Elk holler 15-Jan-17
AndyJ 15-Jan-17
Kevin Dill 16-Jan-17
Jethro 16-Jan-17
Surfbow 16-Jan-17
MF 19-Jan-17
12-Jan-17

wild1's Link
L.L. Bean is currently being boycotted because Linda Bean contributed to Trump's campaign. While L.L. Bean might not be your first thought when considering a new piece of gear, they do carry some quality stuff - I purchased a "Hunter Carryall" which is very useful and a great value.

12-Jan-17
And they have a lifetime satisfaction guarantee with no-hassle returns. I buy a lot of stuff from LL Bean and consider it to be better than much of the other stuff available elsewhere. LL Bean has always supported the hunting and fishing industries and never lost sight of their roots, unlike many other gear companies.

12-Jan-17
I've been getting some gear from them. Prices were good with free shipping

12-Jan-17
LL Bean has, hands-down, the best warranty of any outdoor retailer. A fair amount of my hunting outerwear is from LL Bean, and it has performed extremely well.

12-Jan-17

kellyharris's Link
God Bless President Trump

12-Jan-17
LL bean is great company and worthy of outdoormens support

12-Jan-17
There is a reason why they have been around since 1911 and are still going strong.

12-Jan-17
I occasionally shop there and will continue to do so. Some of my longtime favorite pieces of gear are their products. Don't need 8 zillion catalogues, but whatever.

12-Jan-17
I have a pair of sunglasses from them. I scratched the lens and contacted them to see if I could buy a new lens as it wasn't any fault of theirs. They told me to send them in and sent me a new pair free of charge.

That along with the fact that Linda Bean doesn't let herself be intimidated by the snowflakes will help them to see more of my business in the future.

TMBB

12-Jan-17
i'm ok with trump given crappy other choice that existed, but I could care less who my gear brand of choice supported.

I focus on value, functionality and track record in the field not political leanings.

12-Jan-17
Bou'bound felt the need to respond with an empty, meaningless post, but won't address his own thread on a highly suspect mountain lion hunt. Strange days.

12-Jan-17
No, he's just not fickle. What would've happened if Under Armor had contributed to Trump?

Yes indeed, strange days...

12-Jan-17
I've been elk hunting (and pheasant hunting) in the LL Bean Maine Hunting boots for 41 years. Love them!

12-Jan-17
This was a great excuse to pick up the knock around town puffy I been wanting. Told my wife and she placed an order too for some gifts and things for the kids.

12-Jan-17
Been buying from them for 30 years. Very very honorable people. Went to maine and stopped by. Very professional. High marks!

12-Jan-17
Ill probably get flamed off bowsite forever but, not being a Trump fan, I find this stuff annoying. God, LL Bean makes some great stuff - for hunting, hiking or just being outdoors... and if you fly fish... they have really nice fly rods for the $$ which all carry that epic LL Bean warranty. Look, if a company does something really horrible, I don't know, selling clearly defective items to make a buck or whatnot... sure, boycott. But when a company has a huge history of being intensely loyal to it's customers AND making good products available to it's customers... That's clearly a company run by folks that are worth supporting.

What ever happened to being able to accept differences, while still respecting people?

Agreed OP - buy LL Bean, or at least click over the site to see what they have!

12-Jan-17
You'd only get flamed if you said you're a hillary fan, a lot of trump voters aren't trump fans but he is clearly better for our country than killary.

"What ever happened to being able to accept differences, while still respecting people?" You're asking the wrong crowd, we're not the boycotters.

12-Jan-17
This boycott is a joke. Every Christmas my brother and I, along with our wives, go there. Best to go at night as that place is always busy. I always hit the outlet and the one in North Conway too. You live in Northern NH or Maine, you have Bean stuff in your house. Best warranty in the business.

12-Jan-17
Beans 100% wool sweaters and flannel lined jeans are a great.

