12yards 13-Jan-17
Buffalo1 13-Jan-17
kota-man 13-Jan-17
lewis 13-Jan-17
12yards 13-Jan-17
kota-man 13-Jan-17
lewis 13-Jan-17
11-Jan-17
The 2017 Elite bows are now on their website. What you guys think? I didn't really see anything that made me say wow. They now offer split limb bows though.

11-Jan-17
I shot the Option 7 today, along with Halon 32, Bowtech Reign 7 and the Hoyt Carbon Defiant. All four of these are FINE bows. The Option 7 has a "different" cycle and wall than previous Elites, but still nice. The grip is a huge improvement. I walked out with the Halon 32 that I ordered but was most surprised by the Bowtech. I honestly could own any of these 4 and be happy. (I do own two of them ;)

11-Jan-17
Spike, they look nice to me. I like the look of the Revol. I just like the looks of it, the riser in particular. Feels like there are so many bow's out there today from so many companies which are all so darn good...

11-Jan-17
I'll save my opinion until i shoot one but the specs were underwhelming for me. I'm sure they are nice bows but everyone makes nice bows now. Of it fits you, shoot it is the bottom line.

12-Jan-17
"Not holding" anything back and having to push it, as it's described, to let it down is what scares me about them.

12-Jan-17
HDE when I went to a shop to draw back the Impulse 31 they gave me a release with just a stationary little hook to draw it back. I asked if I could draw it with mine they said no too many dry fires. I drew it back and I was trying to let it down but it did not want to budge. I got real nervous the string was going to slip out of the little hook as I was letting up. That thing took me for a ride. Only thing I don't like about my Hunter but it is the most solid wall out there for sure!

12-Jan-17
That cam system sucks for me to shoot. If you shoot a really relaxed static shot you will probably love it. "Huge dwell zones" or 90% let off doesn't feel good to me.

12-Jan-17
Cory, How did you like the reign 7? I want to shoot these bows as well! Freddie

12-Jan-17
Been shooting Elites for 5 years now and I didn't see anything to get excited about. I did like the adjustable roller cable guard. May have to try and fit it to a couple of my older Elites. I'm not a big fan of the split limbs. MSRP of most of the high end bows is getting out of hand and looks like Elite is following suit.

12-Jan-17
Cory did you shoot the Elite Revo? They told me that it would likely replace the Energy 35. It won't be available until May though. I shot it and it was sweet. Also shot the Halon 32 and the Defiant 34, and the Prime Centergy Hybrid. I probably liked the Revo and Defiant the best. I think that Eilte's new roller guard arrangement may make tuning a bit easier. All great bows.

12-Jan-17
Fixed roller gaurds are a nightmare. The 1299 and 1399 msrp is insane on these bows. With a dealer cost at a little over 925 either sales or margins will suffer because with the infalated msrp you can't have both. Coming from a guy that has own about 15 elites going back to 2008 I can say they have strayed far from model that has brought them past success. Many have said that investment group ownership would be the beginning of the end for them and sad to say I think it's coming to fruition.

12-Jan-17
No, I didn't Tom. They only had the Option 7 for new Elites.

I was REALLY impressed with the Reign 7. I liked everything about it and would have no problem owning one. (I may before the year is over!) Loved the draw, very little vibration at the shot and held fantastic. For me it is really a toss up between the Hoyt Carbon Defiant, the Mathews Halon 32 and the Bowtech Reign 7. The Elite Option 7 is right there with these three, but there was something "different" about the draw cycle I didn't love. I don't remember a year when I liked so many bows from so many different manufacturer's.

12-Jan-17
You need to try an Xpedition Cory!

12-Jan-17
I don't think there is a dealer for Xpedition in this State! Another thing I always consider is resale value. I can usually come out "ok" trying the "Big Three" for a few months and selling, but anything else, I lose my shorts when I go to sell it. Xpedition could make the greatest bow model ever, and I will bet you when I go to sell it up here, I would not be a happy camper. Nothing against the bow at all but I've been down that road with lesser known companies before. Now, if I was going to own a bow for a few years, then I would have no problem going with a lesser known company. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt Carbon Defiant, the Mathews Halon 32 and seriously thinking about picking up a Bowtech Reign 7. I will shoot them throughout the winter and spring, and settle on one by hunting season and sell the other two. That is just how I roll... :)

12-Jan-17
I could see that being a problem, I think the only dealer is in Dickinson up there. We only have a few here and they are made here! They really need to expand their dealer network.

P.S. Resale on them has been pretty good from what I've seen online, etc.

12-Jan-17
So true on the big 3 and resale! I want to try Halon, Reign 7, and Btx-mag

12-Jan-17
If you get a chance shoot the new Prime Centergy , its and awesome bow .

12-Jan-17
I like solid limbs! ( call me old fashioned) Hard to find now a days!..Also 35 plus ATA! Hey this is looking good...Then when you get all excited, just to look down the specs and see 6" brace...these bow makers just can't get right!

12-Jan-17
I actually like Prime bows, but you better own them awhile. I've owned a couple and got crushed on the resale.

Brotsky...I did not know there was a dealer in Dickenson. Too bad it's about a 5.5 hour drive from me, or I'd check them out. Thanks for the info.

13-Jan-17
From HDE; ""Not holding" anything back and having to push it, as it's described, to let it down is what scares me about them. " I once had the draw stop on one of my bows set to allow maybe 85% let off or more and my accuracy suffered. After re adjusting the draw stop to hold 70% I had much better arrow flight and left to right accuracy.

13-Jan-17
I buck the trend. I shoot better with the nicer valley. I still pull into the backwall, but not nearly as hard as I used to have to when I shot Hoyts. I shoot my Synergy and GT500 much better than the Hoyts I had. Plus I never have an episode of yanking my shoulders because I relaxed too much at full draw like I did often with my Hoyts.

My opinion on the new Elites is that they blew it with the late release. They put a huge target on their backs by not releasing w/ everyone else. Now everyone is focused on them and with the cost increase it might be killing them. It seems to me that lots of folks were clamoring/criticizing them for not having a roller guard or split limbs. Now that they changed, people are criticizing them for being like everyone else. LOL. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I do think they may have alienated a lot of folks who truly loved the uniqueness of what they were producing in the past. I for one would definitely have an open mind if I were in the market for a new bow. I would definitely try one out. But I love the ones I have so much I won't be in the market for a long time.

13-Jan-17
Kota Man-

Bows are just like stocks- buy high & sell low !!!

13-Jan-17
Buff...That is true, but at least I can have a little fun with a bow before I get rid of it! "Cost of doing business" so to speak. Stocks are a whole different animal. I just get p$%&^ed off whenever I sell a stock lower than what I paid for it. And by the way, I ordered up the Reign 7 today...:) I'm going to shoot the Hoyt Carbon Defiant, the Mathews Halon 32 and the Bowtech Reign 7 for the rest of this winter before deciding which one makes the cut for next fall. Anyone want to buy two out of these three sometime early summer? :)

13-Jan-17
Darn I am in the market for getting a new bow this year and after the shoulder surgery was wanting a smooth draw and was thinking about the Elite but you all sound not so impressed.Lewis

13-Jan-17
lewis you should be able to pick up a very nice new (or slightly used) leftover 2016 Elite Synergy somewhere. That bow is perfect for a guy with bad shoulders. I know from bad shoulder experience.

13-Jan-17
I agree 100% with 12yards lewis...The Synergy is what you want for bad shoulders.

13-Jan-17
Thanks guys kota don't put an "s" on shoulder as its just my left {rotator cuff} 2 yrs.ago just kidding with you Lewis

• Sitka Gear