standswittaknife 16-Jan-17
Shiras 16-Jan-17
smarba 16-Jan-17
standswittaknife 17-Jan-17
t-roy 17-Jan-17
Ajbowhunter 23-Nov-17
standswittaknife 23-Nov-17
12-Jan-17
Paid an exhorbant amount to have my first bulls cape that I killed in 2011 tanned and shipped to me here in Colorado. Kept the cape secured until this year when I wanted to use if on a big bull I killed in Alaska. Apparently the cape is no good per my taxidermist so I'm looking for anyone out there who might have a cape they'd be willing to part with? Please let me know! Thanks,

13-Jan-17
I have one from a mature Southern BC Shiras/Canadian if you are interested. Pm me if interested.

13-Jan-17
I believe D&C expediters in Anchorage has quite a few at the end of every season that they sell. I had a client a couple years ago had the nose chewed off his cape by a grizzly. He bought one from D&C after the season ended.

13-Jan-17
taxidermy.net

13-Jan-17
kota, You aren't mounting that bull?

13-Jan-17
I just did a Euro.

13-Jan-17
Danny, I hope you find a cape.

I've got guys who tell me ahead of the hunt they want a moose cape if I kill and don't want mine. I'd like to help them but a moose cape is a LOT of extra work to produce and then backpack out. So far, every one of my capes/hides has remained in the field. Seems like a shame. Good luck!

13-Jan-17
Hey Danny, Let's see a picture of that bull. Enjoyed meeting you guys up there. I will check with Hugh on where he got the one for his first bull up there. We are heading back in 2019 for our 4th and probably final time.

13-Jan-17

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
Mark's Bull at 59"
Mark's Bull at 59"
Thanks Guys.

Kevin, I left mine too as I "knew" I had mine at home already and moose capes are a TON of work. I completely understand why people leave them. I was happy to not have to deal with it during processing. I certainly (now) wished I would have known this.

Matt, that was a done of fun wasn't it. I'm glad you guys decided to do another one. It was probably one of the funnest hunts I'll ever do. here are some pics of both Mark's and my bulls. I never posted here as we took rifles but since you asked, I'm happy to share some of these photos.

13-Jan-17
Good lord...!!!!

13-Jan-17
bump

13-Jan-17
No bigger than that bull is, I'd just do a Euro ;-)

Awesome bull. Congrats Danny!

13-Jan-17
What did he score? Looks like a booner to me.

13-Jan-17
214.. he had 10" of deductions after it's drying period.. huge bull.. loved every minute of it

14-Jan-17
Congrats. Thats a pretty damn big bull.

You go guided or DIY?

14-Jan-17
DIY w papa bear adventures

15-Jan-17
eastcoastcapes.com has some i think

15-Jan-17
He bought his cape off of e-bay for his 2012 bull. In 2014 we caped all three bulls and the other transporter we went with up there was supposed to buy them from us as we only used one. Never saw any money from the other two, but no big deal.

16-Jan-17
That outfitter must have been the other one up there... NOT Papa Bear adventures!

I have found one and thank everyone for your help. thank you!

16-Jan-17
That is correct, Danny. Glad you found one. That's a hell of a bull!

16-Jan-17
Call me crazy, but a moose looks better Euro than shoulder mount IMO.

Congrats and good luck finding a cape.

17-Jan-17
smarba... you are simply crazy :) Actually I thought about it, but always wanted a big moose head mount, so I cut off the horns.. Now I'm "forced" to head mount him. The one thing I dislike about the euro mount is that it simply cannot grasp the magnitude of these animals. But I do agree that they are a very cool euro mount.

17-Jan-17
I'm with you Danny. Hard for people to grasp how big they are until they see it on the wall. I put mine over the fireplace and my wife wouldn't sit on the hearth under it for the first 2 weeks!

Be sure and post a pic of it when you get it back. Again, congrats!

23-Nov-17
Did you ever get a moose cape? I have one salted if you are still looking

23-Nov-17
Thx but yes i found one..

• Sitka Gear