12-Jan-17
Beans down vest are great. Everything I own by them is quality gear. God Bless

12-Jan-17
Saw Mrs Bean interviewed on Fox and Friends this am. She's the real deal and said she would not back down to pressure! Good for her! C

12-Jan-17
I am no fan of Trump but many of us think he got elected because they voted against Hilliary. On the issue of LLBean. I have bout a lot of items ONCE. I travel a good bit and I was replacing my luggage every year or two. I bought an LL Bean duffle bag about twenty years ago . It is showing wear and tear but it went around the world with me three times one year and it has been as far many times over in the last few years. What really convinced me to stay loyal is my 15year old tent. I damaged the zipper . When I went in the Freeport store they told me to bring it in . They would repair for a small fee unless I thought it should be warranty. I couldn't bring myself to abuse their warranty.

12-Jan-17
that's their right to boycott - I was looking at buying U2 tickets and taking my wife to Dallas ... expensive tickets, like $250-400 for good seats .... anyway, I read today U2 postponed their next album release in protest of Trump

thank you U2 ... I'll spend my money elsewhere

so people have the right to do that - and when I hear things like this yes, I gravitate my business towards them (like LL Bean)

12-Jan-17
Good point wild 1

12-Jan-17
I have nothing but great experiences with LL Bean products. And I agree some of the things I've worn out, I just couldn't return. The very few items I've had a problem with they were great to deal with unlike some of their competitors.

12-Jan-17
I decided to stop at a local LL Bean store today, and I made sure I told the folks working there why. Then for good measure, I ordered a new knife online. It really is high quality stuff, and if you catch their sales (or an outlet) the prices are good.

Liberals seem to think that they are the main LL Bean customers. I guess somebody has to buy those Lycra hiking tights, but most Outdoorsmen are not Liberal, and people from Maine are generally pretty damn independent thinking. I predict that the attention from their "boycott" will bring an increase in sales.

12-Jan-17
I'm only 38 and so have only been paying attention to politics for about 20 years. To those who've been around longer, has it always been this bad? Have we always hated each other this much?

13-Jan-17
Vietnam era...

13-Jan-17
I have always enjoyed my purchases/experience with them over the years.

Good luck, Robb

13-Jan-17
I'll stay out of the political badminton game here. I will say that I enjoy seeing LL Bean retain a sense of stability and an adherence to their original identity. Sure they've changed with the times but not to the point of being a 'used-to' company. I don't exactly see the company as being pro-party either. Anyone else here remember the 2009 LL Bean Edition Subaru Forester? LL Bean Pink Duck Shoes? At the same time they're marketing (or have) fine shotguns, hunting dog gear, fly tackle, GOOD hunting clothing and more.

All politics aside, I just like the company, their products and how they do business with me. I don't need to support them more or less...I've always supported them.

13-Jan-17
I could care less who they did, or did not donate money to. They have always had good quality products so I will continue to use them...

13-Jan-17
I've been buying their hunting stuff through their catalog for many years. I hear the main store is a great place to see all the Bean history as well as some neat moose mounts.

13-Jan-17
In the political arena, it's not so much who they supported, but simply that they haven't caved to the liberal agenda. In my opinion, most hunters don't necessarily mind if an outdoor store sells stuff to other enthusiasts with a liberal mindset, but many liberals sure do hate it that some of these stores sell to hunters.

Yes, there have been some less than worthless posts on this thread, heck maybe even mine.

13-Jan-17
I own a couple Bean Guide shirts, and they are a great piece of gear. I do not own much else from them that I can recall.

13-Jan-17

elkstabber's Link
LL Bean simply makes the best all around hunting boot there is. It has a great warranty and will not let you down. I use it for all of my chores around the farm and for all of my whitetail hunting. All other boots are poor copies. This boot has a very soft rubber bottom that allows you to feel what is under your foot before you step and won't ever blister your foot like other rubber-bottom boots.

13-Jan-17
It's been a long time since I ordered something from them, mostly it was fly fishing stuff. Just never really looked at them much, maybe because of being back east and out of sight-out of mind maybe...?

13-Jan-17
"I'm only 38 and so have only been paying attention to politics for about 20 years. To those who've been around longer, has it always been this bad? Have we always hated each other this much?"

I read a really interesting history book a few years ago (can't remember the title unfortunately) that examined your question. The answer was yes, it has been this bad in the past, although it is sort of cyclical depending on what war or nationalistic cause we are currently involved in. Elections in the more distant past had a TON of mudslinging, and a ton of fraud, but there was just less headline exposure (i.e. social media).

