Hunters at Pine Acres supply own transportation to the hunting sites. Sites from 2 - 55 miles from camp.
Example of roads hunter will use to access our bear hunting areas. Hunters at Pine Acres supply own transportation to the hunting sites. Sites from 2 - 55 miles from camp.
Low Level water crossing. When these are constructed, never have to worry about beaver dams again.
Low Level water crossing. When these are constructed, never have to worry about beaver dams again.

17-Apr-17

After a bit of scouting I came across this ideal site. Spent a couple of hours walking through the timber for a perfect place to set the stand and barrel bait. Go back in a couple of days to set everything up!!

17-Apr-17

This lake has no name, just a number as there are too many lakes to have names for. This Trout lake will have ice till the end of the month.

18-Apr-17
Just an FYI, those slow down signs are only advisory. Never slow down on those roads. It is way more fun!

18-Apr-17
Screwball, even more fun when Delwayne is behind the wheel!!!

24-Apr-17

Last winter storm of the season. I hope!! Highway closed from Winnipeg to Vermilion Bay. A total of a foot is still to fall tonight.

Still was able to get out and set up treestands today, snow or not.

25-Apr-17
Keep that snow over there Spike that looks like a dirty one. Good luck to everyone at your camp this year stay safe. If u run into Allan Landry in vermillion tell him I said hello I think he's the only one of uncle Rene's family left there. Blessings

25-Apr-17
Thanks Alex, to get another dump of snow on Thursday and then a warm up. Your area must miss all the snow, we always get it. Be safe and good luck to you and your hunters!!! Chris.

02-May-17
Hi Chris, I hope things are starting to melt. A month and a day until we depart for camp. Any pics of the new areas your scouting or any bears been hitting yet. I need something to help the time pass by otherwise i will go stir crazy. see you soon. curt

03-May-17
Still snow on the ground. We actually needed the moisture. Baits are out, still more to set up, cameras will go out end of next week. Watched a bear playing in a foot of snow for about 5 minutes, looked like he was enjoying himself. Camera was in the other truck, would have been great pictures. Once everything is all set up pictures will follow. Thanks Curt. First hunter arrive in 2 weeks.

• Sitka Gear