13-Jan-17
I wasn't alive during this time (really), but in 1856 House of Rep. Preston Brooks entered the Senate chamber looking for Senator Charles Sumner. When Brooks found Sumner, he used a cane (with a metal top) and brutally beat Sumner into unconsciousness. Worse than "bare-knuckled politics." Those were the days!

13-Jan-17
"I wasn't alive during this time (really), but in 1856 House of Rep. Preston Brooks entered the Senate chamber looking for Senator Charles Sumner. When Brooks found Sumner, he used a cane (with a metal top) and brutally beat Sumner into unconsciousness. Worse than "bare-knuckled politics." Those were the days!"

I'd love to see this happen to those Rinos who are cowering after Trump took the gold.

13-Jan-17
Love their chinos and blue jeans with the hidden comfort waist. (expands) very good for when I choose an inside the waist band carry holster.

13-Jan-17
Just opened a store about 30 minutes from my house, love their stuff

13-Jan-17
LL bean is an excellent company, have ordered from them for 50 years. Best footwear ever.

13-Jan-17
I read a lot of negative comments elsewhere today about LL Bean by the people upset that one lady associated with the company donated to Trump. However none of them acknowledged the quality of their products, their loyalty to their customers or the fact that they donated $6 million to land conservation last year. Even the snowflakes must enjoy the great outdoors no?

14-Jan-17
Plus they employ a lot of people, I believe over 5,000 employees if I remember correctly.

14-Jan-17
Thanks for the info. No more LL Bean for me. Trump is a psycho. Down with Trump!

14-Jan-17
Yeah bean employ thousands of real Americans.....Every person is entitled to there own opinions...Even if you shoot a crossbow..

14-Jan-17
Boy....psycho....My my. Your about to get popular.....llbean employs thousands of American folks. .Your patronage won't be missed..

15-Jan-17
Stopped at ll bean today for a new set of snowshoe pants. Man the place was crowded.

Boycott isn't doing much to stop the store

15-Jan-17
It's "I couldn't care less" ,, not "I could care less" otherwise there would be no point in saying it. I'm a Trump fan.

15-Jan-17
Shannon Coulter, founder and CEO of DoubleKnown Marketing and Communications. Maybe we should call for a boycott of HER business. I really doubt her liberal audience buys much outdoor gear anyway. I figure they'll gat a bump in sales just to throw it in the libs face.

15-Jan-17
I will add to the chorus. Have many, many great LL Bean products over years from fly fishing gear, goose down vest, blue jeans, boots, etc. As I sit here and write I am wearing a 20 year old LL Bean fleece vest that is best I have ever owned. Great company and I would have continued to buy from them anyway but loys of motivation now.

15-Jan-17
I just purchased a down jacket from LLBean. And got 25% off. I hadn't bought anything from LLBean in years but decided to check them out after reading about the boycott. Sometimes these boycotts have a way of backfiring. Oh, and the 25% off purchases of $100 or more ends Tuesday, 1/17.

15-Jan-17
The number of hypocrites on this website is appalling. Does LL Bean make anything in this country? I bought my wife a ton of LL Bean stuff for Christmas. I checked the tags, every item was made in China. The rabbit that was used to make the rabbit fur bomber hat I got her was probably skinned alive. I couldn't give two s***s what POS politician/narcissist my merchant supports, but I do care who they employ. Just like many of you profess you do.

16-Jan-17

Kevin Dill's Link
For anyone interested in knowing what USA-made products LL Bean offers:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/981?page=made-in-the-usa

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/512155?page=mens-made-in-the-usa

16-Jan-17
AndyJ, did you keep all that China made stuff, or return it?

16-Jan-17
So AndyJ, EVERYTHING you buy is sourced in the US? How about produce at the grocery store in the winter? How about components of your vehicles? It's almost unavoidable to buy some things made outside the US these days. There are many companies who employ a whole lot of Americans, but who still must have products or components of products made elsewhere just to stay competitive on pricing.

19-Jan-17
Just got my 16 in Maine hunting boots! Can't wait for some wicked nasty weather :) Wanted to leave a thank you message at grabyourwallet but can't seem to find a way to do that. Probably wouldn't have bought them if not for the boycott.

• Sitka Gear